BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Come Back Dunny

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin Lets have a Poll.I for one want David Dunn back.

367548[/snapback]

Doubt we could afford him but if we could I'd much rather spend it on Bowyer who according to the mail wants away from Newcastle. Covers lots more ground than Dunny, defends and tracks back far better, isn't as creative but weighs in with as many if not more goals and is rarely injured. And he appears to hate losing with a vengeance and possess a tough streak which means he's more like MH's type of player. The mail goes on to suggest that Charlton are the favourites though. sad.gif

Dunn is at his natural level these days.

A sh.it player at a sh.it club with a sh.it manager.

Come back to us?

No thankyou.

367545[/snapback]

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Dunny is my hero and i want him to come back to Rovers more than anything else. He looked bafled by Bruce's tactics yesterday let's hope he's had enough and come's back home where he belongs. tinykit.gif

Dunny is my hero and i want him to come back to Rovers more than anything else. He

367578[/snapback]

Just a bit of advice, don't take it personal. You would do better not to choose a professional footballer as a hero. In fact, you would need to apply good judgement when deciding on elevating to hero status, anyone you didn't know personally. I am assuming you don't know Dunn of course.

Edited by Shaddy

I wouldn`t be upset if Dunny came 'home'. I`d love to see a Rovers tinykit.gif team full of local lads...who wouldn`t? huh.gif

....but if i was Mr Hughes, i`d insist on a "prove yourself" contract. Not just throw buckets of cash at an injury prone player. Do a good job for us & earn yourself a payrise.

....but if i was Mr Hughes, i`d insist on a "prove yourself" contract. Not just throw buckets of cash at an injury prone player. Do a good job for us & earn yourself a payrise.

367617[/snapback]

That sort of offer is likely to tempt him back and no mistake. rolleyes.gif

That sort of offer is likely to tempt him back and no mistake. rolleyes.gif

367658[/snapback]

So, what would you rather us do? Throw money at the situation? huh.gif

...That`s been done before.

If Dunny wanted to come back to the Rovers tinykit.gif he says he loves so much, after a rather unsuccesful spell at the 'big' club....(& if he`s still got confidence in his own ability) then he`d accept a 'prove yourself contract. If he doesn`t, then tough titty for him. Stay where you are, collect your big wages & end up playing in the championship until they forcibly sell you to someone you don`t want to play for. sad.gif

...it`d be no skin off my nose.

this is a well bad sticky situation.

dunny can't turn around and say to mr big nose bruce i wanna go home when we have not even placed an offer as far as i know anyway.

if he said that and we didn't go in for him he would be ######.

Wot he could say to the papers is he would love to come back and play for blackburn one day?? and one day he may biggrin.gif

So, what would you rather us do? Throw money at the situation? huh.gif

...That`s been done before.

If Dunny wanted to come back to the Rovers  tinykit.gif he says he loves so much, after a rather unsuccesful spell at the 'big' club....(& if he`s still got confidence in his own ability) then he`d accept a 'prove yourself contract. If he doesn`t, then tough titty for him. Stay where you are, collect your big wages & end up playing in the championship until they forcibly sell you to someone you don`t want to play for. sad.gif

...it`d be no skin off my nose.

367688[/snapback]

He's a professional player. Like any other he will go to the highest bidder until he is past his sell by date. The thought of a contract which contains the proviso 'Come home and prove yourself and we will pay you accordingly. Honest we will' will horrify both him and his agent. I dont know what you do but would you move jobs on that proviso?

Forget origins, prodigals, accents and local hero stuff, players can and should only be judged on their ability, fitness and usefulness to the side at any given time.

Forget origins, prodigals, accents and local hero stuff, players can and should only be judged on their ability, fitness and usefulness to the side at any given time.

OK, let`s look at your quote:-

should only be judged on their ability...Dunny has ability, but has played way below his capabilities for a couple of years now.

Fitness...How many games has Dunn Played since he left Rovers? & how many games has he missed due to injury? I`ll bet he`s missed more than he`s played.

Usefulness... How 'useful' can a player be when he hardly ever plays?

You`re right! thumbs-up.gif Let`s give him a 5year deal on 30grand a week...just so he`ll come 'home'.......& let the next manager be lumbered with him on the wage bill. smile.gif

Have I missed something? How many times do I have to say that I don't want him back cletus? Surely I've made that quite clear?

It's you that wants him to return isn't it? The point that I am making is that he will not come on such flimsy terms. He would be a fool as some other team would always be in position to stump up the going rate.

It's you that wants him to return isn't it? The point that I am making is that he will not come on such flimsy terms. He would be a fool as some other team would always be in position to stump up the going rate.

I actually said....

I wouldn`t be upset if Dunny came 'home'. I`d love to see a Rovers  team full of local lads...who wouldn`t? 

....which i think is a totally acceptable standpoint, given that Dunn has hardly set the premiership on fire since he left us.

Granted, he may get a better offer from elsewhere, but most other teams are in a similar financial position to BRFC tinykit.gif (except the BIG clubs & Wigan) so i doubt the cup will overfloweth with better offers (i may be wrong). If i am wrong & Dunn goes where the money is, then good luck to him!

I`m not having a go, i was merely stating that gone are the days when Rovers can throw good money at a player with a dodgy fitness record.

If he 'wanted' to come home & felt like he had something to prove, then he`s have to accept Blackburns terms....if not, see ya later.

(p.s...all this is hypothetical, seeing as Mark Hughes has never commented on the situation thumbs-up.gif )

I don't think that anyone can deny that Dunny coming back would have a positive impact on the Rovers merchandise department. He is a hero to many fans, almost every Rovers shirt had 'DUNN' on the back when he was at the club. And as another subject on the messageboard tells us... we need a hero!

Surely the impact that Dunny can have on sales alone would offset some of the risk involved in wages by bringing him 'home'???

People will still only buy 1 shirt surely? Whether Dunn or Sav / Bellamy / Neil is on the back is largely irrelevent to the financial fortunes of BRFC.

I know some supporters will buy another shirt, prob the away one, with Dunnes name on the back but I hardly expect a sell out situation should it happen.

What I'm saying is Dunny coming back would rekindle many of the more fickle Rovers fans interest in the club. Meaning more ticket sales, shirt sales, programme sales, pie sales, beer sales, hotdog sales, lottery sales etc. More interest and bigger crowds mean Rovers can get bigger and better sponsorship deals and make more money through corporate packages.

The benefits to Rovers are not just a few more shirt sales, this was one example amongst many!

when kenny dalglish took over rovers, what did he do? immediately he started bringing back fans favourites etc etc. chris price, colin hendry to name but a few. dunny coming home in a sense means more than them two blokes coming back because he is a blackburn lad through and through. blackburn rovers are the club that dunny wants to play for more than anyother in the country!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.