BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan (a)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gav, with all due respect, typical overstatement. As I understand it you've not been able to go to so many away games recently. (I haven't been able to either  although this season I've seen all bar Citeh on dodgy foreign Telly) So really it ill begets either of us to criticise levels of away support.

This game was always going to sell out. Despite Grooby's equally predictable pessimistic assertion it wouldn't.  wink.gif

So let's just enjoy the day. And hopefully the result.  thumbs-up.gif

369841[/snapback]

Have you had a bad day Rev biggrin.gif

The tickets are all but sold out pal so as you say lets just enjoy the day.

When was the last time we took 5000 away for a league game?

I tried to get a ticket this morning. They wanted me to pick it up. Unfortunately the "not-drongos" I usually speak to in the ticket office are on holiday so I had to speak to their stupid cousins. This meant that they wouldn't be sensible or think up any clever ways to get the ticket to me- as the others would have done. (Like I'm going to go all the way from London to Blackburn and then down to Wigan again!)

So I called Wigan and got one of theirs. So that's one more Rovers supporter in the ground, albeit sitting on her hands and saying nothing during the game!!

''This meant that they wouldn't be sensible or think up any clever ways to get the ticket to me- as the others would have done. (Like I'm going to go all the way from London to Blackburn and then down to Wigan again!)''

PLEASE tell me you are taking the p1ss right!!! unsure.gif

Did you want the ticket teleporting to you?..... 'beam us up jan'user posted image

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I tried to get a ticket this morning.  They wanted me to pick it up.  Unfortunately the "not-drongos" I usually speak to in the ticket office are on holiday so I had to speak to their stupid cousins.  This meant that they wouldn't be sensible or think up any clever ways to get the ticket to me- as the others would have done.  (Like I'm going to go all the way from London to Blackburn and then down to Wigan again!)

So I called Wigan and got one of theirs.  So that's one more Rovers supporter in the ground, albeit sitting on her hands and saying nothing during the game!!

370018[/snapback]

wish i had known...I have a spare going

I tried to get a ticket this morning.  They wanted me to pick it up.  Unfortunately the "not-drongos" I usually speak to in the ticket office are on holiday so I had to speak to their stupid cousins.  This meant that they wouldn't be sensible or think up any clever ways to get the ticket to me- as the others would have done.  (Like I'm going to go all the way from London to Blackburn and then down to Wigan again!)

So I called Wigan and got one of theirs.  So that's one more Rovers supporter in the ground, albeit sitting on her hands and saying nothing during the game!!

370018[/snapback]

Stunning, I'm truely shocked John Williams himself hasn't driven to London and delivered your ticket in person.

The stuff I'm reading on this board tonight is quite unbelievable.

Stunning, I'm truley shocked John Williams himself hasn't driven to London and delivered your ticket in person.

The stuff I'm reading on this board tonight is quite unbelievable.

370062[/snapback]

Agreed Paul, what exactly can the club do a day before the game? The club would have done their upmost if their was enough time, talk about the modern football fan being spoilt.

Stunning, I'm truley shocked John Williams himself hasn't driven to London and delivered your ticket in person.

370062[/snapback]

He could have faxed it. Probably The Walker family refuse to invest in a fax machine.

Actually, every single time I've done something daft like leave it late to get a ticket, they've managed to get one to me (even when I've called the day before games in the afternoon). However, my usual contacts weren't there, and I got a useless jobsworth.

I just hoped that like their colleagues this dolt would "think outside the box". She didn't. I did. End of.

Actually, every single time I've done something daft like leave it late to get a ticket, they've managed to get one to me  (even when I've called the day before games in the afternoon).  However, my usual contacts weren't there, and I got a useless jobsworth. 

I just hoped that like their colleagues this dolt would "think outside the box".  She didn't.  I did.  End of.

370113[/snapback]

It's clearly not a very big box you're thinking outside of withstupid.gif

However, my usual contacts weren't there, and I got a useless jobsworth. 

I just hoped that like their colleagues this dolt would "think outside the box".  She didn't.  I did.  End of.

370113[/snapback]

Did you not try the old stand by of "do you not know who I am?" or maybe you could have tried telling the person in the ticket office they were a useless jobsworth and a dolt. Both approaches would no doubt have worked a treat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.