BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] reviews for boro' games.

ihtd

you say beeb victimise us(they do) but Sky did last night. on the highlights(sky sports news)no rovers until the day after(but loads of arse). and, when it showed the carling cup goals(like clips of goals) no rovers(semi finalist) but newcastle,who didnt make the quarters. we didnt get a mention lst night after the arse match.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky didn't even put a march report of Boro v Rovers on their web site!

368632[/snapback]

On the Fox Sports World nightly programme here - an hour long, mark you - we got a passing mention not even showing the goal under "And elsewhere.." following highlights of the Donny game plus an interview with Wenger.

No Neill or Dickov plus the uncertainty over Bellers puts us in a bit of posish. Maybe a 2-2 draw?

368690[/snapback]

probable team then

friedel

zurab todd nelson gray

emerton savage tugay m.g.p

kuqi bentley/jansen

still loads of options for us.

instead of zurab at right back we can put emerton or reid.

in midfield bentley, thomo, reid or emerton can fill in on the right side.

if bellamy is unfit bentley or jansen can come in to partner kuqi who played excellent on wednesday, really got stuck in fairplay. thats a guy who wants to play!! rover.gif kuqi monster!!!

On the Fox Sports World nightly programme here - an hour long, mark you - we got a passing mention not even showing the goal under "And elsewhere.." following highlights of the Donny game plus an interview with Wenger.

368678[/snapback]

I don't see the problem. I'm a Carolina Panthers fan and their supporters also complain about a lack of respect/ (positive) media coverage. Personally I don't see the problem, we're a small market team and not exactly fashionable. There's no 'underdog' story to push because we're in the Prem, and quite frankly, until recently we didn't play attractive football. The media is never going to pay much attention to such a team (and yes this goes for the Panthers as well tongue.gif ).

I've learnt to enjoy not being the media darlings, but maybe I'm just twisted biggrin.gif

I'm with you EIT... this unfashionableness represents a large chunk of my love for the Rovers. As a life long NY Giants fan, I can tell you that I almost enjoy our 'wilderness' years in which our bandwagon is relatively empty. (unlike this current season).

Go tinykit.gif, Hammer the TampaBayGlazers.

Edited by blue/white

Why on earth would hughes start jansen? A player who hasnt played more than 5 minutes of premier league football since when god knows when!

Bentley and Kuqi upront.

368777[/snapback]

He started and played most of the minutes against Bolton earlier this season.

He started unexpectedly then, at least for me, and I see no reason why he cannot start tomorrow when there are two positions to be filled with three players contesting for a spot. Plus the right-back vacancy could see Bentley playing elsewhere.

Of course, Hughes could go for a 4-5-1, but I doubt it.

Sorry to be so negative, however as Jim said we are certain to lose on Boxing day. I have never been surer of a result in a long time.

I will quite happily eat my words, but I won't need to. Winning away twice in a 7 days against the same team doesn't happen especially not with Rovers

Sunderland games onwards are going to be massive.

Anyway Merry Christmas and to all those making the trip boxing day I salute you.

I get the same feeling that Boro will inevitably put in good showing to appease their disgruntled fans. With Boro's quality forwards, I think our defenders may struggle to cope; even more so if Mendieta and Viduka return to the team.

I don't think it'll be a thrashing though. If we do win, it'll be considerable testament to Hughes' management skills.

Boro 3 Blackburn 1

Yakubu 2, Mendieta,

Bentley

Edited by rover6

Hope we can get a point at least. We'll be boosted by our monumental win at the Riverside in the Carling Cup, but we should not become complacent. Dickov and Neil out..... Kuqi should have his long awaited start .

Not going to make any predictions until I get to the Riverside bookies...

See you all there.....Barmy Army..............

1 point would be massive tonight.

As long as we get the 3 points on Wednesday.

I cant see us beating Boro twice away in a matter of days, but then again I couldnt see us beating Charlton twice in a few days last month.

Alot depends on how the reshuffled line-up works settles down.

MGP rested, according to Tromsø based Nordlys.

"I will be rested for the match against Boro, but will be back on Wednesday" - Gamst Pedersen.

Thommo or Bentley or Emerton as left sided midfielder then, I guess? (Surely Peter won't start..)

Edited by herbergeehh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.