SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn R

Guest Vinjay

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the goals, because I just got back from the game (being a London Rover finally pays off!), and a hugely exciting game it was - well, the second half at least.

Thompsons goal was brilliant - can't remember too much about it to be honest except it was a great moment when it hit the top corner. I think Kiely scuffed a clearance and was out of position, it fell to Thompson a fair way out and he hit it into the top corner, with the outside of his boot I think judging by the curl.

Pedersen did well to set up the third, and really I remember few chances other than the five goals, but that was enough to make it one of the most exciting games I've seen.

just got back.

bloody brilliant!!!!!!!

Dont know why we didnt play 442 from the start- kuqi totally changed the game.

dur dur da dur SHEFKI KUQI!!!

Also, good to see a decent sized Rovers support, must have bee at least 800 and we got to sit anywhere in the lower section of our end

Superb result and as was said before when was the last time Rovers have come back from 2-0 down. Hughesy really has got some fire in the bellies? The Rovers of a season or so would have rolled over & died.

57% possession to the Rovers, but the same old Emerton relaced after a lacklustre performance according to sky sports.

Rover V Arsenal next!

What an amazing game - certainly the most exciting I've ever been to. There were so few fans there tonight that people were allowed to sit wherever they wanted - I chose the front row. I bet those who didn't go tonight are kicking themselves.

It sounds stupid, but I can hardly remember the goals as I was just so caught up in celebrating.

For the first, Kuqi slid it under Kiely, the second was an absolute wonder-strike from Thompson and the third was slotted home from fairly close range by Bently.

Hughes exactly the right subs with Thompson and Kuqi both scoring and, Kuqi in particular, having a huge impact on the game.

The secondd half was a real spectacle with the Rovers back four playing virtually at the half way line and reid spreading the ball about really well. Until the 73rd minute, all we lacked was the killer ball.

Really hoping we avoid the big guns in the next round.

Come on Rovers!!

EDIT: oh yeah, and I touched Bentley's arm!

Edited by tcj_jones

Absolutely fantastic, really enjoyed it, possibly best match I've ever been to. Thought it was all over at 2-0 and then we suddenly just started to play. Sorry that I missed a few of you there but phone died and couldn't meet up with Ben and the rest of you. Converted a couple of my friends who I took with me to rovers supporters. At the start they wanted Charlton to win but they seemed just as happy as me when that third goal went in.

Teams left in as well as ourselves:

Doncaster

Arsenal

Birmingham

Wigan

Man United

Middlesbrough

Bolton/Leicester

I'd fancy us to beat any of those teams at home, most of them away too. No Chelsea and Liverpool makes it look a rather weak grouping, with Man U and Arsenal fielding reserve teams.

364106[/snapback]

hope arsenal and man utd get each other like last season. but looking at united's line up, they played a near full strength team last night. looks like RFW has realised that this is their best chance of a trophy this season, so i wouldnt hold out much hope of them putting out a 2nd string for the rest of the competition...

And can we stop talking about Matt Jansen now? He wasn't even on the subs bench, yet a couple of posters on this thread predicted him to play a part tonight... sadly, he really is well and truly finished, and everyone needs to move on. He'll be all right for the rest of his life, don't worry about him.

364103[/snapback]

?

So...because we won and he never played...he's finished? Right...I get it... unsure.gif

Nowhere showed it where I was. Woke up at 6 in the morning before work to check the scores and I was shocked. Even moreso that we came back from 2 down away from home.

I cant even recall the last time we came back from a goal down to win, let along two!

Amazing. Lets hope we avoid United or Arsenal in the next round. Ill take a home tie against any of the other sides.

I left Tokyo early this morning for Bangkok (Via Hong Kong). When I looked, the score was 2-0, so I quickly shut down the computer in case I jinxed us more.

Just got to Hong Kong, turned on the computer and thoroughly frightened the whole of the lounge with my whoop of joy.

Am getting funny looks here now, but I officially DON'T CARE!!!!

Personally, I'd like the "BIG club" at home. Or away. Or if not them, somewhere down South so I can go with minimal disruption would do nicely!

Brilliant result and well done everyone for making this thread such an entertaining read! Of course, I had the benefit of knowing the result.

The press seems to be focussing on Charlton's woes rather than the Rovers' achievement - so when did they become more interesting than us?

Very good news to see three fringe players scoring- the increase in competition for places can only be good. Does the flak Savage received from some quarters mean that Steven Reid had a good game?

On the down side, our defence was described as "sleepy"- was that Todd or has some of the lustre gone from the Admiral?

Whatever, a brilliant result. Would prefer not to be facing Arsenal or Man U next round but whoever we draw home or away is going to be a tough match at this stage. Half the clubs left are Lancastrian so there is a three in seven chance of getting a derby draw to get the pulses racing.

One side point, I clicked on a story about Rovers and found I was reading about Doncaster. Those lads from Donny are doing very well but they've got to remember there's only one Rovers....

Edited by philipl

Went out for a couple last night, flicked teletext on, latest score Charlton 2 Rovers 0. Got round to my mate's and it's now 2-1. About half ten, asked at the bar what final score was and I was told got beaten 2-0. I said, no it must have been 2-1 because I know Rovers pulled one back.

Came down this morning thinking we'd been beaten, teletext showing 2-3. Dear me, they've put wrong score up, thinks I. Not until I go to main headlines and double check does it finally register! biggrin.gif

tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.