natbags

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the odds of where he will go next we are:

4TH!!!!!!!

361927[/snapback]

I would say it would be impossibe but for the fact that he has sucha strong connection with Hughes.

You can imagine that they miight get along quite well.

I am not, however, convinced that Keane would really add much to our team. On the form of the last couple of seasons Svage has been as decent as he is at the moment.

Plus I could see Bellamy and Davage finding it hard to get along with Keane. Bellamy in particular could feel Keano's wrath.

The guy had the heart and balls to say what he said, hes more a fan living a dream of playing in that it annoys him when people dont perform

361924[/snapback]

Strongly disagree. I have the utmost respect for Roy Keane and his footballing in his prime. In my opinion what has come out of Keane in the last few years is not a man with the balls to speak his mind but rather a man whose skills are declining and he is in denial.

Rather than accept he can no longer do what he used to he chooses to point the finger at others. The man almost single handedly trashed his own Country's chances of doing well in the last wWorld Cup due to some personal disagreement with the manager.

He's past it, he knows it but cannot either accept it or admit it. A man with true stature, self belief and dignity does not do those things he did to his countrymen or teamates, nor does he renig on a hand shake agreement. A once great player in denial. The man needs to see someone.

Edited by USABlue

Spot on USA.

Rovers being second in the betting is more a reflection on Keane's employability than anything else! (is that going to come back and haunt me?)

Celtic indicating willingness to talk must point the road north of the border unless he emerges as player-manager at Pompey. Keane and Mandaric together- perhaps six weeks at most.

I would not want him here, no way. Celtic is a perfect fit, one time great player, arguably one of the best ever midfielders, whose career is in decline. He can still have the big crowds and win stuff but play in a poor league, big fish small pond. Hell even an ex clarrot is looking good there I hear.

Thanks for some fine football Mr Keane but you have done yourself, your Country, your team and it's fans a great dis-service of late. My hat goes off to Fergie for pulling the plug at the right time.

His decline has coincided with Man Utd going down the pan, so I'm not sure you can pin his outbursts on hubris and self-denial.

Yes, he could play a bit and he was physically brave, but he could also be very nasty. Stamping on Southgate's stomach in the FA Cup Semi or Final I think it was, the replay after a fan had been stabbed to death in the original game was the first time he was out of order.

And whatever Haaland did or said to him Keane's retaliation was cowardly and disgraceful, but not unexpected.

An unpleasant person, but would probably be a good manager somewhere. And could do a good job in the Premiership still, anyone who believes otherwise should remember teh shock that accompanied news of his exit. Man Utd will miss him for the rest of teh season.

As a free agent without a contract, I think he can sign within the window.

Otherwise the transfer window constitutes a restraint of trade and would be illegal under EU law.

Looking at the Mancs, I am reminded of that old song; "Three wheels on my wagon but I'm still rolling along etc." Only problem is, the Cherokees (Glazers) got in a bit early.

361787[/snapback]

But surely there is a transfer of registration involved. And that is what the windows are for. As I understand it, transfer fees are the business of the clubs themselves. It is when they come knocking on the door of EUFA (FIFA perhaps? is the window worldwide) affilicated associations for transfer of registration that they are forced to wait for the windows?

But surely there is a transfer of registration involved. And that is what the windows are for. As I understand it, transfer fees are the business of the clubs themselves. It is when they come knocking on the door of EUFA (FIFA perhaps? is the window worldwide) affilicated associations for transfer of registration that they are forced to wait for the windows?

362098[/snapback]

Won't they have cancelled his registration? They won't have 'mutually agreed' that he'd leave and then say,'but your still registered as a Man Utd player' will they?

Won't they have cancelled his registration? They won't have 'mutually agreed' that he'd leave and then say,'but your still registered as a Man Utd player' will they?

362101[/snapback]

But where would it stop? If it is possible, it is such a gaping wide loophole. The selling club could conviniently "terminate" the registration. Am I being weird here in seeing this as so obvious?

In anycase, I believe Keane won't be able to play for another EUFA team (injury aside) until January.

But where would it stop? If it is possible, it is such a gaping wide loophole. The selling club could conviniently "terminate" the registration. Am I being weird here in seeing this as so obvious?

In anycase, I believe Keane won't be able to play for another EUFA team (injury aside) until January.

362102[/snapback]

That is right, he can't play for anyone until January.

362102[/snapback]

Maybe you've got a devious mind. ;-)

Wouldn't the 'terminating' club then run the risk of the buying club just telling them that they can't have any transfer money as the player is a free agent? It'd be very easy for FIFA/UEFA to pick up on this though, wouldn't it?

I've not actually got much of a clue of the minutae of all this sort of stuff, though.

No time for the man, was a good player and one of best around, but how he got away with what he did to Haaland (who had to retire from injury) and openly admitting it is a disgrace

361918[/snapback]

Little bit of a myth, that one, Keane's stomp on Haaland was a disgrace, but the latter's retirement was down to an injury to his other leg.

Celtic don't want him.....ha ha ha ha.

Turf Moor calls Roy: play in the mud, get sent off lots, never have to go in the away dressing room at OT, sounds perfect for you.

Uli Hoeness was asked by German tv yesterday if Keanes leaving meant Ballacks departure to Man Yoo was imminent, Hoeness said he was sure Ballack would not be Keanes replacement. When the interviewer then asked if Ballack was going to Real, Hoeness replied 'no comment' unsure.gif

I don't see Keane playing for anyone in the Premiership, mainly because he wouldn't want to go up against his old team. I don't see many of the big European teams wanting him, because they have better alternatives already; Juve have Emerson and Vieria, Bayern have Ballack and Demechilias, Barcelona have Van Bommell and Marquez, Real have Garcia and Gravesen and AC have Gattuso and Pirlo. There's no doubt that at he top of his game, Keane would walk into any of these teams, but not anymore.

The one place that I do see him playing and a team that he has said that he would like to play for is Celtic. He would have to take a big drop in wages, but I'm sure that would be the case wherever he went. I don't see him being disrupted influence, because he would be a new member of the team, not the captain and it wouldn't be 'his' team like United were. A midfield of Petrov Lennon Keane and Nakamura looks pretty good to me and as a Celtic fan I would love to see it happen.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see Keane playing for anyone in the Premiership, mainly because he wouldn't want to go up against his old team. I don't see many of the big European teams wanting

362335[/snapback]

I was going to reply at the time that this is quite an idealistic view of the situation. Regardless of how accurate andy's post is, there's little reason to believe Keane wouldn't play for another Premiership club.

I was going to reply at the time that this is quite an idealistic view of the situation. Regardless of how accurate andy's post is, there's little reason to believe Keane wouldn't play for another Premiership club.

363821[/snapback]

my post is very accurate!

what i am not sure of is whether he left after telling them to shove it or accepting a position, hence the careful wording! And Ladbrokes arent taking any more bets on it according to my mate that has just finished his shift at William Hill. Skybet closed it but have reopened it now at 1/2. Read into that what you will - i'd just say i think an announcement will be made soon. Im not putting my money anywhere mind!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.