BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

Ricky

I'm really starting to enjoy views like this. We're clearly very underestimated technically by many these days, and there are constant worries about how players will stand up to our midfield. I'd much rather this than the reputation of, say, Norwich, who made people say "well they can play a bit" but provided very little substance.

If Citeh want to protect players against us for fear of intimidation of injury then let them. They're the ones making the mistakes - it isn't as if Tugay, MGP and Emo are cloggers in midfield.

361553[/snapback]

Spot on there, Bellers.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City are a massive club, it`s just that they haven`t won any thing in the last 30 years. They`re not alone in that, just ask the Geordies, the Brum fans, Sunderland fans, Sheffields clubs etc etc. Thats one of the things that narks big clubs fans about Rovers. We`re la tiny little club, with no fans, who don`t sing, don`t go away, and yet we still win more than them.

Thats one of things that 1700+ a few Rovers fans on Saturday love!

We can win things despite all the above!

City fans I know are fairly kind to Rovers, they acknowledge we out perform them most years, and usually make a joke about it too.

More than can be said about most Geordies and Birmingham City fans.

I have never forgiven City for us playing them off the pitch - but still getting beaten at Ewood the year they went up.

Or watching Rovers play some enterprising football at Maine Road - only to see them have 6 attacks and score six goals. Then they had the cheek to keep us locked in.

Still, let bygones be bygones - I hope we stuff them biggrin.gif

I have a certain amount of respect for Pearce, and also the loyality of their support. Though has been pointed out - with only one football team actually in Manchester they should get good gates tongue.gif

Lets hope for another good game - yet another opportunity for Rovers to show that the myth started by Chelsea and Arsenal is just a load of soutern hot air.

Funny, my mind also went back to that 6-0 at Maine Road (plus a couple of very undeserved 2-1 defeats there as well) when I was walking yesterday.

Despite some good victories against the Blue Mooners, we still haven't properly paid them back yet and I really hope we beat them humiliatingly. But I still think that this has banana skin written all over it looking at that Citeh injury list!

Funny, my mind also went back to that 6-0 at Maine Road (plus a couple of very undeserved 2-1 defeats there as well) when I was walking yesterday.

Despite some good victories against the Blue Mooners, we still haven't properly paid them back yet and I really hope we beat them humiliatingly. But I still think that this has banana skin written all over it looking at that Citeh injury list!

361728[/snapback]

Whatever happened to Jim Tolmie???

It's those 15,000 who have a big-club mentality.  They only want to be associated with success. 

361632[/snapback]

I don't think that many on this board would ever say that rovers are a 'big' club - but we will prob be the only 'town' team to ever win the PL. And those that do still turn up are treated to a feast of good football - we have not been called 'the Chelsea of the North' for nothing.

So are Neill and Emerton both out then?

bbc.co.uk: -

An ankle injury is likely to rule out midfielder Claudio Reyna for Manchester City, while Joey Barton is suspended.

Kiki Musampa (hamstring) is also doubtful, David Sommeil (fractured cheekbone) and Trevor Sinclair (knee) are also unlikely to be risked.

Blackburn will not call on Lucas Neill or Brett Emerton because of their long trip to play for Australia.

New Zealander Ryan Nelsen is expected to return after injury, however, as are Robbie Savage and Michael Gray.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man City (from): James,

Weaver, Mills, Onuoha, Dunne, Distin, Richards, Jordan, Thatcher, Sommeil, Sun, Croft, Reyna, Sinclair, Ireland, Musampa, Hussein, Sibierski, Cole, Vassell, Miller, Fowler, Wright-Phillips.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Enckelman, Thompson, Pedersen, Savage, Tugay, Nelsen, Reid, Khizanishvili, Kuqi, Todd, Bellamy, Gray, Bentley, Dickov, Matteo, Mokoena, Gresko, Jansen, Flitcroft.

Apparently Lucas was giving radio interviews from Manly Beach!

Sensible decision by Hughes- 25,000+ miles in the air and two of the most emotionally stressed games in your career (chucking in ET and penalties) in the previous week is not the best preparation for a game on Saturday.

Just as well Citeh are struggling to find some wingers to exploit the void down our right side. That said, no doubt two from Axe/ Reid/ Bentley will do a decent fill in job.

Good to see Savage, Nelsen and Gray back if they are playing- that will make up for the absences.

Edited by philipl

Fascinating to read opponents preview's - seems like everyone thinks of Tugay as a "kicker" in midfield. unsure.gif

Let's hope Psycho thinks so aswell, they'll be in for a surprise rover.gif

Blackburn will try to bully there way to 3 points but I am hoping our class will be the telling factor!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Very scientific approach to take one person's post and use it as evidence of your own jaundiced viewpoint.

What's more galling is that Blackburn got 30,000 when Jack Walker bought a winning team, yet when you're mid-table 15,000 of those couldn't be bothered. 

It's those 15,000 who have a big-club mentality.  They only want to be associated with success. 

The 1700 who will follow Blackburn on Saturday are proper football fans and deserve a better ambassador

361632[/snapback]

This is the kinda thing which really annoys me. Fair enough, your a City fan, probably the most loyal set of fans in the whole country (ave of 28k in div 2) and if you wanna have a pop at our crowds then thats up to you. However, why do you have to come up with exagerated bullsh!t in order to do so??

Our average crowd was 27,500 the yr after we spent far less than the average Keegan summer, ie the time you would expect the most glory hunters. Last yr we averaged 22k thats a drop of 5000, not the nonsence you talk of 15k. Get real mate tinykit.gif

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.