BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

I cannot remember the saying 100% but I think it goes something like "if you purchase relegation players you can expect to get relegated"

All I am saying is that there is a reason why the team has been playing so poorly, and buying up a load of the squad is not likely to improve anybody's team. I think Alan Smith can attest to this, though I thought everybody knew he was rubbish before United signed him up.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very good players have been relegated from the prem. I'm sure you could make an excellent first XI. I'll make a start, not too sure about the defence but open to suggestions.

Friedel

x

Upson

x

x

Pennant

Cole

Dunn

Duff

Defoe

Bellers

subs Jansen, Sinclair, James(gk)

Bellers has been through a relegation as has duffer and Joe Cole. I take it you are saying they must be rubbish as well then

404079[/snapback]

I'm saying mostly that we shouldn't be lining up to purchase half the squad. I take it that all three of the players you have mentioed are not from the same relegated squad.

As much as I dislike the guy, Stuart Pearce would do a job at left back in your relegation xi. BTW Ricky, can't remember Friedel being relegated.........

The wonderful world of Steve Bruce.....

Transfers:

Transfers fees paid: £38,650,000

Transfers fees received: £10,450,000

= - £28,200,000

Interesting Moves:

Out:

Andy Johnson, a mere £750,000 - scored 71 goals in 129 games and earned an England call up.

In:

Emile Heskey: £6,250,000

Martin 'Tiny' Taylor: £1,250,000

Luciano Figueroa: £3,000,000 - didnt play a single game

Robbie Blake: £1,250,000 - played 2 games, at a cost of £625,00 per game

Jesper Gronkjaer: £2,250,000 - played just 13 games, at a cost of £171,153 per game

Walter Pandiani:  £3,000,000 - played just 20 games; at a cost £150,000 per game

''Success'':

2001/02:    Promoted from 1st division via play offs.

2002/03      13th Prem

2003/04      10th Prem

2004/05      12th Prem

2005/06      18th Prem, going down.

396633[/snapback]

Seeing 'Big club' go down. PRICELESS !! laugh.gif

Moral dilemma for you all:

Next year, when The Dingles are at St Andrews & Brum are at Turf Moor, who will you want to lose?

Easy. 6points for Brum every time. thumbs-up.gif

Sullivan in public showing of soiled laundry shocker. Good lord, the pair of dildo floggers love making a public specticle. They can't help but blab in public. I'm glad JW is more professional.

Anyway, Steve Bruce for England !. He may be unemployed soon, so no compensation.

404051[/snapback]

I take it that you are another one who dislikes the England team then unsure.gif

Some very good players have been relegated from the prem. I'm sure you could make an excellent first XI. I'll make a start, not too sure about the defence but open to suggestions.

Friedel

x

Upson

x

x

Pennant

Cole

Dunn

Duff

Defoe

Bellers

subs Jansen, Sinclair, James(gk)

404079[/snapback]

Juninho?

"I won't name players individually but some players haven't done as well as you would have hoped for the money," said Sullivan. "Players are not going to say sorry because, by their nature, they believe in themselves. I think they are quite arrogant people. They will blame everybody but themselves, as everybody will, I suppose. I'll blame somebody, the manager will blame somebody. The reality is we are all partly responsible."

hmmm pot calling the kettle black me thinks

Haha just read that sutton was on £45'000 per week, and that his stint at Big Club cost them over £1m.

Didn't think i would say this but thank you Chris!

404634[/snapback]

'fat head's' son is on £5,500 a wk. sullivan is used to getting shafted though! (money wise i mean wink.gif )

I take it that you are another one who dislikes the England team then unsure.gif

404110[/snapback]

I am English, but I can't stand McClaren as a manager. He is so average. Boro illicit a mumble and a shrug of the shoulders when a neutral is asked what they think of them. They could have saved the English fans (and Scottish fans) the hassle of the stupid interviews over many months and given it to him after Sven's announcement of leaving.

If they were not going for the best, they should have signed up a sh_t English manager like Peter Reid, Mick McCarthy, Steve Bruce or Stan Ternant to stick two fingers up at the xenophobes.

I am English, but I can't stand McClaren as a manager. He is so average. Boro illicit a mumble and a shrug of the shoulders when a neutral is asked what they think of them. They could have saved the English fans (and Scottish fans) the hassle of the stupid interviews over many months and given it to him after Sven's announcement of leaving.

If they were not going for the best, they should have signed up a sh_t English manager like Peter Reid, Mick McCarthy, Steve Bruce or Stan Ternant to stick two fingers up at the xenophobes.

404907[/snapback]

you're right billy! i dont know if i could bring myself to watch his england team. hoping sky bring out a sussesor to 'sky plus' (that automatically edits out mccs 'staged' interviews and 'match cut -aways' of him sucking on his pen!).

all the brown -nosing of lampard etc.. has already got on my breasts and i'm boycotting watching SSNEWS tonight. (bet the city and arsenal pre/ post is full of it an all).

i predict a 'pearce- style' honeymoon for 2-3 games and then revert to either sven/ taylor performances and results.

the most telling thing of all is the reaction of the middlesborough fans, they can not believe their luck!

Edited by pleasure

Sullivan:

"While we are all very disappointed at relegation, maybe a season winning games might get everybody excited again and bring back the atmosphere at the ground.

"All is not lost. "There could be fun times at St Andrews, we could be scoring a lot more goals, we could be playing exciting football."

Hahaha smile.gif Ya you go ahead and score the goals! Exciting times ahead for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.