BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Leeds 0

Possibly because no-one has bothered to leg it up into the box to receive the ball.........

356252[/snapback]

Exactly, Dickov and Kuqi are poor, so why doesnt Bret go it alone and be the hero, fortune favours the brave. That what i want to see from Bret is him doing it for himself and the team.

He has the potential but that potential isnt being applied properly thus the criticisms.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to mention one or two things that I haven't seen anyone comment on.

Thought MGP had a nightmare in the first half. It seemed every time he touched the ball, things went wrong. Back to 'OK' in the second half, but overall probably the poorest I've seen him play for a while.

Now having said that, I thought the second goal (which MGP had a part in) was a real gem. Lovely one touch stuff, players knowing where the others would be. Reminded me of the third (or was it fourth?) in the WC semi vs Sheff Wed with some one touch stuff down the left to put Duffer free, cross for a Cole tap in. Rev take a bow - your post on the Brum thread you could also post on this one (scary smile.gif ). Bellamy's a class act.

Was Jimmy taken off just for a rest? Hope so, can't say I would look forward to the Axe at CB on Sat. Todd looks fine, and has done since he came back at Lpool.

rover.gif sat in the blackburn end back row for the first time in years,must say i really enjoyed it,i know it was a cup game and a lot off chair jumpers but the blackburn end support seems to have changed from being 90% male,to a 50/50 cut off male/children and women.

as for the game i thought we cruised it,just knowing bellamy was on the bench ready to bounce was enough comfort to put up with a 0-0 score at half time.if we are in mid -table and still in the carling cup come the transfer window surely the club could afford another striker to partner bellers.

it took leeds 81 mins for there 1st shot on goal,they were poor but have promotion as there aim,we have to look at this cup as very winnable and a improvement on last years league position will do for me. tinykit.gif

Yorkshire Derby this season - Leeds, population 500k v Sheffield, population 500k.

Leeds 1 Sheff Utd 1

Crowd 23,000

Lancashire Derby last season - Blackburn, population 105k v Burnley, pop. 90k

Rovers 2 Burnley 1

Crowd 29,000

ENOUGH SAID!! tinykit.gif

356306[/snapback]

Population of leeds is bigger than that as well. dry.gif

Just had an argument with a leeds fan today about how passionate rovers supporters are/arent. Reminded him that our attendance didnt drop 15k and the local rugby leauges teams gate raise by 7k when we were relegated!

Had to post this comment from the Leeds telegraph........

''The trouble was few in Blackburn, a town that has too often been apathetic about its football, shared Hughes' passion for the fixture. There were as many supporters from Yorkshire, but for whose chanting the first half would have been played out in near silence, as there were home fans facing them.''

Sour grapes? laugh.gif

If we are posting requests for the next round, Arsenal home for me.

OK there's a risk of a bunch of 16 year olds turning us over but it would be the ultimate put up or shut up to Rovers supporters to see if we got 31,000 in Ewood at £5 for adults and £1 for kids.

PS with Brum going through, (Tiny og for Norwich incidentally) just have the feeling we are going to draw the BIG CLUB in the last 16. Reading would be a bit of a nightmare draw for any Prem club at this stage of the season.

PPS looking at the surviving clubs, Man U and Arsenal might be looking at the League Cup as their best hope of silverware this season. Of the others, Charlton, Bolton, Rovers, Boro and Newcastle have every right to fancy their chances of winning the Cup.

Edited by philipl

thats always an excuse, i think Stead used that "i only need a run of 32 games in the team then i will start scoring more then Shearer did"

356249[/snapback]

As an aside I went to the Sunderland Arsenal game last night and Stead was poor. He was really lacking in confidence and was too easily shrugged off the ball or lost control.

Sounds like stone island to me. ph34r.gif

356131[/snapback]

ph34r.gif Sure was. I checked their website and there they were! wink.gif

Just wondered, 'cause they looked kinda' homemade.. but Stone Island jackets it was! With burberry caps and some expensive-looking rings. Not making any assumptions...................... thumbs-up.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Just seen a real b'ham classic on the footiemad b'ham site. One of their fans claimed that they took 2,000+ travelling fans to Ewood. Thats some effort, considering they were only allocated 1,700 tickets biggrin.gif

Jeez, dont cha just love big club syndrome laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.