BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Leeds 0

Guessed it was, CK, that's his perogative I suppose, shades of Souness unsure.gif ?

Anyway, being the soft-hearted soul that I am, have to feel sorry for the Leeds supporters remembering what once was................

Then again tongue.gif

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they do.

There are highlights for Huddersfield on the video highlight section. Along with Rovers games in the League Cup for the last few seasons. So I guess later today there will be Leeds highlights there

Edited by greggyk

Anyone know why Friedel was having a go at the fella who I think is the stadium safety officer. Big bloke with a tache & glasses usually near the tunnel at the end of games, the safety officer that is not Friedel. Brad was having a real go at him and pointing towards the Darwen End but couldn't tell what had gone on.

At Half time is was 0-0. Second half we brought on Bellamy, won 3-0 and he set all of the goals up. Surely a balanced report would be to give him the vast majority of the credit?

356098[/snapback]

True. Bellamy deserves the majority of the credit, trouble is at night matches the majority of match reports are written at half-time with the second-half tagged on the last paragraph.

I suppose it comes down to deadlines.

Anyone know why Friedel was having a go at the fella who I think is the stadium safety officer.  Big bloke with a tache & glasses usually near the tunnel at the end of games, the safety officer that is not Friedel.  Brad was having a real go at him and pointing towards the Darwen End but couldn't tell what had gone on.

356137[/snapback]

That sounds like John Newsome ... except for the big bit.

Sav waved at the Leeds fans in a cheeky fashion as he entered the tunnel, which was funny. But then Tugay followed suit ! Could Brad have been pointing out the Tugay vs half the anti-Turkish nutters in Leeds wouldn't be a fair fight ?

Thought Emerton was very ordinary and frustrating until his (deflected) goal. After that he was good. I'd still drop Emerton for the Chelsea game though. He does not possess the quality/confidence to beat any quality defender, and his laid-back attitude will be suicidal against a top class team who will be likely to struggle against anyway.

Not that I particularly dislike the lad or anything, and I really hope he finds his feet, but at the moment I would leave him on the bench and perhaps carry on with Bentley.

I would leave him on the bench and perhaps carry on with Bentley.

356148[/snapback]

I hope not, what have Bentley done since he came? Had one decent game I think. He pulls away from every challange, and will be far to lightweight at the bridge in my opinion...

That sounds like John Newsome ... except for the big bit.

Sav waved at the Leeds fans in a cheeky fashion as he entered the tunnel, which was funny. But then Tugay followed suit ! Could Brad have been pointing out the Tugay vs half the anti-Turkish nutters in Leeds wouldn't be a fair fight ?

356141[/snapback]

Possibly but he seemed to be pretty angry rather than having a bit of banter which is what surprised me.

I hope not, what have Bentley done since he came? Had one decent game I think. He pulls away from every challange, and will be far to lightweight at the bridge in my opinion...

356151[/snapback]

Have to agree there,Bentley,for a player who states he 'needs to feel wanted' rolleyes.gif hasn't exactly impressed to date...I actually think Emerton,as frustrating as he can be, has more to offer.

I was delighted with last nights result. It sounds like we played well, with good performances from Tugay, Neill, Emerton and Bellamy. This should keep the confidence within the team very high, going into the game against Chelsea. I would be inclined to bring Emerton back into the team instead of Bentley, who has done little to impress and justify our hopes in him.

Not seen anybody mention Andy todds missed header from two yards at the back post - did he really close his eyes, soft lad!

We totally dominated the game but just like previous games Kuqi and Dickov dont give us that extra edge that Bellamy does, hopefully another top dollar forward for xmas would make the nation sit tup and take notice of the Rovers.

Poor Brett, when we lose he`s usually the fallguy and when we win its only a lower league team.He played really well with speed,tackling back, crosses and scoring a good goal. He even nearly scored the goal of the season a minute later beating 5 men from our half and having his shot blocked. I thought the whole team was committed from start to finish and poor Leeds were never in the game.Their Burnley duo of Blake and Moore were anonymous and North End`s trio of Gregan, Healy and Lewis late on were ineffectual. A special word too for Neill who was absolutely immense. Hughesy said last week that he was the best right back in the Prem on his day and how he showed it last night. Great nights entertainment.

Poor Brett, when we lose he`s usually the fallguy and when we win its only a lower league team.He played really well  with speed,tackling back, crosses and scoring a good goal. He even nearly scored the goal of the season a minute later beating 5 men from our half and having his shot blocked. I thought the whole team was committed from start to finish and poor Leeds were never in the game.Their Burnley duo of Blake and Moore were anonymous and North End`s trio of Gregan, Healy and Lewis late on were ineffectual. A special word too for Neill who was absolutely immense. Hughesy said last week that he was the best right back in the Prem on his day and how he showed it last night. Great nights entertainment.

356231[/snapback]

Do you not think that if Bret became more direct at goal instead of trying to assist that the fans would view him in a different light.

Hughes and the coaching staff should instill into Bret that when hes running at the defender he doesnt go for the corner flag but for the goals and practice on his finishing, then the goals would come and the praise will follow.

Hughes and the coaching staff should instill into Bret that when hes running at the defender he doesnt go for the corner flag but for the goals and practice on his finishing, then the goals would come and the praise will follow.

356235[/snapback]

If he actually bothered his arse to go to the corner flag he'd get more praise, instead he cuts in, turns round and passes back - thats why he gets grief, hes shown when he gets to the by line that hes very good unfortunately we never see him do it.

I would refer you to Tom Pringles excellent tales of Sir Brett

Just scooted through the press coverage- now we are a one man team- Bellamy Rovers (I'll get that in before the hacks use it).

356058[/snapback]

Makes for a change I suppose.

Here in Norway we've been known as Gamst Pedersen & Co since he broke through into the first team last season. And especially since he scored the goals against Manure.

3-0 flattered us slightly, if anyone had suggested at half time that that would have been the score they'd have been carted off to a padded cell.

It was poor fare until the first goal. After that we improved considerably and everything revolved around Bellamy once he came on. Like Cole when he first joined he looked a level above the rest tonight.

Never seen Tugay go in for as many tackles before. Thought he was excellent whilst Savage seemed to be taking a bit of a breather.

Playing not particularly well, winning 3-0. I can feel another trip to Cardiff coming on.  thumbs-up.gif

Finally an apology to thenodrog, I suggested  at the weekend that Dickov and Kuqi weren't Premiership standard. I was wrong. On last night's evidence they're not even Championship standard. Although Dickov, despite being awful, managed to get on the end of the unmissable chance laid on for him by Bellamy. Guess you'd settle for that every week.  smile.gif

356019[/snapback]

does make you wonder what we could achieve if we had a decent partner for Bellamy, not sure how or where we could find one but thats got to be a consideration for next season

Edited by chris

Have to agree there,Bentley,for a player who states he 'needs to feel wanted' rolleyes.gif hasn't exactly impressed to date...I actually think Emerton,as frustrating as he can be, has more to offer.

356163[/snapback]

thats always an excuse, i think Stead used that "i only need a run of 32 games in the team then i will start scoring more then Shearer did"

Bentley looks poor to me, but its very hard to judge a player at that age, he still looks small and weak.

he would be better off in the "the old div1" and building some confidence rather then back in the deep end at Blackburn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.