BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bbe Top Tier Shut

I dunno about anyone else, but i saw more asians at Ewood for the b'ham game then ive ever seen before. Whole families dressed up in the blue and white were at the match, which shows that the club is progressing on that front, but obviously we gota long way to go. Further development from this is needed, not a seperate stand!

356751[/snapback]

In the Darwen end I`d say it was a 65/35 white/Asian split. And it has been on the increase for some time time too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of Rovers attracting more asian fans to Ewood...i was in an asian owned pizza shop the other week & they had some 'free' asian newspapers on the counter (i forget the name of the paper). This paper had quite a large asian football section which was sponsored by Rovers tinykit.gif

There was also alot of BRFC advertisements throughout the rag, about season tickets & matchday offers etc....

Segregation of asian rovers fans? Like apartheid? My god...

The only way to combat racism is to ignore colour full stop - anti racism campaigns, however well intentioned tend to be racist themselves.

The advert that was played at Ewood recently ("When you are sick, you are green, etc") can easily be construed as racist itself.

Can't stand all this do gooding nonsense. I don't see how anyone can expect racism to disapear easily, but if we educate people that skin colour is irelevant, rather than forcing people to 'make an effort' with those of another colour culture will change eventually.

The only way to combat racism is to ignore colour full stop - anti racism campaigns, however well intentioned tend to be racist themselves.

The advert that was played at Ewood recently ("When you are sick, you are green, etc") can easily be construed as racist itself.

Can't stand all this do gooding nonsense. I don't see how anyone can expect racism to disapear easily, but if we educate people that skin colour is irelevant, rather than forcing people to 'make an effort' with those of another colour culture will change eventually.

357568[/snapback]

Yeah, i didnt like that advert that was played at Ewood. It wasnt that i was offended, cos i dont get bothered about that kinda thing, it was just at the time, i thought to myself, there are so many more postive ways of promoting anti-racism. Instead of concentrating on the actual people who are racist, it just sterotyped the whole white race into 1 category, despite the fact ive never uttered a racist comment in my life.

357568[/snapback]

WHAT A LOAD OF BS!!!!!(NOT AIMED AT YOU FFBERRY)

IT WOULD SET THE CLUB BACK YEARS IF WE GAVE AN "ASIAN" END ONLY...WERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE ,RASTAS IN THE JACK WALKER,AFRICANS IN THE DARWEN END ,UNBELIEVABLE,

THERE WOULD THEN BE OBJECTIONS TO US BEING CALLED "BLACK"BURN AND THERE WOULD DEFO BE OJECTIONS TO SINGING BLUE AND "WHITE " ARMY.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.