BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan (a)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is it about Wigan? I've known for months, even before the fixtures were announced, we would be going. Unless something happens in one of the cups this will be our only away trip of the season. Back in my youth it was always Wigan struggling for election to the league. 34 attempts I think it took them and I always had half an eye on their results.

Would 3000+ travel if it wasn't NYE? Is just because it's close? The Dave Whelan factor? In some ways a similar club to Rovers, is this the answer? I can't say I know the reason but the Wigan games are the two I'm most looking forward to this season.

it would be one hell of a convoy!!

368697[/snapback]

oh aye it would see a family all on one bike and just think how much services would make because off people stopping for water.

Need to get a new bike motorway or make a lane just for bikes tongue.gif

A victory today should help shift a few more, if we can't sell 5000 for a game 20 minutes away on a bank holiday we should pack it all in.

369363[/snapback]

Gav, with all due respect, typical overstatement. As I understand it you've not been able to go to so many away games recently. (I haven't been able to either although this season I've seen all bar Citeh on dodgy foreign Telly) So really it ill begets either of us to criticise levels of away support.

This game was always going to sell out. Despite Grooby's equally predictable pessimistic assertion it wouldn't. wink.gif

So let's just enjoy the day. And hopefully the result. thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.