BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers So Called Club Shop. Problems Anyone?

Sad old so and so that I am I can furnish you all with statistics which tend to dismiss the suggestion there is a lack of Rovers related stock in SWI.

Dump bins - 9 Rovers, 9 other products

Wall space (excluding footwear) - 90% Rovers 10% other

Display racks - 7 Rovers, 13 others of which 7 were Lonsdale

Display pillars - 2 Rovers, 1 others

Having spent more than hour hanging around for the film crew from JBFN I found this was one way to occupy my time!

In all seriousness I looked very closely and estimate 80% of the product in-store, excluding footwear, is Rovers related. There is everything from key rings to the full strip. The problem is none of it is very imaginative and I could not have bought a Christmas present, there was literally nothing I would have bought, other than a shirt

Only one item I looked at was 100% cotton, the rest were at least 65% acrylic or polyester. Of course this is what you get if you want cheap clothing.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

After I had got my United Carling cup tickets this morning I went in the club shop for a rovers scarf (a normal aquisition for a Rovers fan in the middle of winter).The assisistant informed me that they hadn't got any so I said I would like a Rovers calender "Non left" was the reply. Not wishing to go home without buying anything my wife said she would get a Rovers wooly hat "We have plenty of other makes but not Rovers" said the assistant , we left immediately.

Following our last promotion ( the one in which we hammered our friends from Burnley twice) I went to the club shop to buy my son a video of the season for Christmas. After queueing for ages I got to the front to be told they had sold out, fair enough, "when are you getting some more in" I asked. The answer was "We aren't " this was in the October following a season in which we had just been promoted and interest in the club was on the way up again.

When I persisted and asked to see the manager I was told no more copies were being made because of a wrangle over copyright concerning the late Jack Walkers estate????????????????

We must have been the only club in the whole of the football league where you couldn't buy a video of the previous season.

After that I've hardly bothered with the shop again, most of the merchandise is just tat anyway.

We're a Premier League club with a corner shop mentality.

P.S. Can anybody out there throw any light on why that particular video was deleted so quickly, or better still sell me a copy ?

I was looking to get a name and number on the back of my shirt! The prices are ridiculous!

Letters= £1 each

Numbers = £5 each

Therefore

1. Friedel = £12

2. Neill = £10

3. Khizanishvilli = £ 19 (Same price as another shirt)

4. Todd = £9

5. Flitcroft = £14

6. Nelsen = £11

7. Emerton = £12

8. Savage = £11

9. Kuqi = £9

10. Dickov = £16

11. Bellamy = £17

12. Pedersen = £18

13. Enckleman = £19 (Same as another shirt)

14. Reid = £14

15. Mokoena = £17

16. Tugay = £15

17. Jansen = £16

18. Gresko = £16

19. Thompson = £18

20. Gallagher = £19 (Same as another shirt)

21. Matteo = £16

29. Bentley = £17

33. Gray = £14

I think the Letters and numbers prices are the same everywhere and controlled by the FA.

369995[/snapback]

They aren't the same everywhere, but most places are quite expensive. At the start of the season there was the promotion at JJB of any name and number for £10. BUt you had to have bought the shirt from JJB. I asked about what it would cost otherwise and the full price is £6 a number and £1.50 a letter!!!!!

I remember marigold's in chorley used to charge £1 a number and 30p a letter smile.gif

Edited by cn174

I was looking to get a name and number on the back of my shirt! The prices are ridiculous!

Letters= £1 each

Numbers = £5 each

369973[/snapback]

errrrr.........it's actually £4 per number and £1 per letter. I was in there today and got Tugay 16 for £13. I agree it's still a very high price for names and numbers though.

Letters= £1 each

Numbers = £5 each

Therefore

1. Friedel = £12

2. Neill = £10

3. Khizanishvilli = £ 19 (Same price as another shirt)

4. Todd = £9

5. Flitcroft = £14

6. Nelsen = £11

7. Emerton = £12

8. Savage = £11

9. Kuqi = £9

10. Dickov = £16

11. Bellamy = £17

12. Pedersen = £18

13. Enckleman = £19 (Same as another shirt)

14. Reid = £14

15. Mokoena = £17

16. Tugay = £15

17. Jansen = £16

18. Gresko = £16

19. Thompson = £18

20. Gallagher = £19 (Same as another shirt)

21. Matteo = £16

29. Bentley = £17

33. Gray = £14

369973[/snapback]

Then don't buy 'em!

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.