BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy Out Injured

Just a quick thought...will this make us step up any potential efforts to sign McCarthy or someone of that quality?  I hope so.

365802[/snapback]

Possibly, but probably not I would have thought. If rumours are to be believed, Bellamy will be nearing fitness when the transfer window comes along anyway.

I would personally give Kuqi and Gallagher a go with perhaps Jansen and Dickov on the bench. Our striking options are poor, but the Kuqi/Galli partnership is untried and has the possibility of a little man big man partnership that could strike off. But then again I doubt it.

How gutting is it to see Andy Cole performing out of his skin for City now?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But on the brighter side, Amoruso is having an ankle operation and will be out for at least a month.

WHY did this make it onto Sky sports news yet Bellamy didn't?

365794[/snapback]

gladGLAD YOU THINK SOMEONE HAVING AN OP IS GOOD....STU;PID WOMAN!!!!

Bellamy has only been back to full %100 fitness for about a week. To get injured again is sickening. Still, lets stay postive lads we can still win games. To be fair bellers has missed a hatful of chances recently.............

Screw it, i cant put a positive light on it, WE'RE DOOMED!

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Is this definatley true about Bellamt though? BBC, Sky and the official site haven't got anything on about it.

365815[/snapback]

I think the club will wait to see what the scan reveals before saying anything. The story has come from a LET "exclusive".

It sounds like Andy Neild has seen Bellamy coming off the training ground with his leg strapped up.

Full report here, although there are no quotes from Rovers

Strangely, there is no mention of Bellamy being injured on the Press Association wires.

If true it will be back to basics for Hughes over the next month with a packed five-man midfield and trying to eke out draws where we can. I'd be happy with a 1-1 with West Ham for a start.

Edited by jim mk2

Strangely, there is no mention of Bellamy being injured on the Press Association wires.

If true it will be back to basics for Hughes over the next month with a packed five-man midfield and trying to eke out draws where we can. I'd be happy with a 1-1 with West Ham for a start.

365827[/snapback]

Of course you'd be happy jim, you'd have something to moan about then biggrin.gif

365827[/snapback]

Agree with Jim to a certain extent, certainly away from home. Losing Bellamy is a huge blow. He's potentially the difference between us finishing bottom 6 or top 6, he's that important.

We can probably still play 4-4-2 at home, although nowhere near as effectively, but away from home it's dogs of war time again. Time to get Mokoena back in there and hope that we can get enough points to keep us ticking over until Bellamy's back.

We can probably still play 4-4-2 at home, although nowhere near as effectively, but away from home it's dogs of war time again.  Time to get Mokoena back in there and hope that we can get enough points to keep us ticking over until Bellamy's back.

365848[/snapback]

I've no problem with that at all. With Kuqi we are a bit better placed at that than we were last year with just the small of stature Dickov struggling manfully away up front on his own. In fact Hughes may well have elected to play 4-5-1 more often this season but for Bellamy's total unsuitability to such a formation.

Dont forget we got banjaxed at Upton Park with Bellamy playing the full 90 mins.

disappointed to see bellamy injured and out till mid jan................. sad.gif

But its even more disappointing to see so many people thinking that Rovers can't survive without him................. dry.gif

its bad news BUT its definetly not DOOM day ............... i believe the current squad still have the ability to climb the premiership table with or without bellamy.

Why don't those moaning about vinjay just stick him on ignore? The guy is a windup merchant. Either ignore him or laugh at him.

Hopefully Kuqi up front then, bustling about to set up chances for others and force mistakes out of hassled defenders. Won't be pretty then... ph34r.gif

365860[/snapback]

Because whole threads like this one become spoilt due to his nonsense. You can ignore him but then wade through the pages of responses to him from people who get riled by him. It's far easier to just remove the WUM.

Is it just me but as far as I am concerned, Bellamy will be playing tomorrow until I hear officially otherwise.

Bellamy could have been wearing anything on his leg for any reason. Seems strange that nothing has been said apart from this ''so-called swoop'' by the guy at the LET.

He could be well off the mark.

On reflection, is it such bad news?

Obviously, we are not as effective a team without Bellamy. However, Hughes is keen to give Bentley a chance as a second forward, and with a target man alongside him, he may start showing why he was so highly rated in his early days.

I think whether we cope with Bellamy's supposed injury all depends on whether Bentley takes things by the scruff of the neck and establishes himself as a Premiership standard midfield/forward.

Just STOP!

I seem to remember six goals we scored against a decent footballing side (Charlton) plus other games where Bellamy hasn't been on the scoresheet.. so just stop panicking. The fact is, if Rovers continue to play passing football (Moyes called us 'the best passing side in the division) and create chances, then we have the players who are capable of converting them into goals.

So, lets see how Hughesy shuffles his pack and what we can do without the short tatooed one. It is better that the team can continue to work as a team than become reliant on a single talisman, bereft of ideas when that talisman is unavailable.

Go for it Rovers.

tinykit.gif

You can ignore him but then wade through the pages of responses to him from people who get riled by him. 

365863[/snapback]

Yes exactly my point...if other people stopped responding to him then the threads wouldn't be ruined. Most of the points he raises are not worth the effort of a reply anyway.

Just STOP!

I seem to remember six goals we scored against a decent footballing side (Charlton) plus other games where Bellamy hasn't been on the scoresheet.. so just stop panicking. The fact is, if Rovers continue to play passing football (Moyes called us 'the best passing side in the division) and create chances, then we have the players who are capable of converting them into goals.

So, lets see how Hughesy shuffles his pack and what we can do without the short tatooed one. It is better that the team can continue to work as a team than become reliant on a single talisman, bereft of ideas when that talisman is unavailable.

Go for it Rovers.

tinykit.gif

365875[/snapback]

To an extent I agree - but I think part of the reason that other players have looked so good is that defenses are scared of Bellamys pace and adjust accordingly. Also any midfield player will tell you that you need the forward to make good runs - which Bellamy is excellent. This is a huge loss - where we need Kuqi to step up - in the final pre-season game he looked excellent - if he can start repeating that form more regularly we could be alright. I am just hoping that this forces the board to give MH the money for our McCarthy (we can but hope)

Most of the points he raises are not worth the effort of a reply anyway.

365879[/snapback]

Surely you mean the one point he raises? Still as least he's keeping himself amused.

As for Bellamy being injured, any way you look at it it's bad news. He's streets ahead of any of the others. Let's just hope Dickov and Kuqi can do the business.

As this still hasn't been reported anyway other than the LET (presumably The Times got their story from there as well - surely SSN would have reported it by now?) I'm still hoping that this is all a pre Christmas prank to wind them up and that there's actually nothing wrong with him.

Nah sad.gif

Edited by bob fleming

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.