BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage Bad Press

Savage is an embarrassment to football. Never mind which club he plays for.

And no, I don't even think there's a decent footballer under the hair, the highlights and the histrionics.

And what are we saying now? Because other players cheat it's alright for one of ours to do the same?

It's always the media being biased/lazy/crap? Turn the record over, for God's sake!

I thought Le Saux was pretty kindly to the idiot by telling him - on national television - to do him and us a favour and cut out the cheating.

Savage is not fit to wear the Blue and White shirt. Full stop.

363761[/snapback]

OK but before you go too far, ask a Brum City fan the main reason they have fallen away so much recently. I guarantee it isn't because of Dunny lad's injury wink.gif By the way I know this because I know quite a few Brum fans and all of them independently have said that although they didn't rate him at the time and that they weren't hugely bothered when he left, they've now realised his absence has been a huge factor for their season so far.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK but before you go too far, ask a Brum City fan the main reason they have fallen away so much recently.  I guarantee it isn't because of Dunny lad's injury  wink.gif  By the way I know this because I know quite a few Brum fans and all of them independently have said that although they didn't rate him at the time and that they weren't hugely bothered when he left, they've now realised his absence has been a huge factor for their season so far.

363808[/snapback]

Yes, but when a player leaves such a big club as Birmin......

I'll get my coat.

Savage is a waste of a space sometimes, he doesn't need to try to get other players sent off even if they do play for the arse...nal.

Sometimes i wonder, "does Savage ever think before he acts?", he obviously doesn't. He can be a good player when he isn't being a total barsteward and he does irritate the opposition which could work to our advantage if he didn't pick up needless bookings.

rover.gif reading the charlton thread,you have fans who went to the match who have differing views off lily's preformance,it's a case off either you like him or hate him,pure black and white, i wonder if a club came in for him in january and gave us virtually our money back would anyone be sad to see him go tinykit.gif

I was at the game yesterday. And he was no worse than the rest of our players- Gray,Nelsen,Todd,Zura,Reid,Emerton,Pedersen and Bently were all totall @#/? last night. Even the introduction of Thompson made no difference at all.(untill he scored his goal of course smile.gif)

It was only untill Shefki Kuqi came on did we look any different.

So stop talking out your arse Waggy. Maybe you dont like Savage (because you believe what the media tell you) so no need to try and convert others who have just as 'good' football knowledge as you that Savage is a bad player

Edited by greggyk

I So stop talking out your arse Waggy. Maybe you dont like Savage (because you believe what the media tell you) so no need to try and convert others who have just as 'good' football knowledge as you that Savage is a bad player

364237[/snapback]

talking out my arse is a speciality off mine,i never let the media sway my thoughts,it looks like half this board talk out there arse,you included tinykit.gif

Half this board do talk out their @rse!

I mean one person slated Savage for the 2nd goal last night, when it was a bad ball from Zurab that was the killer.

I dont think hes the most talented player, but you know if hes in the team there will be an extra buzz about and thats why I think he cant be dropped. Hes the only midfielder who would try and shout the orders out

Half this board do talk out their @rse!

I mean one person slated Savage for the 2nd goal last night, when it was a bad ball from Zurab that was the killer.

364244[/snapback]

And apparently that was from the Radio Lanc commentator- and people actually believe what a commentator tells you??

tut tut

And apparently that was from the Radio Lanc commentator- and people actually believe what a commentator tells you??

tut tut

364247[/snapback]

rover.gif i have seen the goals on tv,and zurab did play a bad ball for the 2nd goal,robbie missed his tackle just like the 1st goal,never robbie's fault ohmy.gif but please tell me the score when he went off and the fianl score tinykit.gif

rover.gif i have seen the goals on tv,and zurab did play a bad ball for the 2nd goal,robbie missed his tackle just like the 1st goal,never robbie's fault ohmy.gif but please tell me the score when he went off and the fianl score tinykit.gif

364251[/snapback]

So that was all Savages fault? As you know football has a habit of throwing special moments up but to blame it on him is pathetic

You really do talk some ###### crap sometimes, it flows like wine

Can I suggest the answer is you are all correct?

1) Savage is one of the best midfielders in the Premiership. The evidence is not only in the Optim and Opta statistics but in the fact that, mysteriously, the best midfields in the country somehow don't get going against Rovers. Arsenal on Saturday being the latest case in point.

2) That said Savage has recently been making mistakes which directly led to goals- all three Arsenal goals involved Savage "failures" if you are being harsh and moaning about a blonde haired mop being close to where the action was. Number 2 came straight from a mis-hit Savage pass. Sounds like one of the Charlton goals was down to Savage as well.

3) Savage does go in for histrionics which are downright embarassing and often stray into the realms of being disgraceful. To what extent this is the nature of the player or simply goes with the territory of putting the opposition's professionals off their game, I don't know, but some of it is pretty nauseating.

I was at the game yesterday. And he was no worse than the rest of our players- Gray,Nelsen,Todd,Zura,Reid,Emerton,Pedersen and Bently were all totall @#/? last night. Even the introduction of Thompson made no difference at all.(untill he scored his goal of course smile.gif)

It was only untill Shefki Kuqi came on did we look any different.

So stop talking out your arse Waggy. Maybe you dont like Savage (because you believe what the media tell you) so no need to try and convert others who have just as 'good' football knowledge as you that Savage is a bad player

364237[/snapback]

Then why did Hughes take him off if he was no worse?

He wasn't injured and he is obviously highly regarded as a central player by Hughes. To take him off that early suggests that Hughes must not of been that happy with him.

Plus (and this is commentary talk but it is all I have...) Reid was supposed to have a good game.

Savage didn't have a great game last night, but then, as has already been pointed out, neither did the majority of players in blue n white - but the thing with Sav is that even when he isn't having a great game he still gives 100% and never goes missing which is all you can ask.

I took a non-rovers supporting mate with me last night and he was completely baffled as to why Savage had been taken off.

Personally I believe that he was taken off because he is the deeper of the two midfielders when Reid plays and Hughes at that point was looking to go gung-ho all-out attack for the last 15 minutes so it makes sense to take off your defensive midfielder.

Also, as an aside, at one point last night Bellamy took a fairly clear dive in the penalty area to try and win us a penalty and then later on picked up a yellow card for dissent - funny I haven't seen any posts demanding him removed from the team or calling him an embarrassment to the club. But then he doesn't have long blonde hair does he?

• 3 weeks later...
Can't disagree with a single word Simon Garner has to say on the subject of Robbie Savage - it's what a few of us have been saying since he signed.

Concentrate on the actual football on the pitch and cut out the crap!!

Garns in the LET

368742[/snapback]

Tris - To be fair, Savage and Hughes have already made comments. I think these were released earlier today, before Garner's article

Hughes on Savage

Savage on the incident

Edited by AussieinUk

Unfortunately though, AinUK, noone who has seen the TV pics will care what Savage has said in the press since Wednesday. Those pictures stick in the mind.

His reactions on the pitch at the Riverside were almost a carbon copy of his reactions on the pitch at Highbury. So the pictures stick in the mind even more, because we see it from him too often.

Rovers have been portrayed very badly in recent times by a highly biased press. Savage is simply giving them more bullets to shoot us with - and he really doesn't need to do that.

He's (finally) beginning to show what a valuable player he can be in the centre of midfield, but he's spoiling it by play acting - it's just wrong. It's cheating.

When we see that sort of thing against us - or as neutrals - we deplore it. Savage is adding to the bad press which means that we're now seen as a team for neutrals to hate rather than a team for neutrals to get behind.

At lunch today, opinion around the table was that the ideal CC final would be Wigan v Man Utd. Because of the "dirty Rovers" tag and because of Robbie Savage.

The same people a couple of years back loved Rovers to bits - we played great football against big sides (Arsenal, Celtic - in the same week), and beat Spurs to this same cup.

We'll never get those opinions back until Savage sticks to the football and keeps his head down, and that would also help Rovers to shed the "dirty" image because one of the main supposed culprits would be less in the limelight.

I am not a Savage fan but I can imagine he will be motivated to get a winner's medal again-I think he won one at Leicester.

There was also an interesting interview with him on Radio Lancs since the win at Boro in which he said being dropped him had done him a world of good and that they were finding him a better position within the team whereby he could play further forward and use his energy to better effect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.