BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan (a)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not doing a daily update of ticket sales, its a waste of my time and a waste of the ticket office staff who I keep having to bug.

Yesterday, as I posted here and on the official messageboard 1600+ had been sold, it'll increase further when it goes on open sale, but I personally can't see us selling 5000.

I think around the 3500 would be more likely. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Edited by Lee

I'm not doing a daily update of ticket sales, its a waste of my time and a waste of the ticket office staff who I keep having to bug.

366962[/snapback]

Oww, dont be a spoil sport Lee tongue.gif . Everyone loves to see how ticket sales are going for matches! tinykit.gif

I don't know Den, I reckon we could sell out for this one, it's only half an hour away so people can still go out early no problem.

I rang up for my tickets this morning (first away match this season ( sad.gif ) but I forgot to ask how many we'd sold, which is typical if you ask me. The very helpful lady at the office should have asked if I'd wanted to know, but looking back, she had no intention of asking me. Clearly the blue and white blanket of secrecy that smothers Ewood Park shows no signs of being taken to the launderette just yet.

Any news Lee?

Bob knows where I live, I'm nervous.

367023[/snapback]

Don't be nervous, just provide us with updates on the hour, every hour, in fact make it hourly, until we've sold out.

Shouldn't there be some sort of real time "clock" on the official site? How's about an elctronic sign on the outside of the Blackburn End (viewable from the main road) stating how many are left?

Lets go crazy, it could also tell everyone when the next game is, that sort of thing. Sure they'll be a few more road accidents on Bolton Road as people will be looking when they drive past but if we get the gate up it'll be well worth it.

Edited by bob fleming

Don't be nervous, just provide us with updates on the hour, every hour, in fact make it hourly, until we've sold out.

Shouldn't there be some sort of real time "clock" on the official site? How's about an elctronic sign on the outside of the Blackburn End (viewable from the main road) stating how many are left?

367025[/snapback]

Now we're getting somewhere! tongue.gif

Where in relation to the ground is the train station in wigan

367032[/snapback]

There are two stations - Wigan Wallgate is pretty much at ground level but Wigan North Western is quite elevated and looks down on Wallgate from above - perhaps it's on stilts or something.

There are two stations - Wigan Wallgate is pretty much at ground level but Wigan North Western is quite elevated and looks down on Wallgate from above - perhaps it's on stilts or something.

367036[/snapback]

I believe it is on a structure made from empty pie crates.

I am unformed (however reliably) that there is no train works on New Years Eve, but there is on New Years Day.

Yesterday, as I posted here and on the official messageboard 1600+ had been sold, it'll increase further when it goes on open sale, but I personally can't see us selling 5000.

I think around the 3500 would be more likely. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

366962[/snapback]

Good news back at the end of next week for xmas. Going sunderland match and was beginning to think I wouldn't get a ticket for wigan.

Being rather cautious on such a subject in the past, (Celtic and bumley away ph34r.gif ), I’m going out on a limb and saying we'll DEFINATLY sell out for this one.

Everyone I know is going and I couldn't even say that for either of the games mentioned above, in fact I couldn't even say that for the semi final last season.

Get your tickets early of be disappointed chaps.

hopefully there will be some tickets left on fri afternoon as i am at a funeral in the morning. i havent missed an away game this season and work are trying to make me work boxing day and new years but they know where to stick it lol

Where in relation to the ground is the train station in wigan

367032[/snapback]

The station is about a 10 - 15 minute walk away from the ground. And it is pretty straight forward as you stay on the same path until you get to the asda at robin park then you just walk past all the shops and you cant miss the ground. I wouldn't advise anyone to try and get there by walking down the canal as its just as long and you might find youself bumping into a few nasty pie eaters. (We did the last time we played them in the friendly a few years back)

I cant wait for this game as it might finally shut all the Wigan fans I know up as I have took enough stick of them since August. And plus its only a 60p bus ride away from my house tongue.gif Come on Rovers tinykit.gif

Unfortunately I live in Wigan and I must advise you to forget about the night out....Its a right load of crap...Seriously.....Blackburns a better bet......Bet you never thought you'd hear that!!!!

363934[/snapback]

In the land of the blind.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.