BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friedel

Carry on Scotty! ph34r.gif

This messageboard would be very dull without stong opinions from the likes of Scotty and TND, and unless the slanging gets offensive, then I see no reason why they should not air their views in whatever style they like.

358909[/snapback]

Thats a fair point, it does make the board more interesting to read.

But what I do not understand is why anybody resorts to insults. To illustrate when has anybody been been inclined to be convinced by an argument when the other party insults you? If there is one sure fire way to make an individual you are trying to persuade to entrench their position it is using insults.

As far as I can work out insults are pretty much one of the most useless aspects of language. What purpose do they serve which is desirable?

Edited by joey_big_nose

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly JBN. If the ignoramous is a mouthpiece for BRISA, then it's not for me smile.gif

358993[/snapback]

You agree with JBN but then choose to insult me. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Oh, and I'm not a mouthpiece for BRISA, just one of several people involved. And if you can't see past your problem with me to see the wider picture of what BRISA is trying to achieve then that's a shame - and not particularly fair on the others who are involved. But that is, of course, your perogative.

It would make life much simpler if you could ALL just grow and behave like adults. Thank you. I'm full of cold and have an itchy trigger finger this morning. smile.gif

Must've been some selective editing on MOTD, as I saw none of Tugay's showboating.

358881[/snapback]

They did show one of his numerous dummies which let our left back....MGP in down the left! tongue.gif But they don't seem to keen on showing off his skills to the british public, i am not sure they are ready for that yet!

Back to brad, he pulled off a couple of vital saves at key moments in saturdays game and it's good to see people who put him down before giving him just a little bit of credit for that. Being a keeper isn't easy as big clubs Maik Taylor is finding out biggrin.gif

Wise words Theno.  I trust you'll be taking your own advice as well.

358903[/snapback]

Hey Scotty, you gotta admit. Theno has mellowed a bit (I think it coincides with his adoption of smiley usage biggrin.gif ), and been a good contributer for quite a long while now (I hope you don't me saying so Theno). In fact, both yours and Theno's match reports on the Charlton thread are stand-outs IMO (to both your usual high standards).

Now what was that topic again?

Brad pulled off some great saves but am I the only one to believe that he should have dealt with Charlton's goal quite comfortably .....?

359140[/snapback]

I dunno phil, it was just a bad goal all round. Friedel couldnt really move from his original position because initally the ball came to the front post - which Todd should have dealt with. Then it found its way to the back post where Mokoena had totally lost Hughes and Friedel just couldn't get across in time.

In fact, both yours and Theno's match reports on the Charlton thread are stand-outs IMO (to both your usual high standards).

359029[/snapback]

Thank you. I can assure you that I'm blushing prettily Shaddy. Cue another smiley. happy.gif

...............I guess scotty will just have to make do with simply blushing. tongue.gif

Brad pulled off some great saves but am I the only one to believe that he should have dealt with Charlton's goal quite comfortably .....?

359140[/snapback]

When I watched the game, from the BBE I must admit that I thought he should have got the ball as it crossed the box. However after seeing the replay on MOTD, my opinion changed. It was a scrappy goal, and I dont think he could have cut it out before the Charlton player got to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.