SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just read this on the Guardian transfer rumours page (Which is very good by the way):

With West Ham, Newcastle and Chelsea all buzzing around Matthew Upson like flies around a corpse, Birmingham City chairman David Gold has promised manager Steve Bruce that he'll do everything in his power to hold on to the centre-half, no matter how much money is offered. "We will do anything we can to keep him," he yawped barbarically, beating off yet another suitor with one of those giant rubber dildos with which he made his fortune.

Just read this on the Guardian transfer rumours page (Which is very good by the way):

With West Ham, Newcastle and Chelsea all buzzing around Matthew Upson like flies around a corpse, Birmingham City chairman David Gold has promised manager Steve Bruce that he'll do everything in his power to hold on to the centre-half, no matter how much money is offered. "We will do anything we can to keep him," he yawped barbarically, beating off yet another suitor with one of those giant rubber dildos with which he made his fortune.

Credit where credits due. They have done well in selling off their 'surplus' big wage earners for big money whilst still managing to push hard for promotion.

Edited by thenodrog

• 3 weeks later...

I loved these two quotes!

* "Compare our attendances this season to Derby, Sunderland or even Norwich, and you have to question whether Birmingham supporters really deserve promotion" - Birmingham co-owner David Sullivan paves the way for the club's lowest attendance of the season in his programme notes for Sunday's game against Stoke.

* "Stephen Clemence has been carrying an injury. What am I supposed to do? Wave a placard saying Clemence has got a knock? I think I deserve a bit more respect than that after what I've done here in 5½ years. The expectations here are quite unbelievable" - Steve Bruce responds, belatedly, to chants of 'You don't know what you're doing' during the match. What a happy club they sound!

Source: The Quotes of the Week

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.