BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers So Called Club Shop. Problems Anyone?

In light of all the recent bad press the club store has gotten,I must tell you that I placed an order for some t-shirts and shorts on Feb 14 and they arrived all the way over here in Florida in 3 days with everyting as ordered and no hangups or mistakes.They have a saying over here that a even a blind hog finds a nut every 10 years so maybe this is their one but I have been impressed with the service.

Florida Rover

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been to Ossy Mills. The little Accy Stanley booth they have is great, but got me thinking of our own shop.

While the booth sells all kinds of Stanley related bits and pieces, as well as FM2007 for just £20, ours is really just another sports store.

I miss the tacky old stuff (Rovers badge on anything saleable). I never feel enthused by anything I see in the shop these days.

Just been to Ossy Mills. The little Accy Stanley booth they have is great, but got me thinking of our own shop.

While the booth sells all kinds of Stanley related bits and pieces, as well as FM2007 for just £20, ours is really just another sports store.

I miss the tacky old stuff (Rovers badge on anything saleable). I never feel enthused by anything I see in the shop these days.

Without starting this again, it annoys me that I've had to go to eBay and other sites to buy my scarves, rather than the club page.

I HATE our marketing department. We lack quality kit, we lack a variety of items that I can get from the club... It frustrates me no end.

Without starting this again, it annoys me that I've had to go to eBay and other sites to buy my scarves, rather than the club page.

I HATE our marketing department. We lack quality kit, we lack a variety of items that I can get from the club... It frustrates me no end.

Agreed. Have given up on Rovers shop and buy now from eBay.

And who's in charge of marketing ? A certain Williams fils.

It really does begger beleif. I can not understand why we dont have more rovers gear - its like walking into a lonsdale factory - second hand one at that.

I used to come accross and spend about £200 each time in the shop (cos i dont get there that much) But now, its all pap and I only really buy a shirt now,

SORT IT OUT :angry:

Lee, is there anyone we can complain to about this?

I went in to buy a shirt in advance of the Feyenoord trip, reversing my decision to wait until next season for a new shirt, only to find that after one wash in line with the instructions, the stripes had come off the sleeves!

Upon taking the shirt back, I was accused of lying by the ignorant hag behind the counter who said this had never happened before. I know this to be wrong as it happens with all shirts since Lonsdale became the official supplier.

Why should I lie about a football shirt?

Who the hell does this woman think she is?

When I got a grudging refund, I looked around for something else to buy instead but could find nothing Rovers-related that was not, quite frankly, tat.

The shop is pretty poor at the moment in terms of quality and service - me and my family won't be going there for our shirts for quite a while I'm afraid.

i remember the good old days when the rovers store was where blues bar now is...that place was bloody huge and had all manner of rovers crap! (meant in the nicest possible sense)...but on the rare occasion i make it to ewood these days i'm always gutted at how rubbish it is.

although saying that i did stumble across a nice website for 'team' scarves if anyone is looking for a crimbo present for some one (thinking of getting one for my dad)

http://www.savile-rogue.com/productdetail.aspx?TeamID=3

Also, does the Rovers Store proper carry goalkeeper kit? The one online doesn't and I'd like to pick some up...

Been waiting a couple of seasons to update mine from the old AMD one. The online shop never has them and i doubt if the "club shop" has many either. Shame i can't support my club and bradders by wearing a newer rovers keeper shirt at football every week! :ph34r:

dude you are whistling in the wind on that score!

"Proper" Goal keeping kit in a clubs coulers is rare as rocking horse poo!

Chelsea's online store sells it. So does West Ham's. And Aston Villa's. And that's just 3 random teams off the top of my head.

Plus Friedel is more to us than I would say any other keeper in the Prem. WHY do we not have merch for him? As an American, I ESPECIALLY want kit for him. People actually know who he is over here other than Rovers fans.

I went in to buy a shirt in advance of the Feyenoord trip, reversing my decision to wait until next season for a new shirt, only to find that after one wash in line with the instructions, the stripes had come off the sleeves!

Upon taking the shirt back, I was accused of lying by the ignorant hag behind the counter who said this had never happened before. I know this to be wrong as it happens with all shirts since Lonsdale became the official supplier.

When I got a grudging refund, I looked around for something else to buy instead but could find nothing Rovers-related that was not, quite frankly, tat.

The shop is pretty poor at the moment in terms of quality and service - me and my family won't be going there for our shirts for quite a while I'm afraid.

That women was speaking rubbish. Last year I had exactly the same problem where the Londsdale logo peeled off the front as did the stripes down the sleaves, and in the end I had to buy a new one.

This has happened again this season.

Yan - Near the Aquaduct pub there is a guy that sells scarfs like the one on the link. These will not be as good a quality however they cost a mere £5 and and also show BRFC.

Edited by Jordan

Well reading the financial papers this morning might have an impact on the club shop.

"Mike Ashley is considering a sale or floatation of his Sports World Retailing Empire, he has hired investment bank Merrill Lynch to carry out a strategic review"

Get rid, and start selling stuff we want.

Rovers kit, home away and goalie, other rovers clothing, trainers and shoes, aftershave, socks, ties, cufflinks, chocolate (especially turkish delight), crisps, pop, board games, computer games, posters, pictures, autograph books, autographs, stadium models old and new, ground photos old and new, footballs, nets, sunglasses, nappies, clackers, whistles, great big foam hands, retro kits, wigs, hats, prosthetic limbs, flat caps, coats, undies, knickers, toilet roll, sticks, computers, tvs, cars, notepads, silverware, crockery, fake tattoos, real tattoos, programs, pies, radios, mp3 players, cameras, flags, drums, guitars, trumpets, watchs, pens pencils rubbers and other stationary, toys, books, song sheets, 4000 holes, tie pins, crystal, condoms, brooches, fancy figurines, crap figurines, roversworld subscriptions, ewood park experience days, rovers flavour wine (and make it stay blue and white halved even after its been poured), bubble bath, bubble gum, bubbles, hankies, pogs, a subscription so you can bring last seasons kit in and get a 50% discount on the new one, twinkies (available on mail order for our USA fans and have them endorsed by brad), beer, whiskey, leeks, cds, frames, bedding, plants, beds, stickers... <_<

Oh, and clocks.

Telling the time is important.

i'm sick of the Club Shop.

It's nearly crimbo and what can you buy? naff shirts and Rovers mugs...I can't even get a mini kit to show my support as I drive around Britain!!

I am serious about setting up a matchday stall in competition with all sorts of Rovers thingys but without logo to stop the Ewood Park "police" whinging about logo use. Should make a fortune out of Burnley bog paper; what a crack that will be wiping your a##e on a picture of T##d Moor.

GET THIS MESS SORTED ROVERS

i'm sick of the Club Shop.

It's nearly crimbo and what can you buy? naff shirts and Rovers mugs...I can't even get a mini kit to show my support as I drive around Britain!!

I am serious about setting up a matchday stall in competition with all sorts of Rovers thingys but without logo to stop the Ewood Park "police" whinging about logo use. Should make a fortune out of Burnley bog paper; what a crack that will be wiping your a##e on a picture of T##d Moor.

GET THIS MESS SORTED ROVERS

It will happen sooner or later, PB. Enough is enough; no reason why a fan or group of fans shouldn't take the initiative and start producing some Rovers stuff to sell. You might even get some local shops to take some of the goods.

I was in ASDA at Middlebrook recently, they've a whole section full of Wanderer's stuff.

I went in for a Rovers bob hat on Saturday. Couldn't believe it, - they don't sell them. So I bought one from a guy outside the ground, something I've never done before.

Chorley Market on Saturday: Rovers mugs, keyrings and fridge magnets.

Otherwise ebay is a good source.

Rovers Store: no nay never

exactly the same has happened with mine this season, after ONE wash. same happened last aswell. going to have to handwash them now :angry:

i used to spend a good hour in the club shop prior to games, now its literally more like five minutes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.