SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay - Who Next?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and an offer of £50 million would probably be enough for Henry - what's your point?

We don't have £4m, and even if we did do you seriously think we'd spend it on a 16 year old??

...seems like we should have..

(Edit- the 16 yr old being discussed back then was Walcott, by the way)

Edited by bluebruce

Dont you think that good passing ability requires good sense then?

intelligence on the pitch isnt always replicated off the pitch.

a few examples of footballers with minimal common sense/intelligence and have done pretty well are:-

jack charlton, george best, gazza, martin keown, jason mcateer, joe cole.

Imo we should be looking for a player like Jagielka.

If we had a strong tough tackling central midfielder who can pass a bit, it would allow greater freedom to either Reid or Savage to get forward.

When you have a defensively weak playmaker in the middle of the park, the other central midfielder is restricted in his forward forays. Why does Benitez play Sissoko alongside Alonso so often? Players like Alonso, Tugay and Arteta are great to watch, when on form, but are also weaknesses in the team if not incorporated properly.

Imo we should be looking for a player like Jagielka.

If we had a strong tough tackling central midfielder who can pass a bit, it would allow greater freedom to either Reid or Savage to get forward.

When you have a defensively weak playmaker in the middle of the park, the other central midfielder is restricted in his forward forays. Why does Benitez play Sissoko alongside Alonso so often? Players like Alonso, Tugay and Arteta are great to watch, when on form, but are also weaknesses in the team if not incorporated properly.

Savage is a player like that. Giving Savage license to go forward and putting the work onto somebody else's shoulders would pretty much negate the point of having him in the team. Reid should be a little more capable of this though. But I'd prefer a genuine attacking player or creative playmaker.

reading are supposed to be going for freddy adu he could be an option considering that nelsen also came from dc united, put in a good word. he looks like a great talent and we could play him just behind the strikers in an attacking midfield role.

Edited by pick32

I think you're right Cheshireblue, hopefully he'll recover quickly recover from his current calf injury (three weeks out).I wonder how much they will want in January seeing as they wanted £3m last month?

Bloody hell, he's injured AGAIN? Let's forget this. He's a crock. We should only take him on a free in the summer, with pay as you play wages, or not at all.

Alexander Tettey of Rosenborg!!

Only 21 years old and when I saw him play for Rosenborg a couple of months back his movement and passing were first class!

I know the Norwegians on this board all hate Rosenborg and so have a tendency to diss anything to do with them but Tettey keeps geting MOM awards week after week, and they are, ahem, currently top of the Norwegian premiership which means he'll be playing Champions League next year...!

Anyway, I think he's defiitely worth a trial or something!

Alexander Tettey of Rosenborg!!

"...and they are, ahem, currently top of the Norwegian premiership which means he'll be playing Champions League next year...!"

Anyway, I think he's defiitely worth a trial or something!

Nothing new in that... Rosenborg has won something like 11 out of the last 12 seasons... :o

And they have done quite well in the CL in the past - for example beating Real Madrid (before Real went down hill)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.