BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel

As expected, weeks and weeks of mediocre performances are instantly trumped by one decent performance for the chosen ones - Brad'n'Bert; whereas yet another excellent performance by Dickov goes largely unremarked, failing to dispel the received wisdom that he is crap.

Brad is paid to make saves in a game, lets hope he keeps doing that and throws in a few "how did he get to that"'s to make up for the howlers.

358734[/snapback]

What a thoroughly pathetic post from someone desperately trying to defend his point of view.

Brad today did exactly what you accused him of not being able to do anymore - he made two or three top class saves that eventually won the game for us.

At least Rev had the decency to admit that Friedel had a good game today. You, on the other hand, just showed how blinkered you are.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a thoroughly pathetic post from someone desperately trying to defend his point of view. 

358762[/snapback]

While I have nothing but admiration for you stepping up to the plate on BRISA, I hope that you will be able to represent the views of Rovers supporters that will at times contradict your own. Your insulting debating style should be very effective in swaying Chairman John.

Brad today did exactly what you accused him of not being able to do anymore - he made two or three top class saves that eventually won the game for us.

At least Rev had the decency to admit that Friedel had a good game today.  You, on the other hand, just showed how blinkered you are.

358762[/snapback]

Which bit of "decent performance" didn't you understand?

While I have nothing but admiration for you stepping up to the plate on BRISA, I hope that you will be able to represent the views of Rovers supporters that will at times contradict your own.  Your insulting debating style should be very effective in swaying Chairman John.

358764[/snapback]

Ah, like Rev did last week you've gone for the BRISA defence!!!

If you can't differentiate my views on this board to my views within BRISA then you're clearly struggling.

As I said to Rev, if you feel you can do a better job then I look forward to you joining BRISA, I really do. I'd be delighted to stand down.

In the meantime, your views regarding Friedel are still pathetic.

As I said to Rev, if you feel you can do a better job then I look forward to you joining BRISA,  I really do.  I'd be delighted to stand down.

358772[/snapback]

Not good enough mate. You're the one who has volunteered to represent the views of other rovers fans. That entails a responsibility beyond "if you think you can do a better job" to be respectful of the views of others. If you can turn your childish style on and off that's great, but I've yet to read a post of yours that didn't insult someone.

In the meantime, your views regarding Friedel are still pathetic.

358772[/snapback]

Save that kind of stuff for your meeting with JW - you might even stick your tongue out at him when he's not looking, should he disagree with your excellently argued points.

In the meantime - Brad winning us points by game 12 is great, and long may it continue; I would love to be proved wrong over the season as we have no other keeper anyway. But he did owe us for Villa and Liverpool.

You make it sound like it is a regular occurance.  blink.gif

358774[/snapback]

There you go again (you being Rovers fans in general)

I can't belive I'm rooting for the guy as I hated him last season and was embarrassed we had signed him, but three goals so far when he has missed 3 games and been on and off the bench I think is impressive, as has been his all round play.

In hindsight, I think last season while playing up front alone, carrying a bad injury and with no service from a crap midfield would have made Maradona look dodgy. Maybe we have misjudged the litte scamp.

Kuqi however, is cleary a lemon.

Not good enough mate. You're the one who has volunteered to represent the views of other rovers fans.  That entails a responsibility beyond "if you think you can do a better job" to be respectful of the views of others. If you can turn your childish style on and off that's great, but I've yet to read a post of yours that didn't insult someone.

Save that kind of stuff for your meeting with JW - you might even stick your tongue out at him when he's not looking, should he disagree with your excellently argued points.

In the meantime - Brad winning us points by game 12 is great, and long may it continue; I would love to be proved wrong over the season as we have no other keeper anyway. But he did owe us for Villa and Liverpool.

358776[/snapback]

It's sooo easy to be critical from afar. I, like a load of other Rovers fans, are trying to do our best to represent all the Rovers fans views.

Of course, because I happen to not agree with you on a point, it makes it easy for you to think that I'll fail BRISA in some way. I don't agree.

I think I'm capable of seperating my membership of BRFCS to my membership of BRISA. I'd like to think that on BRFCS I could simply be responding as a fan, but I guess clowns like you might make that impossible.

The bottom line is you're point about Friedel was wrong. Instead of sticking up for your point you chose to question my involvement with BRISA.

It's sooo easy to be critical from afar.  I, like a load of other Rovers fans, are trying to do our best to represent all the Rovers fans views.

Of course, because I happen to not agree with you on a point, it makes it easy for you to think that I'll fail BRISA in some way.  I don't agree.

I think I'm capable of seperating my membership of BRFCS to my membership of BRISA.  I'd like to think that on BRFCS I could simply be responding as a fan, but I guess clowns like you might make that impossible.

The bottom line is you're point about Friedel was wrong.  Instead of sticking up for your point you chose to question my involvement with BRISA.

358779[/snapback]

Do you always have to be so abrasive? It does not win you any admirers.

It's sooo easy to be critical from afar.  I, like a load of other Rovers fans, are trying to do our best to represent all the Rovers fans views.

Of course, because I happen to not agree with you on a point, it makes it easy for you to think that I'll fail BRISA in some way.  I don't agree.

I think I'm capable of seperating my membership of BRFCS to my membership of BRISA.  I'd like to think that on BRFCS I could simply be responding as a fan, but I guess clowns like you might make that impossible.

358779[/snapback]

Can't understand the desire to separate BRFCS and BRISA viewpoints, with or without 'clowns'.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Edited by MCMC1875

I stopped taking Rev's posts seriously a long time ago. 

357426[/snapback]

What a thoroughly pathetic post from someone desperately trying to defend his point of view................. 

................At least Rev had the decency to admit that Friedel had a good game today.  You, on the other hand, just showed how blinkered you are.

358762[/snapback]

If you can't differentiate my views on this board to my views within BRISA then you're clearly struggling............

...........In the meantime, your views regarding Friedel are still pathetic.

358772[/snapback]

............ but I guess clowns like you might make that impossible.

358779[/snapback]

Can you not make a post without some sort of snidey or rude comment Scotty? You are the same not just on this thread but on them all! You strike me as nothing more than a bully and I am suprised that you have not yet been taken to task on this board by the powers that be. I suppose you are simply 'in with the in crowd' eh?

As for BRISA I hope it succeeds, something certainly needs to support the inequal battle of keeping BRFC dining at footballs top table. BUT I feel somewhat disinclined to join whilst you are playing any part of it.

TND, There are many other people involved in BRISA, not just Scotty.

close to 200 people have joined to date, some of them Im sure dont get along on a personal (or messageboard) level. It will never happen that way.

If you dont think Scotty is up to the job, or for that matter any of the other people involved (myself included) then the best way to do something about it is to join.

Joining gives you a vote in the elections to committee, when they are held towards the end of the season, it also entitles you to stand for election yourself. So rather than using BRISA to points score do something about it.

You know it makes sense.

http://www.roversisa.co.uk/join2.php

Jesus what a tangent to take this debate off onto.

Everybody at BRISA has been delighted with the input we've had from Scotty. From his research on the FSF, to speaking at the launch, to being a regular attendee and contributor at the meetings. He has given up a lot of time and effort, as have a lot of other people involved with BRISA, and doesn't deserve critical viewpoints on players and posting style to come back to what is a totally separate entity. I'd be interested to see if anybody at BRISA meetings thinks he is rude, arrogant and closed-minded when having discussions, because that certainly hasn't been the case.

So what has that got to do with Brad Friedel? People are perfectly entitled to criticise him and people are perfectly entitled to defend him. How well people present their cases and how childish their replies may be are completely different from committees and representations. The personal nature of this discussion completely undermines the points that people are wishing to make.

I only saw the highlights on MOTD, thought Dickov did OK, took his goal very well.

I also thought that Brad pulled out some smart stops.

There's no point in having a hidden agenda, being biased or selective; just call it as you see it.

Must've been some selective editing on MOTD, as I saw none of Tugay's showboating.

ah - what's the point.

358836[/snapback]

Well done scotty. Thats much better. So nice to see you have learned that counting to 10 whilst taking slow deep breaths is often the best policy Try to keep it up you'll feel much better for it in the long term. thumbs-up.gif

Edited by thenodrog

Well done scotty.  Thats much better.  So nice to see you have learned that counting to 10 whilst taking slow deep breaths is often the best policy  Try to keep it up you'll feel much better for it in the long term. thumbs-up.gif

358898[/snapback]

Wise words Theno. I trust you'll be taking your own advice as well.

How can anyone be critical of anyone after yesterday's performance. Performances like that come along rarely, and in our case not for a couple of years, so REJOICE.

358807[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. I would ask all the "contestants" in the last two pages of silly argument to name the Rovers player(s) that in their opinion played badly or even poorly in yesterday's game. I can't think of even one.

Must've been some selective editing on MOTD, as I saw none of Tugay's showboating.

358881[/snapback]

Bry, to be fair to the editors, there's not much left for them when they have about 10 mins of time and 5 goals (and replays) to fit in. IMHO he wasn't doing much showboating, just tackling (yes, tackling!), hassling, and passing as of old. Best game I've seen him have for a couple of years. Thought Lucas was very good as well which didn't really show on MOTD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.