BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers So Called Club Shop. Problems Anyone?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange as i went in before the Man United away Semi final and bought a scarf - that day they had plenty for sale.

Went to the club shop the last week. They didn't have any Rovers scarves. Not one whatsoever. This customer's level of satisfaction is zero. I mean, come on...scarves!!! It's winter for crying out loud! Didn't they anticipate that people might like scarves in winter? Do they bring out their bobble hats in July??? tongue.gif

382385[/snapback]

Strange as i went in before the Man United away Semi final and bought a scarf - that day they had plenty for sale.

382545[/snapback]

That is the day before we went in Hughesy, day before the semi. We went in, looked around and couldn't find any. Then I went up to the woman on the till and asked if they had any and she said they were sold out. So we left.

So where were these scarves? In transit? All we got told is that none were in and they had no idea when any more would be.

Which part of the shop were they placed? They'll still be there if plenty were brought in I'm hoping.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

What is going on? I tried to get most of the christmas presents out the way by going in the club shop, and they turn it into a market stall. Its like selling champagne in bargain booze, and what really grinds my gears is that..... There are no Uncle Jack related items! JACK WALKER didnt even have a postcard, how can we remember the greatest man the club has known, when we sell out to a chavy store whos clientels ambiton is to get onto trisha. Next seasons Rovers home shirt may aswell have a logo saying ASBO on! GET IT SORTED

Hmmm...rang the store this time instead of going in and they have no Rovers scarves in.

They don't know when they will be getting anymore in and they don't even have another delivery until Saturday.

blink.gif

382604[/snapback]

Get one from a street trader outside the ground, pre match. There's usually a few knocking around.

I went in for a mini kit, working in burnley it’s a necessity you understand biggrin.gif

"We don't sell mini kits as we're sport world not a Blackburn Rovers club shop"

Bring back the old club shop I say.

I went in for a mini kit, working in burnley it’s a necessity you understand  biggrin.gif

"We don't sell mini kits as we're sport world not a Blackburn Rovers club shop"

Bring back the old club shop I say.

382642[/snapback]

The line is very blurred here. I bought some Rovers swimming armbands for my kids a few months ago, that I haven't seen stocked anywhere else. How come they had those in stock, along with flags and (occasionally) scalves, when they're not a Rovers club shop?

I agree Gav, bring back the club shop or at least the club should enforce that they sell more Rovers stuff.

Went into the club shop over xmas to buy a dvd/video of the review/goals of last season. You would assume it to be a pretty standard product readily available. After all we are a premiership club and I have numerous rovers season review videos of the last 15 years. Asked the assistant and was told they don't sell them anymore.

I was quite p***** off. After all, any football fan loves watchin a season review from years gone by. Still get a buzz watchin the rovers return 1992 video! Its a shame I wont be able to look back at the present era in 10 years time. Is it just rovers or have other clubs stopped making them? A mate from uni is a chester fan and he got their last seasons review dvd.

ps lets have a club shop that sells rovers memoribila, not a glorified market store that sells cheap tack and goes under the name of sports soccer/world. mad.gif

Try asking at the Customer Services desk for DVD's - I have a feeling they are a club item whereas the rest of the shop stock is from SWI. This was certainly the case for the Tony Parkes DVD. The CS desk is run by the club not by SWI.

Also all ST holders got a DVD of last season smile.gif I may have a spare, I'll look around the house.

I trust you are all writing to the club to complain  rolleyes.gif

382669[/snapback]

True we should, as it is after all a long way for someone from the club to go and check! tongue.gif

I've been reliably informed that the club know all about the problems but whether they can get SWI to improve their range of Rovers goods we will have to wait and see...

Is it just rovers or have other clubs stopped making them? A mate from uni is a chester fan and he got their last seasons review dvd.

ps lets have a club shop that sells rovers memoribila, not a glorified market store that sells cheap tack and goes under the name of sports soccer/world. mad.gif

382680[/snapback]

Bolton,Dingles, P.N.E and the mighty Blackpool ALL produce season review dvd's.

'Premierleague' Rovers say there is no demand to warrant these products laugh.gif

Also I will reiterate the call for Rovers, together with help from the north west film archive and local historians to produce a lengthy 'official club history' on video or gasp!, shock!, horror! dvd.

The excellent books available by Mike Jackman aside,for a club with such a rich tradition like Rovers to have no product like this is quite frankly rank amateur and p1ss poor!.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I think it was disappointing that Rovers agreed to lease the store to Sports World. Fair enough it was a bit of annual revenue, but at the cost of disapproval to Rovers fans then and two years down the line.

I think they should either tak a small section to the left of the shop or even extend it out to the left and have our Rovers section there. Fait enough we don't have the same support as the Mancs, Gooners, etc etc but we still have a strong support, but how hard is it to still produce a decent array of items such as DVD's, towels, hats, scarves, coats, polo-shirts, pens, pencils etc etc on a lesser quantity and not on quality (like burnley)!!

There would be guaranteed sales and again it would only go towards seeing a bigger amount of blue & white colours around the city. So come on Rovers see some sense here please!!

I think it was disappointing that Rovers agreed to lease the store to Sports World. Fair enough it was a bit of annual revenue, but at the cost of disapproval to Rovers fans then and two years down the line.

382721[/snapback]

To call a spade a spade...Rovers leased the store and rights to club stock because it either 1.couldn't be bothered to run the shop anymore itself or 2. the money was better from the agreement. We're now faced with many fans who either can't be bothered or are thinking of the money being better if they don't go...what right have Rovers as a club to complain about those fans?

I went in the SWI/Rovers Store this lunchtime, and there was row after row of Rovers kits and clothing. And most of it was vastly marked down, EG The current Lonsdale-Lonsdale Home shirts are Half Price, in all sizes. Plus BRFC branded leisure wear, and gifts and novelty items too. Even the HSA long sleeve Yellow away kit was there at £13.49!!!

Just out of interest is the club shop always open when rovers are playing home games?

I'm not a regular vistor (been twice!) but last time I went it was to the birmingham game last season which was on a sunday. Went across to the club shop afterwards to find it was closed. So is that something you'd find at most grounds? As I've only really been to Ewood Park and Walkers Stadium - where their club shop is part of the stadium and always appears to be open.

Just out of interest is the club shop always open when rovers are playing home games?

382895[/snapback]

The Roverstore is usually open before all games as well as after the Saturday games.

It isn't open after night games (probably too late) and Sunday games (probably something to do with the Sunday trading laws).

I went in the SWI/Rovers Store this lunchtime, and there was row after row of Rovers kits and clothing. And most of it was vastly marked down, EG The current Lonsdale-Lonsdale Home shirts are Half Price, in all sizes. Plus BRFC branded leisure wear, and gifts and novelty items too. Even the HSA long sleeve Yellow away kit was there at £13.49!!!

382870[/snapback]

The shirts have been half-price for ages. I bought mine back in October.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.