BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City

Lee

either the price? although i doubt £5 is much difference. Or hopefully its the fact that people are getting more turned on by watching Rovers play. I mean, before the UTD, we had had just lost 3-0 home to Newcastle and im sure most of us were expecting the same kind of result and couldn't face the embarassment.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did'nt get a ticket, I havent missed a game in 3 years. 3 hours too late. Talking to JW At the Ewood Blues meeting, sales were very slow before the Charlton game and we sold 1000 on monday! In a way I'm bitterly dissapointed but I'm also bloody delighted fans are clambouring for tickets again.

I will be there one way or another!

Cheers for the info Marvin and much of what you say makes sense. However, with what you are saying being true, how come b'ham were allocated 2000 seats, rather than 1 of the options you gave?

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Away...~736294,00.html

360140[/snapback]

rover.gif it does say approx 2,000 tickets,and the way brum call themselves a big club,1,700 is approx biggrin.giftinykit.gif

I've been offered 4 tickets in main stand, so look out for small pockets of Rovers fans dotted around the stadium!

360008[/snapback]

Are there any rules governing sitting with the home supporters? On sell out days I remember sad.gif frequently seeing people ejected from Ewood (usually the Bburn End) apparently for the crime of jumping to their feet and applauding a goal by their team. They are suddenly identified and surrounded by scores of finger pointing, angry rovers fans until the stewards arrive to remove them.

1. Is this legal?

if so then

2. Are they ejected completely for celebrating their teams goal or are they put into the ground with the away fans?

3. If they are ejected do they get their ticket money back?

4. If they are ejected and it may be unlikely but are they theoretically within their rights to request video evidence of their 'crimes' in order to pursue the club through the courts?

Are there any rules governing sitting with the home supporters?  On sell out days I remember sad.gif  frequently seeing people ejected from Ewood  (usually the Bburn End) apparently for the crime of jumping to their feet and applauding a goal by their team.  They are suddenly identified and surrounded by scores of finger pointing, angry rovers fans until the stewards arrive to remove them. 

1.  Is this legal?

if so then

2.  Are they ejected completely for celebrating their teams goal or are they put into the ground with the away fans?

3.  If they are ejected do they get their ticket money back?

4.  If they are ejected and it may be unlikely but are they theoretically within their rights to request video evidence of their 'crimes' in order to pursue the club through the courts?

360243[/snapback]

its simple then

B E H A V E blink.gif

Exactly. It is printed on the back of most match tickets.

E.G.

"This is a home supporters area ticket. Refunds will not be given to away supporters refused admission or ejected"

360247[/snapback]

Unless your wearing the away clubs shirt you can always use the power of denial though. Has worked for me many times!

its simple then

B E H A V E blink.gif

360283[/snapback]

C'mon 1864 cheering / applauding / punching the air when your team scores is hardly bad behaviour is it? Do it in the Darwen end of the JW and it hardly causes a ripple of resentment from the home fans but do it amongst the lower orders in the Blackburn End and its almost like a declaration of war. Why is that? What is the difference?

As to Stu Wilkys statement that it is a breach of ground regulations then how come many away fans every match are treated to corporate hospitality courtesy of some company that takes a table in the stand and then are given tickets for the JW stand? We took two customers who are LUFC fans with us 2 weeks ago, fed and watered em in the International suite and then sat with them in the JW stand without any probs.

As to Stu Wilkys statement that it is a breach of ground regulations then how come many away fans every match are treated to corporate hospitality courtesy of some company that takes a table in the stand and then are given tickets for the JW stand?  We took two customers who are LUFC fans with us 2 weeks ago, fed and watered em in the International suite and then sat with them in the JW stand without any probs.

360288[/snapback]

My understanding (such as it is) is that hospitality areas are subject to a slight variation on the regulations covering appropriate behaviour. Although being a poor working man I cant afford such luxuries.

Just been looking at t'internet for Man City and their average crowds are down over 3,000 this season meaning there should be 5,000 tickets going begging.

Also noticed that they are on a bit of a bad run- lost five out of their last nine whereas we've won six out of our last nine.

What is striking is that they've had a fixture list like Wigan's- apart from Man U away and West Ham home, they have been playing all the bottom clubs so they are probably in a bit of a false position at the moment.

Presumably this thread will become the preview thread at some point?

Are there any rules governing sitting with the home supporters?  On sell out days I remember sad.gif  frequently seeing people ejected from Ewood  (usually the Bburn End) apparently for the crime of jumping to their feet and applauding a goal by their team.  They are suddenly identified and surrounded by scores of finger pointing, angry rovers fans until the stewards arrive to remove them. 

1.  Is this legal?

if so then

2.  Are they ejected completely for celebrating their teams goal or are they put into the ground with the away fans?

3.  If they are ejected do they get their ticket money back?

4.  If they are ejected and it may be unlikely but are they theoretically within their rights to request video evidence of their 'crimes' in order to pursue the club through the courts?

360243[/snapback]

I think in general sense must prevail if you are a visiting fan in the home area. Being a season ticket holder in Jack Walker lower tier you do come across visiting fans and as long you keep things fairly relaxed, friendly and perhaps consider what you are wearing, you can have some good banter. How it used to be and still should be.

Of course there are exceptions in parts of most grounds, but in the main I've found that if you engage with the other supporters around you and don't wildly celebrate when Rovers score, despite perhaps wanting to, no problems.

There are visiting grounds where of course this does not apply, Elland Road for example, you need your bumps feeling if you go anywhere near here on matchdays!! But as I said in my original post, City are I'm sure, extremely tolerant and understanding. If anyone objects I'll check if they were at Ewood on 7 May 2000!

Just been looking at t'internet for Man City and their average crowds are down over 3,000 this season meaning there should be 5,000 tickets going begging.

Also noticed that they are on a bit of a bad run- lost five out of their last nine whereas we've won six out of our last nine.

What is striking is that they've had a fixture list like Wigan's- apart from Man U away and West Ham home, they have been playing all the bottom clubs so they are probably in a bit of a false position at the moment.

Presumably this thread will become the preview thread at some point?

360490[/snapback]

Crowds are down 3,000. In part this is due to small away followings, and Sky TV messing with KO times.

The attendance in the corresponding fixture last season was 45,504. Will probably be slightly less this Saturday, but there won't be much in it.

At this stage of the season - 12 games gone - you can't say the fixture list has been kind to City. We've played Arsenal and Newcastle away, in addition to Utd. West Ham at home was a walk-over. If anything we've had some bad luck in games eg Bolton (hit woodwork on 6 occasions).

City are up there on merit, and I'm confident we will still be up there towards the end of the season.

I like your team too, particularly Bellamy, Dickov and Pedersen. I'll take a point on Saturday though as we're without Barton, and he's our most important player. More valuable to us than Shaun Wright-Phillips ever was

I went down to the ticket office at 4.30 today for some Arse tickets ( only 200 of those left !) and asked about City tickets for my pal, lo and behold they sold me two. They said they had got some more..........so get on the blower in the morning. I'm a bit p1ssed off because I've bought one in the City end after being told there was no chance of anymore being sent from Manchestoh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.