Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton Away

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D.W

Check out BRASIL

(Blackburn Rovers Away Support In London or London Branch)

there used to be a website and fanzine/newsletter 'Many Miles From Home'.

The BRISA website might soon be useful for guidance on organising cells or meets of distant (or local, depending upon location!) Rovers fans.

NB BRISA Steering Committee members - are you being inclusive or exclusive now it's up and running?

Edited by Billinge End Blue

NB BRISA Steering Committee members - are you being inclusive or exclusive now it's up and running?

358543[/snapback]

What do you think?

BRISA ceases to be worthwhile if it isnt inclusive of ALL members. The distant Rovers thing you mention is something people are currently working on.

Anyone still worried about this game after today?  huh.gif

358690[/snapback]

More reason to be worried Rev. Was it a couple of years ago we went to Brum and won 4-0 in the league. Then a few weeks later we returned in the Cup and lost 4-0. I thought Charlton were one of the better sides we've played this year - suppose it says something about us these days smile.gif . Then again maybe I'm just a born pessimist.

If we had knocked Chelsea out in the last round, we'd be approaching this match like supermen.

Yesterday will be no guide to the game at the Valley where we have had a horrible record ever since the famous 4-3 win in the late '50s.

how come Charlton have Student tickets available for home fans, yet we dont!! sad.gif

check official site

358961[/snapback]

They dont Greggy.

Do you have a link?

The pricing for this looks pretty simple according to their website £15, £10, £5. ADults, Seniors, Children.

Charlton dont do Student prices as a general rule do they?

I'm thinking I might go to this game. Is it difficult to get to the Valley?

358976[/snapback]

Yeah, it's really tricky.

If you manage to get past all the Revolting Frenchmen who are ripping up your country of residence, you'll have to choose between 5 international airports and a Eurostar Terminal.

Once you've made it that far, you'll find that Charlton play in London, which (amazingly) is flush with public transport opportunities - you can choose between overland rail (recommended for this one), bus, taxi, tube and even riverboat. None of these options are currently being incinerated by the locals.

If all that fails, you can walk from London City Airport - about 45 mins via a tunnel under the Thames.

Eddie, for one of such wealth and intelligence, I struggle to understand why you even asked the question. Surely you can just get your driver to drop you off? And even if you can't, surely the question you asked is utterly stupid and needless for anyone who can read a map and use google.

I've been reading this site for 9 years, and you are the biggest load of bullsh!t ever to visit. What happened to the place at the Sorbonne? The university course in the USA? Cricket scholarship in the West Indies?

Playing footy with / against PSG players? Lance Armstrong wristbands for several site members? Wanting to play in the 5-a-side tournament in Blackburn (final game of last season)? Have you made it to Guildford Uni for the law course yet??

With all those offers and accolades, you don't really need to be asking us lot for directions to Charlton's ground. However, I'll be the first person to buy you a pint in the Antigallican (what an appropriate name in the circumstances) if you do show up.

It would be a small triumph for diplomacy, and I'd get your autograph for thenodrog.

Ouch. Don't know where to start with that really, sorry I've offended you.

I have started my law course, I'm just on reading week at the moment which is why I'm back in Paris, but when I go to the Charlton game I'll be going from Guildford, didn't know it was a problem to use this site to just ask if it was a difficult ground to get to. The cricket in the West Indies was put on hold as I decided to study law, I might do it after my course finishes, but for now I'm just playing cricket in England and trying to get my degree.

I'm sorry if you were one of those who I let down with the Livestrong wristbands, I can't remember if you were, but that wasn't something I had meant to do. Trust me, losing that amount of money wasn't really in the plan, and I apologise as I know a few of the board members were looking forward to getting them and I had come up with a solution and they then had to look for other means. I did play football with and against PSG players while I lived in France, now I'm in England I still play but I find it difficult to play as often as I used to, I know I had offered to play for the London Branch in the 5 a side tournament at the end of last season but it turned out that I was unable to get to the game in the end and so couldn't play. I'm really sorry about that but I would actually like to try and do it this year as I will be in England, which makes it a lot easier.

I hope none of you take my comments on the thread in ICBINF too seriously when it comes to my wealth, youth or intelligence. I'm simply saying some of those things because it seems to be the only thing TND can say against certain political and social views, it's not done particularly seriously.

Sorry for the bullshit tris, see you at the game.

Ouch. Don't know where to start with that really, sorry I've offended you.

I have started my law course, I'm just on reading week at the moment which is why I'm back in Paris, but when I go to the Charlton game I'll be going from Guildford, didn't know it was a problem to use this site to just ask if it was a difficult ground to get to. The cricket in the West Indies was put on hold as I decided to study law, I might do it after my course finishes, but for now I'm just playing cricket in England and trying to get my degree.

I'm sorry if you were one of those who I let down with the Livestrong wristbands, I can't remember if you were, but that wasn't something I had meant to do. Trust me, losing that amount of money wasn't really in the plan, and I apologise as I know a few of the board members were looking forward to getting them and I had come up with a solution and they then had to look for other means. I did play football with and against PSG players while I lived in France, now I'm in England I still play but I find it difficult to play as often as I used to, I know I had offered to play for the London Branch in the 5 a side tournament at the end of last season but it turned out that I was unable to get to the game in the end and so couldn't play. I'm really sorry about that but I would actually like to try and do it this year as I will be in England, which makes it a lot easier.

I hope none of you take my comments on the thread in ICBINF too seriously when it comes to my wealth, youth  or intelligence. I'm simply saying some of those things because it seems to be the only thing TND can say against certain political and social views, it's not done particularly seriously.

Sorry for the bullshit tris, see you at the game.

358992[/snapback]

Eddie - you haven't offended me in any way. I just chose to point out a couple of inconsistencies.

When you're back in Guildford, and if you're not getting much footy, you might want to consider playing for the London Branch 11 a side team. We're looking for a bit of quality right now. The club are good enough to supply us with a full kit each season, and the league is a supporters league and very good natured (today we played Plymouth).

Look forward to meeting you at Charlton.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.