SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham 2-1 Rovers

colin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bentley's not playing upfront and isn't worth a place in any premiership side but for  some reason is idolised by Hughes and must remain in the side when it is blatantly obivous he isn't good enough. He couldn't get anywhere near the Norwich side last year and doesn't look to have improved at all. Why not start Kuqi at least he puts hmself about and causes problems.

367472[/snapback]

Yes he is. He has been for weeks. I dont think he should be, but there you go.

From reading two match reports, it seems that Todd was at fault for Fulham's opener and our defending was attrocious for the second.

Emerton contender for miss of the season and MGP hit the bar twice.

We need Hughes to get us tight at the back again.

From reading two match reports, it seems that Todd was at fault for Fulham's opener and our defending was attrocious for the second.

367482[/snapback]

Sort of the same as the everton game where MGP missed 2 sitters which would have changed the game. Awful result, only made slightly better by the fact the birmingham are 1-0 down within 1 minute!

I hope to god bellers and nelsen are back on boxing day or we could be sinking faster than the titanic! sad.gif

Problems at both ends again. We're giving away soft goals on the average of two a game - that can be sorted though.

At the other end we have one premiership quality striker in the club. Kuqi, Dickov and Gally are all championship strikers. Rovers simply must sort this out if we are to move forward.

367482[/snapback]

Thing is mate the only way we can do that is by playing our boring 4-5-1 with Moko in front of the back four. If were without Neil, Dickov, Nelsen and Bllers for Boro in midweek then were going to get spanked.

"Teams can get by continually wasting chances in the Championship but not in the prem!"

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet but thats something that I said to my mate after 10 minutes against Everton, at half time v Newcastle and to my brother-in-law after 35 minutes today.

sad.gifmad.gif

This is true Theno. But you know we dont really create any decent chances until we fall behind. Its like "oh were 1-0 down now, better pull me socks up". We need to get in there from the off. Granted I cant really comment on todays game as I wasnt there, but from what I've heard it sounds like a similar scenario.

At the other end we have one premiership quality striker in the club. Kuqi, Dickov and Gally are all championship strikers. Rovers simply must sort this out if we are to move forward.

367489[/snapback]

I think the strikers are the only positive thing at the moment, Dickov apparently nearly saving the day again in stoppage time. Having said that, Dickov and Bentley/Kuqi are really only the equivalent of one good prem standard striker. Add in the usual no impact from Emerton and a fitful MGP, and we're playing at the moment with 8.5 players.

6 goals shipped against Everton, Fulham and West Ham is appalling, giving us no chance to accumulate points.

Paul Gallagher should be recalled in January. He's bang on form and has shown versatility to excel on the wings or up front for the Potters (2 goals today).

I'm not saying he's going to be the saviour or anything silly like that but he seems to have refound the form that got him into the first team squad when he was 17/18 and we desperately need a decent goal threat to compliment/replace Bellamy. Alternatively, he could replace Emerton on the wings.

Having said that, our defence seems to be our biggest problem right now. Gally can't play centre half can he... ph34r.gif

Edited by rover6

On another forum I post on, a Fulham-supporting acquaintance thought MGP was our best player by a mile! His other remark was...."hes ******* outstanding at crossing the ball! He was also unlucky with the free kick that hit the bar."

Rubbish Emerton, not only does he frustrate every single match but he had an open goal with a header that went wide. Had he scored we wouldve been 1-0 up, and I couldve seen us coming through.

He missed one more good chance as well.

Wasnt meant to be. Not much between the sides. In fact, Id say we had the better chances.

Friedel shouldve done better off the first as well.

I firmly believe without Bellamy we pose much less of a threat especially psychologically.

We will finish mid-table this season, unless we sign one or two players, a striker comes to mind.

What a frustrating afternoon.

We should have won this. We had enough chances. Emerton's sitter a couple of minutes before they took the lead set the tone. Dont get me wrong, I dont think we played well. But we did more than enough.

A few players to pick out:

Dickov played well in the second half. He won several free kicks, ran down the channels beating the offside flag several times, forced one good save from Crossley and had another narrowly go wide, both in the last 10minutes of the game.

Bentley showed some good touches but doesn't influence the game enough for me. I am not convinced about him.

Emerton continues to flatter to deceive.

MGP was fitful. A few moments but nothing sustained. Not as good as last season. He looked like he limped off to the dressing room.

Todd also a little wooden at times. On this form, not the same player as last year.

Tugay again flitted in and out. He still has so much vision, so much time on the ball but he seemed to be directing play from very deep.

The linesman on the same side as the team benches was awful. His good decisions were very late. One which stopped Dickov in his tracks after he'd rounded the keeper, nearly missed Chrstimas. Sadly, this chap who looked like Gen Sir Michael Jackson, the chap who runs the army with the baggy eyes, delivered too many bad decisions, both for them and us.

Two of their players stood out for me - Boa Morte and Papa thingy.

All in all, frustrating.

You really are taking the p1ss right?  huh.gif

367488[/snapback]

Not at all. Bentley has the touch of a class player. He makes some nice runs accross the box that arn't always spotted by the likes of Savage and generally looks like he has an eye for a smart pass. He's a little light-weight at the moment but I'd rather have him start than Kuqi.

Kuqi gives his all but he's not a Premiership footballer in any way shape or form. Its plain to see. I'm all for throwing him on with twenty minutes to go to cause abit of panic but if we started with him every week I'd be pretty dissapointed.

Back from the game, and certainly Rovers could have easily took something.

First 30mins were pretty boring then Emerton(who did actually play quite well) missed a sitter. You wont believe how easy it was untill you see it. Any other player- and it would have gone in, but Emo just cant head.

I thought Savage and Dickov were our best players today, while Lucas Neill and Gray were pretty poor. Tugay also had his invisible friend with him sometimes too!!

On another day, Rovers would have won 3-2 IMO. Also, that linesman!!!!!?

whoops I missed off the "g" USELESS!!!!

But credit to the Rovers fans(must have been close to 2,000 of us) who were all behind every single player till the very end which i feel made the players never give up. Which is a reason why with this team, wont go down for quite sometime.

Ratings:

Friedel 7 made a good save from a Fulham player at 0-0

Neill- 5.5- Very poor first half as he kept trying to be too clever and lost the ball soo many times

Todd- 6- Alright

Zura-7- looked very cool on the ball and played some good passes from the back

Gray-6- Got caught out of position many times, and but some ###### in the box with his crosses

Emerton-7- Looked a threat for most of the game. Players still not passing to him at the right times IMO

Tugay-6- tried to be too clever

Savage- 8- Was great today. Nver gave up and won so many balls it was untrue. Also played a few very good passes going forward

Pedersen-6- Did nothing during the game, but his set pieces were back to his best

Dickov-8- Very good second half, caused Fulhams defence all sorts of problems.If only Bellamy was up front with him

Bentley-6- A few good runs, but thats all really.Doesnt look like a striker to me!

p.s PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE= Start Kuqi Mr.Hughes. Whats this rubbish about him not being good enough to start. Maybe if he did, we would be going behind in games so often.

Todds back - GREAT !

As for our defensive worries my patience and i hope Hughesy patience has run out with Micheal Gray a complete waster looks pretty but does nothing - Gray out.... Matteo back!

Tugay and Savage proved today the ideal away day soft centered ponces that Rovers fans dont want them to be, we certainly look like we have to be a different team or play with a different system for away games.

If Hughes doesnt bring in a quality striker come January, then its mid table mediocrity for Rovers.

We cant expect more fans to come through the turnstiles with away day capers like these, have Rovers been affected by the medias portrayal of the bully boy tag because thats what i want to see them regain instead of this pretty boy soft lad football.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.