BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bbe Top Tier Shut

I noticed the Bburn end top tier was shut at last night's game v leeds. I reckon that this should be permanent policy for all games including prem games. I realise that it can't be done this season due to season ticket holders in there, but would suggest that the family area could exist in future in the jack walker upper bburn end side. i was sat in the rivreside v leeds and although there were only 15000 on it felt more compact. the bburn end upper could then just be opened when needed. part of the buzz about going to football is feeling surrounded by supporters and at the moment we just seem spread out all over ewood. this may help to enhance the atmosphere (allied with the removal of the drummer) when the ground isn't full.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC R5 reporter at Ewood last night commented on the good atmosphere generated by the crowd. Can't remember the last time I heard that.

356099[/snapback]

I think if you asked Sullivan (Leeds Keeper) about the atmosphere the drummer created everytime he took a goal kick he'd say it was pretty good laugh.gif

I noticed the Bburn end top tier was shut at last night's game v leeds. I reckon that this should be permanent policy for all games including prem games. I realise that it can't be done this season due to season ticket holders in there, but would suggest that the family area could exist in future in the jack walker upper bburn end side. i was sat in the rivreside v leeds and although there were only 15000 on it felt more compact. the bburn end upper could then just be opened when needed. part of the buzz about going to football is feeling surrounded by supporters and at the moment we just seem spread out all over ewood. this may help to enhance the atmosphere (allied with the removal of the drummer) when the ground isn't full.

356089[/snapback]

How about replacing the top tier with a concrete cantilever and chucking out the lower tier seats? laugh.gif

How about replacing the top tier with a concrete cantilever and chucking out the lower tier seats? laugh.gif

356103[/snapback]

That'd be heaven, stood under the old bbend. Also, it may be defeatist if our short term aim is to have the ground full. It really isn't going to happen any time soon, so in the meantime lets have a place where people get a buzz of an atmosphere around the pitch. The upper tier can be open if/when needed.

Having to shut home areas because we cannot fill them is NOT a positive step.

Looking at An empty Darwen end upper tier for 80% of games per season is bad enough!!

356120[/snapback]

[/quo

I'd still rather shut areas of ground if it means a better atmos. If we are to have crowds of 20000, it makes sense to have them together and closer to the pitch. I wasn't suggesting we shut the BBE upper permanently - just open it when needed.

I think if you asked Sullivan (Leeds Keeper) about the atmosphere the drummer created everytime he took a goal kick he'd say it was pretty good  laugh.gif

356101[/snapback]

I thought that was the most childish and petty things I`d seen all season at football. Hilarious, esp when he put one out of touch, and drummer man pointed to his drum as if to say "Hey, my drum made that happen"

First class.

blink.gif

No way should the Blackburn end upper tier be closed, what Rovers need is some enthusiastic positive parents to take their kids and make some noise.

I think the Blackburn end along with other home areas should be dressed up with Rovers banners etc,. The Blackburn end should be a symbol for all who visit, that this is Blackburn and the Blackburn end makes its mark by expressing itself to visitors and all.

No way should the Blackburn end upper tier be closed, what Rovers need is some enthusiastic positive parents to take their kids and make some noise. 

I think the Blackburn end along with other home areas should be dressed up with Rovers banners etc,. The Blackburn end should be a symbol for all who visit, that this is Blackburn and the Blackburn end makes its mark by expressing itself to visitors and all.

356160[/snapback]

The reminds me. If somebody with an ST in the BBE Upper doesn't mind the hastle of looking after it, then brfcs.com ownes a nice B R F C cross of St George that could be draped over the big blue empty hording where McDonalds used to be.

Mushy and Oklahoma took it to the world cup, Ste and JPW took it to Germany for the Pre-Seasons, I've taken it to Bray, Cardiff and Turkey. It's kinda silly it's never been out at Blackburn smile.gif

.....but would suggest that the family area could exist in future in the jack walker upper bburn end side.

356089[/snapback]

Interesting idea and I can see some benefit to having the stands more densly packed. We've been thinking about a move out of the Family Stand into the BBE or JW and have used the cup games to try this out. I favour the JW for the view.

After trying both stands I've decided against both because, and I'm not asking for a change or criticising anyone:

1. the concourses of the JW and BBE are packed and reek of beer and cigarettes. I don't want to go in there at HT.

2. it already takes 15-20 minutes to get served on the concourse in the FS and last night it wasn't even worth trying in the JW.

So if the family area is moved I'd ask the club to ban smoking in the JW, increase the concourse capacity and provide more opportunities to buy a drink.

Great view though smile.gif

The reminds me. If somebody with an ST in the BBE Upper doesn't mind the hastle of looking after it, then brfcs.com ownes a nice B R F C cross of St George that could be draped over the big blue empty hording where McDonalds used to be.

Mushy and Oklahoma took it to the world cup, Ste and JPW took it to Germany for the Pre-Seasons, I've taken it to Bray, Cardiff and Turkey. It's kinda silly it's never been out at Blackburn smile.gif

356168[/snapback]

Sorry but i'm in the Riverside, but you get the picture all that grey interior can be transformed into blue and white, plus anything else like the nationality flags of every player representing Rovers - surely that would look good to the overseas viewer.

Anything other than that dull uninspiring interior grey paint, Ewood should be a gallery of colour linked to the club and other nationalities.

On a similar note, I have often thought that it would be worth spending a few grand on a top quality TV gantry above the Riverside stand.

The TV pictures would then be of the 3 best stands and give a much better impression of Ewood to all watching.

Surely this could only have a positive impact.

On a similar note, I have often thought that it would be worth spending a few grand on a top quality TV gantry above the Riverside stand.

The TV pictures would then be of the 3 best stands and give a much better impression of Ewood to all watching.

356193[/snapback]

I don't think I'm breaking any confidences when I say that the club has at least looked into this.

Not sure what came of it though.

Interesting idea and I can see some benefit to having the stands more densly packed. We've been thinking about a move out of the Family Stand into the BBE or JW and have used the cup games to try this out. I favour the JW for the view.

After trying both stands I've decided against both because, and I'm not asking for a change or criticising anyone:

1.  the concourses of the JW and BBE are packed and reek of beer and cigarettes. I don't want to go in there at HT.

2. it already takes 15-20 minutes to get served on the concourse in the FS and last night it wasn't even worth trying in the JW.

So if the family area is moved I'd ask the club to ban smoking in the JW, increase the concourse capacity and provide more opportunities to buy a drink.

Great view though  smile.gif

356173[/snapback]

Thanks for the reasoned reply (rather than jumping up all defensively). LIke i said, it was a suggestion. I just feel that when you look arond the prem at grounds whose capacity is smaller than ours, yet virtually full (eg Portsmouth), the atmosphere is good. AT PRESENT we have a stadium which is too big and I think fans/players etc MAY benefit from a better atmosphere generated from areas, closer to the pitch, being fuller. Maybe.......maybe not.

356193[/snapback]

That would be a great idea...no surprise it never happened. Why do something when the going is good if you can wait until attending numbers decline then blame the customers for not coming back, poor business sense anywhere but in the football world? Muppets are in charge of the game and have been for a long time. Football is a professional sport...shame it has so often (and I'm going back to Victorian times here) been run by amateurs.

Totally agree about the concourses being too small after being in the Blackburn end last night, the concourses remind me of the mall shopping centre, alright when your on your own, but come saturday afternoon and the shoppers increase in numbers it becomes a clostrophobic night mare.

Agree with the ground being to big at the moment, but if we want to be positive about Rovers future then surely its too small if dreams are to be fullfilled.

Does anyone know why the BBE upper tier was chosen in the first place as the family stand? I would have thought that was a bad idea all along seeing as the BBE is the most popular stand anyway they could have put the family section in a less popular area with the conditions suggested by Paul above.

Does anyone know why the BBE upper tier was chosen in the first place as the family stand?

356240[/snapback]

I'm guessing here........and thinking back ten years or more

1. Couldn't put it in the JW as these are the prime seats, highest prices etc.

2. Couldn't go in the Riverside - no facilities, old stand

3. Couldn't go in the Darwen End - away support problem

4. Couldn't go in the BBE - for obviouis reasons biggrin.gif

5. Wanted to give families nice, new stand to help sell tickets

Solution - upper tier BBE

Some very interesting points raised here from a marketing perspective, its often the little things that count. The TV gantry idea is wonderful, I believe that would raise or stature amongst supporters of other clubs or those just beginning to gain an interest in football. I think one of the london clubs moved theirs for a season once when they were building so as not to show the ground up in front of the cameras.

The draping of flags over empty areas is standard in Germany, especially ten years ago when a lot of the (older, many now demolished/updated) groundswere only half full, and some of the traditionally bigger clubs had been relegated.

Very poor concourses-Old Trafford

Very Very Good Concourse-JJB Stadium.

Needs demolishing Concourse-Goodison Park.

356255[/snapback]

Elland Rd has probably the best and worst concourses i've seen premiership football at - The family stand is magnificent, the away corner is like a concrete car park stairwell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.