BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

Ricky

This is the kinda thing which really annoys me. Fair enough, your a City fan, probably the most loyal set of fans in the whole country (ave of 28k in div 2) and if you wanna have a pop at our crowds then thats up to you. However, why do you have to come up with exagerated bullsh!t in order to do so??

Our average crowd was 27,500 the yr after we spent far less than the average Keegan summer, ie the time you would expect the most glory hunters. Last yr we averaged 22k thats a drop of 5000, not the nonsence you talk of 15k. Get real mate  tinykit.gif

361854[/snapback]

KK spent nothing in his last 2 seasons, and there's no comparison given the inflation in the domestic transfer market. I'm not really a Keegan fan, and I don't think many City fans are.

This season you've been getting sub 20k, and if you do average above 20k this season it will be because you give a 1/4 of your ground to some teams.

You will make up less than 4% of our crowd tomorrow, whereas when we visit Ewood we make up about 30% of yours

Did you give the whole of the Darwen End to Utd, City, Liverpool etc when you won the title? You might have done, but I have no recollection of this.

You're right I exagerated, but I think you are under-playing the fall in Rovers support as your numbers hide increased numbers of away fans? If you've always given the Darwen End to away fans then I'm wrong on that count as well

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual when opposing fans come up with these clever remarks, they forget that the percentage of the population of the small town of Blackburn who attend Rovers matches is way way higher in proportion than the percentage of fans attending a big city club. Still, why let that get in the way of a good dig at someone?

And as for letting other clubs have the whole of the Darwen End - well it brings us in a nice bit of extra cash, thank you very much - and as you point out we've a nice big stadium so why not?!

i dont know why a lot of people on here take it so personally when opposition fans have a go at our attendances. Most of us go to Ewood week in week out so what else can we do?!

At the end of the day when fans from other clubs have a go at the falling attendances at rovers it doesnt bother me because i'm still going week in week out and have been doing so since before uncle jack got involved.

its not the football club's fault because under Souness we played some of the most entertaining football ive seen at Ewood...not always the right result but entertaining nonetheless, and also have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. its a reflection of how fickle fans are in the northwest....i for one do not beleive we are as passionate (on the whole) about our football as other areas.

instead of criticism, the club should be commended for providing a team that has been so competative in this league irrespective of the income we receive through gate receipts. People can say what they want but when was the last time City, Spurs or any of the other so called 'big clubs' did anything? its not attendances that define a football club its how the team performs on the pitch, and in this respect rovers have had a bigger impact than most teams in the league, not only since the league began but also since we came back up!

Oh and Marvin, do City sell out every week?

Edited by cn_barlow

Rovers to win 2-0, Bellamy and Bentley to have blinders, Calamity has his usual nightmare in goal - can't wait.

362005[/snapback]

Those of you waiting for David James to mess up, I think you will be disappointed.

Fact is, James has been very consistant for City, it's when he's called up to the national team he's had his worst matches. James has probably been one of the best goalkeepers in the Premiership, I'm pretty sure if you ask a City-fan - he wouldn't swap him for any other 'keeper in the Prem. (perhaps with the exception of Cech)

The team seems to pick itself if Nelsen and Gray are fit:

Bellamy  Dickov

Pedersen  Savage    Tugay    Reid

Gray    Todd       Nelsen   Zura

Friedel

Subs:   Encks, Matteo, Bentley, Axe, Kuqi

Reid performed excellently in the last game, Bentley has been shocking for the last few so- even if it is on the right- Reid should get the spot.

An interesting point is that with Nelsen and Todd playing who will get the armband? Really it should be Nelsen.

1-1, but we resoundingly outplay Citeh.

ps. nust realised Thompson is in the squad. Shock inclusion on the right? I would think he would be lucky to make the bench but you never know...

Edited by joey_big_nose

Savage and Tugay must take advantage of the fact that Sun Jihai will be playing in City's midfield. He is more suited to a right back position because of pace. However, he is not exactly a central midfield player.

Also did anyone notice how Dunne spoke about Dickov being a "nightmare"?

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewate...sp?newsid=20040

Maybe we should unleash Bellamy, Dickov, and Kuqi all at once biggrin.gif

Edited by Rover4ever

It's those 15,000 who have a big-club mentality.  They only want to be associated with success. 

361632[/snapback]

We aren't a big club! We're just a small club that has won more trophies (both titles and FA Cups, same number of League cups) than your lot! tongue.gif

City are a good laugh though. They remain forever capable of shooting themselves in the foot. An interesting fact that City are the only team to follow up winning the title by getting relegated the very next season!

Having said all that, if I had to choose I'd take the Manchester club over the Salford Buccaneers anytime! thumbs-up.gif

If Manchester City avoid relegation this season, it will equal their best ever run of consecutives seasons in the Premiership. From the inaugral season of 1992-93 City managed four seasons in the newly created top flight beofre succumbing to the drop in 1996.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.