BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn R

Guest Vinjay

Looking forward to this one. The league cup probably offers the club's best chance of winning anything bcause as we know our owners seem happy to let the club languish in mid table mediocrity. This is far bigger than the upcoming league games and cup competitions are all we have to look forward too for the forseeable future.

I'm going for an away win probably a closer scoreline than the match at Ewood earlier this month.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah im going, and looking forward to a game that looks far less daunting than it did when the draw was made. Travelling down from my uni here in Stoke-on-Trent (where its currently snowing) for the match and im gonna pay on the gate with London based friends of a friend to help boost our support up. How many tickets have been sold so far, around 500?

2-1 to the Rovers, does anybody know Charlton's policy in this competition. Will it be full strength?

Looking forward to this one. The league cup probably offers the club's best chance of winning anything bcause as we know our owners seem happy to let the club languish in mid table mediocrity. This is far bigger than the upcoming league games and cup competitions are all we have to look forward too for the forseeable future.

363557[/snapback]

withstupid.gif

The game is actually on Wednesday 30th.  I balme the Walkers for getting the date wrong!!

363573[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Edited by pks1984

Just watching Donny Rovers playing Aston Villa. Donny are giving Villa a torrid time and so far are winning 2-0 with just under 30 mins to go biggrin.gif

And Millwall have equalised against THE BIG CLUB tongue.gif

Tonight is really going rather well.................

and it'snot finished yet

3-0 to Donny Rovers.................................. laugh.gif

Edited by roversmum

This should be an excellent game. Both Rovers and Charlton will fancy their chances not just in this game but also getting all the way to the final. We have to, and I am sure Huges will, put out our best side.

My reckoning of the lineup:

Kuqi/Dickov  Bellamy

Pedersen  Savage  Reid  Thompson   

Gray      Nelsen    Todd  Zura

Friedel

Subs:  Encks, Axe, Emerton, Jansen, Kuqi/Dickov/Gresko?

Having Toogs available (even if Charlton couldn't possibly give him as much room as last time) would be a real boost but I am guessing Hughes won't take any chances. I am also assuming Niell won't be fit.

Thompson for Emerton might be a bit harsh, especially as the Aussie was so good against them last time, but Thommo really did look bright (if a little podgy) against arsenal. A real goal threat too if he is on form. Just less of those wayward cross field passes and corners please!

I would expect Jansen to come on after the hour mark sometime. The only other very slight possibility of a change in lineup would be Gresko, if he has impressed in training, maybe getting a sniff. Can't really see it happening though.

2-1 Rovers AET Savage, Thompson

ps. Can anybody see how Bently is going to get into the team? If Hughes was feeling outrageous then I suppose he could come in for Reid as Tugay replacement, but he seems a bit too soft to play in the middle of a 442, especially for Sparky's liking. What are the chances of him being packed off back to Arsenal in the January window?

Edited by joey_big_nose

I think that we might just have too much for them tonight, Charlton are out of form and are there for the taking. The only thing that worries me about tonights game is that we do not have many good memories there in recent years, if i am right i think we haven't won there in at least our last five visits, i may be wrong though.

That aside my money is us.

Charlton 2 -Murphy/Bent

Blackburn 4-Bellamy (3) Pedersen (1)

Anyone remember what happend after we beat Birmingham 4-0 away in PL, then we played them a few weeks later in the Cup. I hope we don't get a replay of that at the Vally.

Charlton 2

Rovers 2

Might well go to penalties this one..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.