BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

Interesting stats Ricky.

I was looking at it a different way and coming to a similar conclusion. Villa, Fulham, Everton and West Brom are grouped together just above the relegation places. They've all got around 20 points at the half way stage of the campaign which suggests 17th place and survival could well be around 40 points this season following the last two seaon's survival number being around the mid-30s.

On that basis BIG CLUB need 27 points from the next 19 games- double their current haul- or 7 wins and 6 draws from the next 19 games.

Possible but unlikely with their current squad plus injuries and Jarosik rumoured to want away back to Chelsea or somewhere better on loan.

Edited by philipl

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didums

372287[/snapback]

It's amazing the guy can't get a striker who scores goals to save his job/life (delete as wanted).

Yet only 4 years ago he let one of the best pure finishers in england go for just £750k.

Good judge of player? Boing Boing Brummies laugh.gif Going Down, Going Down!!!

Fantastic! I want to quote that whole paragraph for both truth and for archival purposes.

Yesterday, Birmingham - my favourite club, full of my favourite people - tried it too, telling the press they'd offered us £6.5m for Johnson. David Sullivan told the Press Association: "We've been told that Andrew Johnson is not for sale. Their view is that they are going for promotion and wouldn't look at selling him until the summer at least." It's just stunning. Let's be clear about this. Birmingham have not spoken to anyone senior at Palace, haven't made a bid, haven't made an enquiry. They haven't been told we'll sell him in the summer - they haven't been told anything. Sullivan has misled the press, his fans and ours, all - I'm guessing - in a sad attempt to make Birmingham look ambitious. It sums up the club - and its owners' routinely ridiculous conduct.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/...1681617,00.html

Brill-i-ant!!!

A Brucey Bonus or 3

This is an awful comment, tut tut feeding off others misfortune "We always know there might be a row, a fight or a fall-out or someone wants to generate a bit of money. If that's the case, we'll have a look." (Maybe Rob Earnshaw) so i reckon we should have a massive public falling out with amo because he wants to join a bigger club and wait for them to swoop!

On the bigger club note bruce also said "I'm not just going to bring in people who won't improve us and usually the big clubs, the better clubs, don't let their best players go." so either bruce wants rooney and duff or he's admitting brum are a smaller club than most of those above them.

Oh happy days! How many game til bruce gets sacked? thumbs-up.gif

"I'm not just going to bring in people who won't improve us and usually the big clubs, the better clubs, don't let their best players go."

372791[/snapback]

Wonder if that includes Andy Johnson, who was a makeweight for the collosus that is Clinton Morrison, and they are now trying to buy back ?.

Oh happy days! How many game til bruce gets sacked?  thumbs-up.gif

372791[/snapback]

Careful what you wish for - I get the feeling that failure for Bruce will enhance the chances of Mark Hughes joining Man Utd in some capacity fairly soon.

Careful what you wish for - I get the feeling that failure for Bruce will enhance the chances of Mark Hughes joining Man Utd in some capacity fairly soon.

372843[/snapback]

I don't see the correlation but I am interested to hear why you should think that.

I think (Or is that hope?) that the Glaziers wouldn't touch Hughes.

It would send no shockwaves through europe/or the world, and would gain Man Utd very little publicity anywhere bar Britain.

However, your big name foreign coach attracts interest from everywhere, and really sends a message to Utds rivals throughout europe, giving Utd a financial boost thanks to interest from lets say Korea, Holland, Australia, Spain? Who has managed in all those countries, and been successful in every one of them?

Why it's Utds next manager (Imo)... Guus Hiddink!!

372843[/snapback]

I have been convinced by the members who say manyoo will go for a big foreign name. As shillito says they wouldn't get much coverage on him (unless he wins both cups with rovers). There have been big names on the world scene being linked with the job.

I would hate to lose hughes, but i can't see how Bruce's lack of managerial skills make Hughes a bigger target, when there are other bigger names out there! and if all else fails they could always go for souness! tongue.gif

Edited by modes98

I think (Or is that hope?) that the Glaziers wouldn't touch Hughes.

It would send no shockwaves through europe/or the world, and would gain Man Utd very little publicity anywhere bar Britain.

However, your big name foreign coach attracts interest from everywhere, and really sends a message to Utds rivals throughout europe, giving Utd a financial boost thanks to interest from lets say Korea, Holland, Australia, Spain? Who has managed in all those countries, and been successful in every one of them?

Why it's Utds next manager (Imo)... Guus Hiddink!!

372851[/snapback]

I can see this being the case. Hughes would be good at Man Utd, but the Glazers would want Capello, Hitzfeld, Hiddink etc.

Hughes will probably carry on at Blackburn for a fair few years yet. The only threat is if he has a lapse of sanity and joins the Newcastle circus.

I don't see the correlation but I am interested to hear why you should think that.

372844[/snapback]

I was thinking that a successful season or two from Hughes might mean he gets earmarked as Ferguson's successor-in-waiting -- a position that could otherwise go to another ex-United hero such as Bruce or McLaren.

The more the latter two become bogged down and embittered by their years of full-time club management, the more chance United will be interested in a fresh face with international experience.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.