BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry

Colin Hendry has failed miserably as Blackpool boss...but as mentioned before so did big sam, worthington and megson...its a poisioned chalice...the club is a joke, its a business not an ambitious football club. Thats what you get from having property developers as owners.

Sam Allardyce - Was given loads of money (shock for Blackpool)  to get them promoted, threw it all away in last 2 months of season and only made the playoffs, won 1st leg away from home 2-0. Then printed directions to Wembley in program for home leg and lost 3-0.

Gary Megson - Got attacked by fans who ran to his dugout after a humiliating FA Cup defeat to Hednesford town, ended up finishing mid table before leaving to go to Stockport.

Nigel Worthington - Got them relegated. (Technically McMahon relegated them but Worthy made sure they were down by January)

Blackpool FC is a circus

360270[/snapback]

Agree. You just have to look at the ins and outs over the summer to see how little ambition the board has. At the start of the season there was 11 players out only 2 in, one of whom was from non league. Not suprising that they're in trouble. Hendry hasn't had chance to build a team, although from watching & reading reviews about Blackpool he's come across as a bit naive.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grayson was hardly outstanding for Rovers. Great decision to remove the biggest name ever associated with their club. Their owners won't spend any money? I know how they feel.

Grayson was hardly outstanding for Rovers. Great decision to remove the biggest name ever associated with their club. Their owners won't spend any money? I know how they feel.

360523[/snapback]

£4m in the summer, plus writing off £14m of debt.

Hardly in Blackpool's league....

I expected someone to say that to be honest. I know all about the Matthews final but I just happen to disagree with both of you. In the modern history of the club at least Colin was their biggest name

Wrong again. Sam Allardyce has been Blackpool manager in the recent past. With his current high profile, he is a much bigger "name" (not to mention waistline) than Hendry, a forgotten player from the 1990s.

FYO, Matthews and Mortensen are legends of English football. Look in your Charles Buchan annual.

I expected someone to say that to be honest. I know all about the Matthews final but I just happen to disagree with both of you. In the modern history of the club at least Colin was their biggest name

360577[/snapback]

Keep digging. Were they not managed by a certain Steve McMahon before Hendry.. I'm sure he had a few more winners medals.. All means sod all at the end of the day as being a great player does not make you a good manager.

rover.gif colin will have spent another sleepless night worrying how he will pay his mortgage and feed his family.looking out from his frontroom window at st annes,over the north sea our colin will be in turnmoil.will he spend the next month in st-tropez at his lovely villa,or will he wait by the phone waiting for a call from the job centre.

this is colin bloody hendry,a man off great stature-comes from the highlands and is a man off steel,the first few times he played for us we had a hero in the making,he was here when we were nothing and always had ambition,the stalling over the move to citeh,he left in a bad way but returned a hero-i think king kenny did not rate him in the early days,i reckon jack had a lot to do with his return.

if there is any footballer who deserves his wedge colin was that man,he will bounce back,until then he can do the half time draw if beamo is still sick tinykit.gif

360222[/snapback]

Now that explains why when I looked out of my bedroom window this morning I thought to myself " what has happened to the North Sea? It does look a funny colour; all dirty and muddy just like the Irish Sea at Blackpool." I didn't realise that they had swopped places.laugh.gif

Edited by Fife Rover

Obviously Blackburn Rovers have no respect for what Colin Hendry did here. Lending the club that just sacked him one of our reserve players must be like a slap across the face to him.

how do you know he didnt ask before he got the sack ??

361359[/snapback]

Well I don't. If Colin did then I made a mistake criticising the club for loaning the player there.

Obviously Blackburn Rovers have no respect for what Colin Hendry did here. Lending the club that just sacked him one of our reserve players must be like a slap across the face to him.

361356[/snapback]

I don't really see your logic in this. If Hendry had asked for Harkins and we'd said no, then Grayson asked for him two weeks later and we said yes, then I could see your point! But why shouldn't we give players to another ex-player of ours?

I don't really see your logic in this. If Hendry had asked for Harkins and we'd said no, then Grayson asked for him two weeks later and we said yes, then I could see your point! But why shouldn't we give players to another ex-player of ours?

361361[/snapback]

Blackburn Rovers don't owe Simon Grayson anything. Even if Colin did ask now that he's been fired Blackburn should have some respect for Colin and cancel the loan.

Edited by Vinjay

Hendry imo has never been management material. He is extremely wealthy though and owns more property than you can shake a stick at. He doesn't need the job to eat and maybe that is the rub!

He'll never be hard up and imo whilst he holds a special place in our hearts he simply must owe a greater debt of gratitude to BRFC than BRFC does to him. Gave us great service but left us twice, the first I can forgive but the second was just pure greed. Shortly after agreeing a new megabucks contract with us he left us at the drop of a hat on the promise of even more money from Gers. In the long run it was a damned good deal for us (in fact it was our second best scam ever......after getting Fat Freddy to PAY for Souness laugh.gif ) because his best days were long behind him, but it was still a slight on us as viewed by the rest of the footballing world.

Edited by thenodrog

Blackburn Rovers don't owe Simon Grayson anything. Even if Colin did ask now that he's been fired Blackburn should have some respect for Colin and cancel the loan.

361362[/snapback]

FFS.. its sod all to do with Hendry or Grayson.. Its quite obviously a FOOTBALLING decision taken by Hughes as being in the long term best interests of Harkins and Rovers. I would not imagine there is a queue a mile long of clubs waiting to take him,

Hendry imo has never been management material.  He is extremely  wealthy though and owns more property than you can shake a stick at.  He doesn't need the job to eat and maybe that is the rub!

He'll never be hard up and imo whilst he holds a special place in our hearts he simply must owe a greater debt of gratitude to BRFC than BRFC does to him.  Gave us great service but left us twice, the first I can forgive but the second was just pure greed.  Shortly after agreeing a new megabucks contract with us he left us at the drop of a hat on the promise of even more money from Gers.  In the long run it was a damned good deal for us (in fact it was our second best scam ever......after getting Fat Freddy to PAY for Souness laugh.gif )  because his best days were long behind him, but it was still a slight on us as viewed by the rest of the footballing world.

361366[/snapback]

I'm sure Jack could have offered more than Rangers. He stated family reasons for leaving I recall.

I'm sure Jack could have offered more than Rangers. He stated family reasons for leaving I recall.

361369[/snapback]

I recall that the family reasons cited were that he wanted his children to grow up in Scotland. This presumably explains why 18 months after leaving the Rovers he signed for Coventry - subsequently playing for our local rivals Bolton and Preston. Wouldn't you have thought that as a mark of respect to us he'd have refused to sign for them??

A pity that Colin sullied his relationship with us by leaving in unfortunate circumstances. We owe him nothing. He career with Scotland ended pretty ignominiously too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...002/1249547.stm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.