BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

By the way, Chelsea fans are expecting more of our 'carve up' tactics.

'Dirty Northern .......?'

Funny how we are such a disgusting side, yet they are hoping for Essien to be 'unleashed' and wish Wise was playing to sort us out. Is there a club in world football that makes you sick more? Spolit, arrogant Jonny come lately fans, rip off owners. BRING IT ON!

355819[/snapback]

Who cares what a load of part-time glory hunting fans think? The last time they saw Rovers play for any length of time was the game at Ewood last yr, when the lucky gits got a win. I think chels will win 3-1, but im not really bothered about the result as long as we dont get thrashed. Drawing with chelsea aint gona make or break our season, results against the teams around us, however, WILL rover.gif

Oh and with a any luck only about 250 Rovers fans travel.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drawing with chelsea aint gona make or break our season,

355963[/snapback]

True BRFC but beating them would be one very nice feather in the cap. Make some of the media choke a bit too. Perhaps if we did Chelsea would be just a small mention in the paper on Sunday. Bit like after we beat Man U I hear. After reading the pratts on the m/board link I can only say I would love it, just love if we could beat them.

BAD BOYS!!!!!! please CRUSH those arrogrant chelsea rubbish!!!!!

###### off reading those childish postings in their forums. wat WWE!? WWF!? wat ESSIEN superhero!? WTF! mad.gif

but 1 thing for sure........... they are worry about this match! haha good idea to have those childish postings printed on a BANNER SIZE poster and pasted in the dressing room! laugh.gif

heart prediction Rvers 2 Chelsea 1

brain prediction Chelsea 1 Rovers 1

I really hope we live up to our bully boy tactics on the day, without getting any sending's off. Maybe Axe should be in a 5 man midfield.

Injure a few of their key players and keep it tight. Then after 60 mins - hopefully still 0-0, introduce bellamy and go 4-4-2. Then really have a go at them. Hope Big Brad is on top form.

He's just kissing his wallet, as my father says wink.gif

355921[/snapback]

normally takes Duff about 2 month to recover from breaking a finger nail if i remember correctly, so won't be on form.

Really don't want Robben to hit any form though

I can't believe the Chelsea fans on their forum.

They hold Essien as their hero - the player that put in one of the most disgraceful tackles seen this season.

No matter what is said about our approach last season - at no time was it over the top (as the media would have us believe). They gave as good as they got. What they don't like are players like Savage - who just keep running. You get past him, and he is back at you. The same could be said of most of the team - they are running on Duracell smile.gif

It is time somebody put Chelsea in their place - they are almost as arrogant as their manager. Whether it will be us is debateable - but it would make my weekend if we went to Stamford Bridge and got a result. It would be even better if we could match them for football (as we did at United) - but in reality if we defend for 89 minutes and then win with a break-away goal in the 90th minute I will still be happy. I just hope that none of our players get sent off - as it will just add even more fuel to the media witch hunt that seems to follow Rovers

heart prediction Rvers 2 Chelsea 1

brain prediction Chelsea 1 Rovers 1

356066[/snapback]

Your heart and your brain seem to think too much of the same thing.

I think we could win, but it's a long shot. Probably something like Chelsea 3-0 Rovers in a game where the score will flatter them.

Play deep with 4-5-1 to combat their pace. Todd and ? need to be protected by the axe, whilst Brad and the defence need to practice facing Lampards free kicks cos a noisy Chelsea crowd, a non existent Rovers crowd and a weak ref will probably mean there will be plenty.

I've said it before on here but I really dislike Chelsea fans. They know nowt about football and since the Russian turned up have turned into the most spoilt, spiteful and churlish fans in the league.

Mark Hughes might have been a good striker for many clubs but he was also a thug. Now his team replicate his attitude on the field.

I was reading an interview with Mark Hughes recently - which I am sure was posted on this board - where he said that these days roughing up quality opposition is not an effective tactic. Can anyone recall it and provide a link?

Don't want to sound cocky but since the 60th minute, Chelsea have been pretty well at their first XI. Charlton in contrast have brought on the reserves (Jay Bothroyd is now playing) and are coping OK.

All in all, everything Rovers could have asked for from tonight's game.

Not that fussed about the result except a yellow for Drogba would be nice if it keeps him out of our game and a red card or two for Chelsea on the same grounds...

Chelsea are out of super-human mode after slaughtering Liverpool, Notlob and Betis.

Our task is to keep them human like Everton and Charlton just have done.

That is not impossible and Rovers are the sort of club you DON'T want to be playing 64 hours after a match like the one Chelsea have just had this evening.

Sparky also has an interesting option in terms of when he deploys Bellamy. Based on the 45 minutes of action Bellars has seen in the last two games, he is one of the very few players around for whom Chelsea/Mourinho are going to have to adjust their gameplan to cope with. Of course Mourinho won't know until 2pm whether Bellars is starting or not and if not, whether he's going to get the whole of the second half or just a run out at the end.

So does Mourinho come the arrogant **** who tells his team to go out and play their game or does he hatch a plan to neutralise the threat Bellamy carries. If he does the latter, it could leave a lot of interesting options/space for Tugay to exploit if Hughes picks him.

Mourinho is the curerent expert on pyschology of his players and the game of football, how will Hughes play it ?

Do we go all out in the first thirty minutes against a tired Chelski... or do we lull them into a false sense of security by playing out a dull first half cancelling out their every move then ... up the ante in the second half and we strike.

Which would you go for? I'd want to run them and then kick them at every opportunity stretching the play and keeping the ball for most of the first half.

Second half would be more direct then re group like basketball.

Its time to be the bully boys again, Lampard and Terry we must take out first the rest will fall down like apack of cards.

Not that fussed about the result except a yellow for Drogba would be nice if it keeps him out of our game and a red card or two for Chelsea on the same grounds...

356361[/snapback]

I am VERY fussed that Charlton won, I feel a terrible backlash coming.

Anyone else think that if Todd or Sav had done what Terry did to the Charlton keeper they'd have been sent off, and the Andy Townsend wouldn't have been laughing about him "doing a Nat Lofthouse"?

356391[/snapback]

Excellent point, it was an awful and unnecessary challenge!

Also I see Jose Moanrinho is now making excuses for his team's performance THIS Saturday against Rovers!

He says Rovers will have an unfair advantage because we only played for 90 minutes, and will have an extra day to recover!

To$$er!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.