BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane

Having looked forwards to this moment for 10 years, why am I not enjoying it more?

I think they will get tonked by Chealsea today, but where's the shame in that, especially with ManYoo'sinjury list?

While I don't feel sorry for RFW, it is getting harder to hate him: a rather pathetic old man going on too long.

Still, maybe they will dredge up a cheating, diving performance and reawaken the nation's ire.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far Man U are the better team, but only just.

All notables in Keane's roll of honor are putting in a good performance, particularly Smith who has kept Lampard and co. quiet so far.

358919[/snapback]

Utd have won the battle but I fear the wars already over.

I think the celebrations around Old Trafford spoke volumes to be honest. A very gutsy backs to wall victory celebrated as if they had won a cup final. The arrogant taunts thrown about by many united fans for years are coming home to roost. Also pretty pleasing to see the smug smile wiped off Mourinho as well.

Utd have won the battle but I fear the wars already over.

358922[/snapback]

10 points behind with a game in hand? i dont think that the wars over

If Chelsea ever have an injury crisis, they may have a slump and its upto the other teams to capitalize on that.

Arsenal also are due a good run sometime soon especially since Henry and Van Persie look in form.

I think the celebrations around Old Trafford spoke volumes to be honest.  A very gutsy backs to wall victory celebrated as if they had won a cup final.  The arrogant taunts thrown about by many united fans for years are coming home to roost.  Also pretty pleasing to see the smug smile wiped off Mourinho as well.

358923[/snapback]

All week it's been "Fergie out" tonight the radio phone ins have been full of ManUre fans who suddenly think they're the dogs wotsits again.

Although Mourinho seems to have been afflicted by a bit of RFW like sour grapes recently give me him Terry, Lampard and Duff over RFW, Ferdinand, Keane, Van Horseface and their insufferable support anyday.

Although out of the three I'd sooner see Arsenal win it.

And out of the four Wigan smile.gif

todays result was papering over the cracks I think.

United have Charlton (who despite them being tought a footballing lesson yesterday, are still a decent side) away next, who I fancy to take a point from United.

United were lucky today, the result could have easily gone either way.

Must say I am impressed at how easilly the Manc supporters have adjusted to their new station in life.

They made an impressive amount of noise supporting the underdogs. Soon they might even realise it is fun to be a real football supporter.

Edited by philipl

• 2 years later...

Roy Keane - famously critical of the prawn sandwich brigade within football - now believes that the Premiership should go global.

Keane says that he's in favour of the concept of change and Premiership games being played in destinations like Dubai, Beijing and Sydney. I would have thought that this would increase the likelihood of 'prawn sandwich' fans attending such matches. Let's face it, an average guy on a typically average salary wouldn't find it easy to afford to take his kids halfway round the world to watch a game. Whereas the more affluent fans wouldn't find it quite so much of a problem

It was after a Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev at Old Trafford in 2000, that Keane launched his attack on sections of Man United supporters, saying: "They have the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it."

Well Mr Keane might find that if the Premiership goes global, there may be a lot of foreign fans in China, Egypt or wherever, who cannot spell "football".

Keane's former friend Eamon Dunphy, who helped Roy to write his autobiography, has launched a stinging attack on the Sunderland manager. Dunphy says that this season Keane has become a bulls*****r who has been "sucked in to becoming a rent-a-quote."

Link: Dunphy slams Keane

Keane's former friend Eamon Dunphy, who helped Roy to write his autobiography, has launched a stinging attack on the Sunderland manager. Dunphy says that this season Keane has become a bulls*****r who has been "sucked in to becoming a rent-a-quote."

Isn't Dunphy the ex Man Ure fella?

I'm not usually one to stand up for Keane but in Dunphy's case it's definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Isn't Dunphy the ex Man Ure fella?

I'm not usually one to stand up for Keane but in Dunphy's case it's definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

He's an odious little gobshite who played most of his career at Millwall I think. He retired from football, turned to journalism, fell out famously during the World Cup with Big Jack Charlton where he lost any of the little credibility that he held in the Republic.

Keane and him were made for each other.

• 2 weeks later...

After all the headlines surrounding Martin Taylor's challenge on Eduardo at St Andrews on Saturday, we shouldn't forget that possibly the worst challenge seen in English football since the Premiership was formed in 1992 was committed by that wild psychotic Irishman Roy Keane.

It was in April 2001. A derby match at Old Trafford against Man City. It wasn't so much a challenge from Roy Keane - it was more of a shocking violent premeditated assault.

It gets worse each time I see it. You can view it for yourself at the video link HERE

Absolutely shocking.

How sad that many people in Ireland still regard Keane as a "hero". I'd suggest that after that knee-high assault in 2001, Keane should have become a source of shame to the people of Ireland.

Alan Green got it right when he said live on radio that Keane was a "lout", while Sunderland defender Clive Clarke gave an insight into Keane's managerial style when he said that Roy had been undermining his players this season by "going around booting chairs, throwing things and not talking to them."

I daresay that if this Irish thug from Cork City had not embarked on a football career with Cobh Ramblers - subsequently joining Nottingham Forest and Man United - then if he hadn't been a footballer he'd probably now be a drunken lout propping up bars and throwing chairs in Cork pubs, taking a swing at people and regularly being thrown out of bars for causing trouble. He's the type of bad-tempered volatile character who can't control his emotions and resorts to violence to sort out his differences.

Somehow I can't imagine Roy sitting calmly in a 9-5 desk job in Cork. Possibly, like some of his fellow countrymen, he'd be digging up roads by now or he'd be an itinerant driveway tarmacer - knocking on doors and paving people's front gardens. I'm sure that his fearsome temper would regularly be on display and he'd be an Irishman best to avoid.

Part of me wants Keane to be relegated with Sunderland this season. But there's another part of me that really wants Birmingham to go down and Steve Bruce to be relegated with Wigan too. Clearly they can't all be relegated, because there's no doubt Derby are going to occupy one of the relegation places.

Sunderland's 1-0 defeat against Portsmouth at the weekend was a record-equalling 10th successive away defeat for the club. Their away record currently reads: no wins, two draws and twelve defeats. Just two points away from home - it's a record almost as shocking as some of Keane's challenges. Clearly if Sunderland hadn't picked up seven wins at home, they would be dead and buried now like Derby.

Keane has spent a lot of money since his team were promoted - around £40m - and some of them have been duds. This season Sunderland have been thrashed 7-1 by Everton and lost 0-3 at home to Wigan in the FA Cup, a performance which Keane said left him feeling "ashamed and embarrassed".

On Saturday at Fratton Park it was a familiar story and another away defeat. Keane said afterwards: "David James must have had one of his easiest games ever today. We could have played until midnight and not scored. I don't think Portsmouth needed a goalkeeper. My players were overawed and I expect they're in the Portsmouth dressing room asking for autographs now."

Another verbal rocket from Keane. But will throwing chairs and kicking players up the backside be enough to keep them up?

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

....something tells me you don`t think much of him. I could be wrong though

Keane is the bugger who shook hands with Kenny Dalglish on a deal to come to Ewood Park in 1993, before changing his mind and joining Alex Ferguson.

He's a lout and a thug, but I have to admit he would have made quite a difference to the fortunes of Rovers if he had kept to his handshake agreement with Dalglish.

He's been one of the most influential (and one of the most thuggish) players in the history of the Premiership.

Keane "tempted to attack fans like Cantona"

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

After all the headlines surrounding Martin Taylor's challenge on Eduardo at St Andrews on Saturday, we shouldn't forget that possibly the worst challenge seen in English football since the Premiership was formed in 1992 was committed by that wild psychotic Irishman Roy Keane.

I resent the use of the words "Irishman" and "Roy Keane" in the same sentence :angry2:

The man is a tool!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.