BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brisa Agenda

Paul

The Fans Forum meet bi monthly? 

The fans forum are an open and representative body for the fans?

I really struggle to find any similarities, from an outsiders perspective the fans forum seems really to be a special club, example being..

"oh yes, weve seen the new kit, but we cant tell you"

and BRISA is secret squirrel?

There is naturally a place for both organisations, but there are few comparisons to be drawn (in my humble opinion naturally).

361228[/snapback]

stu, you're doing yourself nor BRISA any favours whatsoever with an attitude like that.

So the club want a reaction from some supporters over new kit options. And later tell you which one has been chosen. But want you to keep it quiet ahead of an official launch.

What are you meant to do? Promptly go out and tell all and sundry?.

This is starting to remind me of Life of Bryan.

" **** off we're not the Judean People's Front, we're the People's Front of Judea"

laugh.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to clarify:

What exactly have the Club committed to thus far in terms of meeting with BRISA?

- How often?

- What level of contact? i.e. John Williams/Tom Finn etc or another club representative such as Nick Hall?

Who with? i.e. BRISA committee members only?

Ta.

Rev, I havnt got an attitude, its merely observing from an "external" point of view. One which is different to yours.

There simply are not comparisons to be drawn between BRISA and the FF. One was set up by the fans, one was set up by the club, they started differently and they progress differently.

If we disagree, we disagree. Thats fine, I disagree with lots of people!

Rev, any chance of you producing minutes of all the meetings of the FF that youve been involved in? huh.gif  rolleyes.gif

361308[/snapback]

Minutes..mmm thats a difficult one.

The FF used to have an official minute taker, but that was stopped.

Glenn has taken some recently, but the club havent responded to requests to clear them for publication (personally I would have given them a week and published them anyway)

Rev - if you want to know what the club have said about contact between them and ISA, they should be on the minutes which are due to be published on the BRISA site, and are only late as day jobs have interfered.

.... and since when has the FF been bi-monthly (unless I'm only told about one meeting in 3 smile.gif ).

For me, the main point of the FF is to provide information to the club, based on the opinions of a small but nicely varied group of fans.

Fo me, the main point of BRISA is to provide information both to and from, both the fans and the club.

For me, there are many things the FF can provide that under it's full disclosure polciy BRISA can not. Likewise, there are many the BRISA can provide that the FF can't.

Hence why I see a need for both organisations.

What time is tonights meeting likely to finish. I am keen to attend, particularly if some of the ideas I put forward are to be discussed but may not be able to make it until later.

I dont want to turn up at half eight or nine and find its all over, does anyone have any idea how long it will go on for?

What time is tonights meeting likely to finish. I am keen to attend, particularly if some of the ideas I put forward are to be discussed but may not be able to make it until later.

I dont want to turn up at half eight or nine and find its all over, does anyone have any idea how long it will go on for?

361574[/snapback]

Not that I want to put you off Darth Paul, but the issues you brought up will be discussed at our next meeting in December, not tonight's.

Tonight's meeting is mainly about the internal workings of BRISA and how we can structure ourselves to be as effective as possible.

The December meeting will be dedicated to sorting out exactly what we take to the club regarding attendances. That's when ideas like yours will be debated and decisions taken about what's workable and what isn't.

Thats fine, I dont want to attend BRISA just to talk about my ideas of course, but I would certainly like to be involved in the development of them.

Given tonights agenda though, is there any point in non committe members attending? I am very keen to attend but would like it to be worthwhile given the effort it would take to get there...

Given tonights agenda though, is there any point in non committe members attending? I am very keen to attend but would like it to be worthwhile given the effort it would take to get there...

361593[/snapback]

Well, if anyone has any views on any of the agenda items, or simply just wants to meet some of the people involved in BRISA and have the chance to talk to them face-to-face then yes, it's worth turning up. Also, as Den says, we have an Any Other Business item on our agenda where people can raise whatever they want.

I just wanted to make the point that this meeting isn't going to be the attendance meeting - that'll be next month.

• 8 months later...

Now don't shoot the messenger but.........

Just a point to note but I was speaking with a prominant local businessman on Sunday (whose company has strong links to large international companies who are big sponsors / advertisers in most sports) who lambasted the marketing dept in no uncertain terms at BRFC as an 'absolute joke'* and that prospective advertisers and sponsors were turning away from the club as there was no way they were getting any sort of a return on their investment. Something I suggest to be a very necessary requirement for any business.

He was scathing in particular of Ken Beamish (not really any suprise there then) and the fact that most of the staff were in an ex-Granada comfort zone. Nick Hall who did have some business acumen has left and the marketing dept is now bereft of any dynamism whatsoever.

Evaluating the efficiency of the marketing dept (and especially in a higher profile season than normal) might be a primary and worthwhile target for BRISA to get their teeth into. Especially as the club is already finding so much difficulty in attracting income through the turnstiles.

Nick Hall who did have some business acumen has left and the marketing dept is now bereft of any dynamism whatsoever.

That's a dreadful shame Paul EDIT: errr Gordon. - Where has Nick gone to? Top bloke.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

It doesn't come as a great surprise to me to be honest. Too many of the staff at the club have had, or still have, a small club mentality and i'm sure were much happier in the old days when they could plod along. Ken Beamish was ill for a large part of last season so it may have something to do with it. However, aside from the fact that he is a nice bloke, I've heard and experienced that he is no great shakes on the old marketing front. Shame really but nice doesn't sell your advertising does it.

Evaluating the efficiency of the marketing dept (and especially in a higher profile season than normal) might be a primary and worthwhile target for BRISA to get their teeth into. Especially as the club is already finding so much difficulty in attracting income through the turnstiles.

Do you have an ideas as to how BRISA could do this? Seriously, I'm not having a pop, I just wouldn't really know where to start personally.

In the attendance document we relayed to the club the views of a few posters who didn't think the marketing at Rovers was as good as it should be. It's fair to say that John Williams and Tom Finn were a little shocked and surprised at the criticism, and perhaps a little upset. I think they believe they are doing a decent job marketing wise. How can we show otherwise - other than passing on the views of Rovers fans?

Do you have an ideas as to how BRISA could do this? Seriously, I'm not having a pop, I just wouldn't really know where to start personally.

Other than getting hard facts I don't really Scotty. Maybe if we got the facts we might find some marketeers amongst our members to assess the performance of the clubs marketing dept and poss propose an alternative marketing strategy. 'Whoever' needs to be good though.

The guy I was speaking with complained about the lack of dynamism for his projects from within BRFC.

In the attendance document we relayed to the club the views of a few posters who didn't think the marketing at Rovers was as good as it should be. It's fair to say that John Williams and Tom Finn were a little shocked and surprised at the criticism, and perhaps a little upset. I think they believe they are doing a decent job marketing wise. How can we show otherwise - other than passing on the views of Rovers fans?

I hope you indicated to TF and JW the approx percentage of Rovers fans holding this negative view ( estimated statistically from the number of posters on here with that view).

The guy I was speaking with complained about the lack of dynamism for his projects from within BRFC.

That's not a problem with marketing strategy, but with people, or it may just be a mismatch of expectations. Do the club even know he is unhappy?

And anyway, BRFC is not Proctor & Gamble; if they have any professional marketing staff at all, those people are not likely to be breathtakingly good. Nor does the football industry come close to embracing the concept of marketing: a good marketing strategy aligns all aspects of the business behind meeting consumer needs based on compelling insights - don't make me larf!

Rovers need to focus on selling the impressive facilities bequeathed by Jack and then exceeeding expectations to those they have sold to, with emphasis on the latter. If they aren't doing either of those, they need better leadership in the commercial dept, not a new marketing strategy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.