SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

Ricky

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can carry on where we left off against Charlton then I can see us getting the 3 points. However, as has been said, depends on what state our players that play in the World Cup playoffs come back in, especially the Aussies with their long haul flight.

Lucas and Brett should be buzzing though and should be desperate to play.

Also, hopefully this is good in the short-term for Brett's confidence

361311[/snapback]

Got to agree with Dan mark Furness, how we can expect a performance from Lucas and Bret is on saturday is beyond me, their celebrations on qualifying for the world cup will probably be in full swing now.

Add that to a round the world trek, they aint going to have an easy ninety minutes on saturday lets hope the depth of squad can cope with them on the bench.

Cant see them both starting.

Emo looked to come off with a slight injury.

Add that to jet lag and barely any sleep then you cant have two players playing on the right side both much less than 100% ready.

Id possibly start with Neill, or move Zurab right back and Nelsen and Todd can play in the middle.

I think we have the squad to cope.

yes me and ben will be

mines not golden, its yellow, i want a refund thumbs-up.gif

361129[/snapback]

Ereet, will see you and Ben at the station....

Then onto a local ale house or 3.....

Hopefully we'll have another victorious win in Manchester

Rovers 2-1 Bellamy/Kuqi

More short-sighted stereo-typing from ignorant rivals...

City Forum

And again...

Bitter and Twisted?

361545[/snapback]

I'm really starting to enjoy views like this. We're clearly very underestimated technically by many these days, and there are constant worries about how players will stand up to our midfield. I'd much rather this than the reputation of, say, Norwich, who made people say "well they can play a bit" but provided very little substance.

If Citeh want to protect players against us for fear of intimidation of injury then let them. They're the ones making the mistakes - it isn't as if Tugay, MGP and Emo are cloggers in midfield.

Had a quick look at the City forum - found a quote that really sums up the City 'big club' fans mentality:

"--I think my dislike of Blackburn falls in to the category of 'Poor lancashire teams that think they're good.'---"

Mind the windows in your glass house mate. ph34r.gif

Translated to me:- " Dislike of Blackburn falls into the category of 'They've won something in the last 20 years' and we haven't "

Had a quick look at the City forum - found a quote that really sums up the City 'big club' fans mentality:

"--I think my dislike of Blackburn falls in to the category of 'Poor lancashire teams that think they're good.'---"

Mind the windows in your glass house mate. ph34r.gif

Translated to me:- " Dislike of Blackburn falls into the category of 'They've won something in the last 20 years' and we haven't "

361611[/snapback]

Very scientific approach to take one person's post and use it as evidence of your own jaundiced viewpoint.

What's more galling is that Blackburn got 30,000 when Jack Walker bought a winning team, yet when you're mid-table 15,000 of those couldn't be bothered.

It's those 15,000 who have a big-club mentality. They only want to be associated with success.

The 1700 who will follow Blackburn on Saturday are proper football fans and deserve a better ambassador

yep

man city the original big city football club only rivalled by those other blue noses from brum, that englands 2nd and 3rd city football teams (4th for man city tho).

city have a marvellous away following, but then again in a city so large its no wonder they have.

pound for pound Rovers are a bigger club, after all when was the last time they ever won a major trophy ?

Very scientific approach to take one person's post and use it as evidence of your own jaundiced viewpoint.

What's more galling is that Blackburn got 30,000 when Jack Walker bought a winning team, yet when you're mid-table 15,000 of those couldn't be bothered. 

361632[/snapback]

We didnt get 30,000 - well only when the awayers brought 8000! ph34r.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.