SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

Ricky

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still stand one place above Newcastle tho, on goal difference. Brilliant. And loads of places above Birmingham, things aren't all bad.

362103[/snapback]

Come on, we can't compare ourselves to those relegation scrappers! wink.gif

I guess we'll settle for one point, making it four out of the last five unbeaten. Skysports reckon' MGP was our best attacking player today, which makes good reading - been a bit worried of his lack of form recently. His allround game has never been that outstanding, but he's vital considering the lack of competition down that side..

I know that City were short of players and I know if my auntie had bolloxz she'd have been my uncle but imo a fit Neil and Emerton would have earned us 3 points today. We were just so weak down the right.

With Gray and Pederson misfiring too and City's well rehearsed offside trap catching Bellamy and Dickov with aggravating regularity our attacking threat was zilch. But last season such a performance would have seen us come away with nothing so it's a nice feeling supporting a club that is at last difficult to beat.

Hughes only mistake imo was in not giving Kuqi at least 30 mins of action. His enthusiastic work rate and physical presence caused more probs for Dunn and Distain in 10 mins than Bellamy and Dickov had done in the previous 80.

Gary Linekar has backed Stuart Peirce to become next England manager but his actions in twice darting onto the pitch to grab the ball and speed up play out of frustration will have set any chance of that back immensely. The FA will certainly not want to hire such an emotion driven individual I'm sure.

I know that City were short of players and I know if my auntie had bolloxz she'd have been my uncle but imo a fit Neil and Emerton would have earned us 3 points today.  We were just so weak down the right.

With Gray and Pederson misfiring too and City's well rehearsed offside trap catching Bellamy and Dickov with aggravating regularity our attacking threat was zilch.  But last season such a performance would have seen us come away with nothing so it's a nice feeling supporting a club that is at last difficult to beat.   

Hughes only mistake imo was in not giving Kuqi at least 30 mins of action.  His enthusiastic work rate and physical presence caused more probs for Dunn and Distain in 10 mins than Bellamy and Dickov had done in the previous 80. 

Gary Linekar has backed Stuart Peirce to become next England manager but his actions in twice darting onto the pitch to grab the ball and speed up play out of frustration will have set any chance of that back immensely.  The FA will certainly not want to hire such an emotion driven individual I'm sure.

362114[/snapback]

Pearce was MOM in a dour game spoilt by Blackburn's approach to the game, and City's inability to break you down.

Dickov, and Bellamy were occasionally in good situations, but even in the latter stages of the game, you refused to commit anyone forward.

I think you missed a trick today. No doubt you are happy enough with a point away from home, but you could have had all 3 if you attacked.

We had 2 kids, a reserve defender, and a half-fit winger playing in our midfield today (thanks to KK's ridiculous transfer policy, and cut-backs), and you could have taken us to the cleaners.

Both teams were well-organised, and that's about the only positive thing that came out of the game. That and a point for each team.

I hope the retrun fixture at Ewood Park is a better game. I am sure it will be

Thanks for putting up with me this last week

What a dull game, one shot one target for each side. If the BBC has any sense that match will be last on MOTD at 23:30 and will last for about 30 seconds.

Two completely stupid bookings for us with Thompson & Savage being idiots. For Citah Mrs Mills was lucky that the ref didn't spot his assault on MGP.

The only highlights were being back home by 17:30 and the yapping of a couple of Hooray Henrys behind us.

"I think Emerton and Neill are recovering from their game in Paraguay"

"England are winning in the rugby, oh jolly good"

"Oooh that was not a good pass"

In the voice of Ralph (as in Ted & Ralph) from the "Fast Show"

Had us in stitches.

The admirable Admiral was back and looking as good as ever.

As for Psycho..................got to hand it to him. He'll probably pick himself for their next match.

If the BBC has any sense that match will be last on MOTD at 23:30 and will last for about 30 seconds.

362119[/snapback]

Gosh! I could be a BBC programmer.

I hope the retrun fixture at Ewood Park is a better game. I am sure it will be Thanks for putting up with me this last week

No problems Marvin, I think we always try and welcome the opposition here . Apart from one or to numpties on either side.

Thought we started well and we controlled the first half, but second half was all City.

We should be happy with the point as neither side had the cutting edge. Nelsen back and again put in an immense performance. Tugay and Sav looked good in the middle.

MGP was woeful in the first half, improved a little in the second, but defended well all day. Reid was ineffective at right wing.

Delighted to see Thommo back.

I think we have got 4 point out of this little patch of 3 games now, another point at Arsenal would do us real good.

Had a great day, still nursing my hangover....

A point is better than nowt...

Pearce should have been red carded for his pitch invasions...

362177[/snapback]

aye, twas a good day

but the game was absolute S$^£e

worst game i`ve seen for a long long long time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.