BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

I reckon the teams will be: -

DROGBA             

CRESPO

356699[/snapback]

Chelsea never played Drogba and Crespo together from the start, they don't play 4-4-2.

It will probably be Crespo up-front as a booking for Drogba would rule him out of the Man Utd game.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose has just said in his news conference, that Chelsea are expecting a dirty game from Rovers. smile.gif

GED INTO EM! i say.

356753[/snapback]

i hope we absolutly batter them, as long as we finish with 11men, and we havent been thrashed.

Mirror Moan

Funny, I don't recall the referee blowing up for a foul, and he had a pretty clear view of it if I remember correctly. I do remember Makalele throwing MGP to the ground and Terry grabbing Dickov by the throat wink.gif

After Big Club this is the club I really want to beat. The rivalry we've built up with these two during the past year is quite something.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

from the earlier link.........

JOHN TERRY: COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH

Blues skipper keen to put record straight against Rovers

By Martin Lipton

JOHN TERRY last night warned Blackburn that Chelsea's wounded lions will not be "bullied" out of their unbeaten Premiership record tomorrow.

Terry and the rest of Jose Mourinho's Blues were yesterday coming to terms with the rare taste of defeat after their Carling Cup shoot-out exit at the hands of Charlton.

The spot-kick loss came just four days after the champions dropped their first points of the season at Everton, which saw Goodison striker James Beattie claiming his team had shown the way for the rest of the Premiership to follow.

But with Chelsea memories of last February's brutal battle of Ewood Park still fresh, Terry told Beattie that he was speaking nonsense.

He said: "I saw that Beattie said Everton had worked us out and that by battling us and getting among us they were able to equal us and get a result. But if Beattie or anybody else thinks that by coming and battling and trying to bully us they can get anything, the message is clear - we're up for it.

"We can take on anybody in a physical battle and we will win. And then we will get the ball down and play football and we will win that as well."

Terry and his colleagues will not forget the physical intimidation they had to withstand at Ewood Park, when Arjen Robben's season was wrecked by a shocking foul from Aaron Makoena.

The England centre-half himself clashed with David Thompson and Paul Dickov while a series of running skirmishes saw Mourinho's men - who celebrated with a post-match huddle before being ordered by the manager to throw their shirts to their fans - fined by the FA

Fighting talk eh? I understand much of that bravado appeared in Wed nights match programme. Just the sort of stupid comments to wind the the Chelsea nutters up to fever pitch. I wonder what the media reaction would have been if our captain Todd had made similarly aggressive remarks?

Tempting fate perhaps but Robben certainly seems to have lost a certain something since his Ewood injury. Shocking foul by Mokoena?! Rollocks! What about Essiens of last week or Terry's on the keeper? Both were totally pre meditated whilst Mokoena's challenge was neither pre meditated nor was it penalised by a free kick, it was imo simply poorly timed.

Edited by thenodrog

How many tickets have we sold for this game Lee? 500 ish? To be honest i hope less and that will show up the disgraceful ticket prices!

Chels 2-1 Rovers

To be honest, im not really that interested in this game. It wont make 1 bit of difference to our season, whether we win, loose or draw, so im not that bothered. Role on the fixturs against team who havent spent £300m!

Typical drivel from the red tops...if anything it is Rovers who should want to put the record straight against the southern whingers, whom we more than matched in both aggression and football only to miss out by a single goal. It was Moaninho who started the media witch hunt after his side were visibly rattled and as we are only just now beginning to recover from the backlash it would be very appropriate if it was us who ended their unbeaten record.

1-0 either Bellers or MGP

rover.gif a real tough call this game,losing the admiral was a blow and zura did not look too clever as he hobbled off on tuesday.two consecutive games against the top 2,2 points would be great but a win and a loss gives more point's.chelski have drawn there last 2 games,is this a dip in form?double figure odds on the rovers to win.

chelski 1 v 0 rovers

attendance 43,976 tinykit.gif

rover.gif just looked at our team at stamford bridge last season

friedal

neill

matteo

short

gray

emerton

fergie

flitcroft

reid

djorkaeff

dickov

we took a right stuffing that day,just shows how far the hughes revolution has come.still 5 off that days team could figure today,and 3 off the back 5 ohmy.gif suprisingly none off the midfield could start,i had forgot that djorkaeff ever played for us tinykit.gif

If that one happens, he should be getting a drink for everyone at the next BRISA gathering  biggrin.gif .  Maybe even fund the rebuilding of the Riverside.

356837[/snapback]

I funded it with winning some money on the Rovers Return half time draw last Saturday!!

oh and i've always been a bit of a mug ohmy.gif

I hope that we go to Chelsea today and give them a good game. We have been to Old Trafford and won, we went to Anfield, got screwed by the ref and still played well. Although Stamford Bridge is a lot different to these games, we should still be pretty confident, especially off the back of two wins. I think that we should play 4-4-2, show some adventure, but get about them and not give them any time on the ball. A draw would be fantastic, anything more would be unbelievable.

No.  I want Shefki to score and 'mistakenly' land on the obnoxious Terry whilst doing his celebration swan dive.  Well a girl can dream............... ph34r.gif

356875[/snapback]

laugh.gif

An image that will stay with me all day! laugh.gif

sad.gif predict 2-0 chelsea...drogba with 'em both. Hopefully that will mean both his are dissalowed and we get a goal that never crosses the line! wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.