Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 4 (four ) V Charlton 1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has JBN moved from Edinburgh?

358531[/snapback]

Certainly have- I am on a year exchange at the university of Washington in Seattle. The perverse thing about it is I get to see more games out here because of Fox Soccer Channel. The combination of a lack of car, my folks living outside London and student finances meant I got to see three Rovers games a year at best.

I'd love to see Tugay and Bentley together in midfield. Use of the ball wins you football matches, not journeyman plodders who 'roll their sleeves up', 'put their foot in' or any of that rubbish.

What will Reid contribute this afternoon that Bentley won't? A few tackles that'll see him win the ball but either give it away or pass it 10 yards backwards and a couple of lung-busting runs that produce very little?

Anyway, I'm unconvinced by Charlton. Been beaten at home off Spurs, Bolton and only drew with a dreadful Fulham side. Their away record is deceptive also. I'd fancy our chances of picking up at least 3 or 4 wins from games at Brum, West Brom, Sunderland, Boro and Portsmouth.

Just did a check of the FoxSports website and the game is being telecast live at 1:00am for all you Aussies out there.

By the way, I reckon it will be a tight tussle, possibly a 1-0 to us, Dickov the scorer, or even 1-0 to them, with Murphy bagging it. Can't comment on the away support as it's a bit of a trek up to Ewood from hereabouts.

Just did a check of the FoxSports website and the game is being telecast live at 1:00am for all you Aussies out there.

By the way, I reckon it will be a tight tussle, possibly a 1-0 to us, Dickov the scorer, or even 1-0 to them, with Murphy bagging it.  Can't comment on the away support as it's a bit of a trek up to Ewood from hereabouts.

358597[/snapback]

Can you give me a link because the foxsports site i'm looking says Fulham v Man City at 1.55am

This is going to be a very tricky game for Rovers. Charlton have been playing well this season and in Darren Bent have one of the best strikers around. I would have been a lo more confident about this game, had he not been playing. But we are at home and should be confident about getting a win. 2-1 to Rovers, Bellamy and Reid to score.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.