BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

Good article that.

Its like catchphrase, say what you see, no bullshit, just the cold truth

372704[/snapback]

Hmm.......... seem to recall some not appreciating the same "say what you see" approach for the local paper. wink.gif

Excellent article from Jordan though. The RFW has been a past master of letting his interest in transfer targets be known through the media. Houllier and Liverpool tried it on as well with a non stop barrage of publicity about their supposed interest in Duff, and supposedly being prepared (derisory) bids.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that a successful season or two from Hughes might mean he gets earmarked as Ferguson's successor-in-waiting -- a position that could otherwise go to another ex-United hero such as Bruce or McLaren.

372890[/snapback]

Oooo............ Mclaren at ManUre, yes please!

The evil empire would crumble to dust faster than Glazer's loan interest is accumulating.

Sadly for the rest of the Country, can't see it happening. We're likely to stagger on from an ineffectual Swede to an ineffectual Englishman as figurehead of our national side.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I was thinking that a successful season or two from Hughes might mean he gets earmarked as Ferguson's successor-in-waiting -- a position that could otherwise go to another ex-United hero such as Bruce or McLaren.

372890[/snapback]

I can't see it meself.

Manchester United have gone from being a club solidly built on legends and very good homegrown talent - Charlton, Kidd, Pallister, Cantona, Beckham, Scholes etc - to a club propped up with foreign wasters with little talent or false intentions - Veron, Forlan, Ronaldo, Park Ji Sung, Heinze, Bellion etc etc etc. The grounds on which we were all once so jealous of Man United have since faded away and replaced with the sweet taste of mockery.

United have also bought two more Johnny Foreigners today.

The Glaziers will undoubtedly play their part in prolonging their misery, and will compound it by appointing a foreign manager as Alex Ferguson's successor. There next manager WILL be a foreigner unless Mark Hughes qualifies Rovers for the Champions League, or wins the FA Cup and League Cup in one season, or achieves something of equally inprobable magnitude.

With West Brom's win away today at Wigan(and a game at home to Sunderland next for them), that leaves Brum 6 points from safety. Next for Brum is Pompey at home, if they fail to win that then its pretty certain that Brum are going down. Especially with Liverpool and Arsenal next to come for that big team from birmingham.

Happy days smile.gif

Indeed Greggy. That Wigan result was probably warmly welcomed at Ewood as well.

Just seen that when Brum are tackling 'arry's allsorts, Boro are entertaining Wigan and the Baggies are home to Sunderland. BIG CLUB could well be 9 points and goal difference away from safety this time next week.

And then, as you say, they play Liverpool and Arsenal....

Ho hum.

Next for Brum is Pompey at home, if they fail to win that then its pretty certain that Brum are going down.

374830[/snapback]

I would agree with that, but i don't think a pompey win is any more likely than it was before the transfer window opened. Pompey need to get there new signings up to speed quickly so they can beat brum and then basically put them on the verge of going down. As Harry found out yesterday, you can't just spend money on better players and expect them to fit in straight away.

Come on the pompey!

I've a sneaky feeling that Boro might be the suprise relegation package this season. ... Boro are well short on defenders and team spirit.

374909[/snapback]

Good Point.. with yesterdays goal difference alone, this could cause problems for them, come end of season.

Edited by AussieinUk

Oh what a conundrum.

Heskey is having his knee X-rayed and could be out for the season, Bruce really really wants Lovenkrands but he's somebody else's so he is humming and hawing about whether to spend ALL his £1.5m BIG transfer budget on Euell who hasn't started a game yet this season because of injuries.

Meanwhilst Euell who had expected to be agreeing personal terms and signing for BIG CLUB has started talking to Steve McLaren.

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap at a bigger club... tongue.gif

Edited by philipl

I've a sneaky feeling that Boro might be the suprise relegation package this season.  Arry and his new bunce should see Pompey safe, West Brom are used to scrapping for survival and Boro are well short on defenders and team spirit.

374909[/snapback]

the three boro fans i'm good mates with agree with you. They reckond they'll have good Uefa/ Fa cup runs and then end up relegated on the last day. could yet come true!

It's really not looking good for the big club.

Boro will stay up they've got a heck of a lot of talent and have put on some stunning displays this season, against United and Arsenal for example, as well as some shocking ones like the more recent Arsenal game. Also if they get their injuries sorted it could help a fair bit too.

Brum don't have the potential imo to produce such performances. If they do there's been no evidence of it this season.

I really though WBA were going to get relegated but they too have started putting in some good performances recently Spurs and Wigan amongst them. As for Pompey they've got enough cash to see them through. Woryingly for Bruce he needs at least 2 of the three teams mentioned to have a slump in form.

The chances of that happening are very slim indeed biggrin.gif

It's really not looking good for the big club.

Boro will stay up they've got a heck of a lot of talent and have put on some stunning displays this season, against United and Arsenal for example,

375459[/snapback]

I saw the Boro v Arse game at the riverside earlier in the season on the tele. Let me tell you that that was no stunning display at all! The arse should have scored 6 that day! Boro simplyn used up half a seasons luck in one game.

Brucey might have bought himself some extra time with that win last night, i think had they gone out last night, Gold & Sullivan and that bitch Brady might have brought the axe down on his head.

It just wouldn't have been right if a "big club" like Birmingham had lost to Torquay would it, lol.

Shame the Gulls didn't beat B'ham, i would have loved to have seen Sutton's face.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.