BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Favour From An Online Poker Player Needed

I'm looking for a volenteer !

We're currently talking to a large online betting outfit about using their online poker facilities to resurrect our old oline poker games and hopefully start new regular brfcs tournaments. The idea is we get them some new signups and we get some advertising revenue (not to mention somewhere better to play poker)

The problem is with both my day job and BRISA taking up so much of time I haven't had chance to check out their facilities yet, which is where you come in.

What I need is for somebody to sign up for their poker facilities (they offer free games as well as pay ones, but you may need a credit card for security purposes, not sure yet), have a play and let us know what you think.

I need someone (or a couple of people) that is familiar with online poker (preferably someone that used to play in our old games at texasholdem.com/pokerroom.com, but that's not essential) to have a play and let me know if you think (is the software any good, is it friendly enough for new players, can everyone actually get on the same server etc).

PM me and I'll let you know which site (I don't want to name them here until a deal is struck).

Will they be Mac compatable?

361313[/snapback]

That's hopefully one of the questions I'll have answered by those willing to have a nosey on our behalf.

Many of the site I've played have been java based so *should* work fine on a Mac.

However, a quick look at the site in question doesn't offer me any obvious Mac related info and the download is a wintel executable. So it doesn't look good.

As I'd be interested in the Poker I'd be happy to help out in any way possible. I only know a couple of sites and on top of that I'm probably not the best qualified when it comes to what I need to be knowing about the sites, but if some of you are willing to let me know the exact things I need to find out I'll happily do the snooping.

ok, i've had a play about on the site a bit over the last couple of days. just for play money though.

you do have to open an account with the entire site and register a card before you can play poker with them (even the play money games). you also have to install their client software, but the registration and installation is very straight forward

it could be a problem to get regular games going between just board members as there is no facility to create private tables and control who joins them.

when i played, all of the play money tables were full and i had to join a waiting list and wait for about 10 minutes, but at any time there seems to be empty real money tables so it should be possible for everyone to get on the same table.

regarding the software, its pretty much the same as any other poker site.

i havent deposited any money with them, but i think they charge you a fee, which isnt great, but i'm not certain of this as i cant access the site at the moment thanks to web(non)sense.

Cheers for giving it the once over RS.

They have said we can have our own table to which we limit access via a password, so that should get round problems with full and not-private tables.

The requirement for a CC for authorization purposes, is a pain in the ass, but one we could live with I guess.

The fact you managed to play without committing any money is a good thing.

All in all it's looking quite promissing.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

what sort of poker game would it be, texas hold em seems to be the in thing at the moment?

i'd be in for sure, played a few times on the net and i have a few traps to lay from the tricks i've picked up, the only bad thing about poker on the net is that you can't see the other person sweating it out bluffing unless we all hooked up webcams or something hahahaha :lol:

• 2 months later...

Probably not, we have been on about this for months mate. It would be great if we could sort out a weekly or bi-weekly poker night with some members on here. something to do on the cold winter nights.

Probably not, we have been on about this for months mate. It would be great if we could sort out a weekly or bi-weekly poker night with some members on here. something to do on the cold winter nights.

In the meantime, surely some of us are already joined other online poker tables sites we can use as a stopgap ? I'm with Ladbrokes and always up for a game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.