BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] reviews for boro' games.

ihtd

Thommo left, Emo right.

Peter on bench surely?!?

I think its a good decision.

Also about ART 2, its an encrypted channel which needs irdeto 2. Theres no web link or anything like that.

368954[/snapback]

Bobby, I would have thought, Emo on the Left and Thommo (or Bentley) on the right?

Is Bellmay a start?

Edited by AussieinUk

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you recall, Thommo actually played left wing almost the whole season after Duff left.

I doubt we will see Bellamy start. Bench at most, especially as we got a game on Wednesday which we MUST win.

Bentley behind Kuqi possibly?

At work right now, gotta rush home soon to catch the game on TV.

Well if you recall, Thommo actually played left wing almost the whole season after Duff left.

I doubt we will see Bellamy start. Bench at most, especially as we got a game on Wednesday which we MUST win.

Bentley behind Kuqi possibly?

At work right now, gotta rush home soon to catch the game on TV.

368962[/snapback]

Actually, IMO your right with, 'Bentley behind Kuqi' - that sounds more feasiable, if Bellamy is on the bench.

Still, I am very interested who will get the left position... wouldn't mind Peter getting a run today. tinykit.gif

Right now, Im the opposite.. off to work sad.gif

Who is out for Middlesbrough?

Boateng

Viduka

Morrison

Nemeth

Mendieta

Actually all of the above are back in the squad other than Boateng.

Mendieta is 50-50 to start. The others are fit to start.

I wouldnt start Peter in a difficult away game such as this. But Hughes has to have something up his sleeve, if he is resting one of his key players in an important fixture so that he can play in a home game against the bottom team. Logic would dictate the opposite.

Unless Bellamy is fit to start, which I doubt, I reckon there are two possible combinations for midfield:

Emerton Tugay Savage Thompson

or,

Peter Tugay Savage Emerton/Thompson

Either way it looks like Peter is going to get a shot either starting or as a sub. Lets hope he grabs the chance. Of course I might be totally wrong....

Our paucity of strikers means that Bentley will certainly start with Kuqi up front. If Bellamy doesn't even make the bench then pehaps Johnson will get to warm it.

Edit- Just remebered that we have Reid as well. So Peter could actually quite easily not feature. Well, I would still like to see him given a shot.

Edited by joey_big_nose

MIDDLESBROUGH: Schwarzer, Queudrue, Riggott, Southgate, Rochemback, Pogatetz, Mendieta, Doriva, Yakubu, Parnaby, Viduka.

Subs: Jones, Hasselbaink, Bates, Kennedy, Johnson.

ROVERS: Friedel, Khizanishvili, Todd, Nelsen, Gray, Thompson, Tugay, Savage, Emerton, Bentley, Kuqi.

Subs: Enckelman, Bellamy, Reid, Mokoena, Peter.

I can not see us winning this one to be honest!

Boro 2

Rovers 0

MIDDLESBROUGH: Schwarzer, Queudrue, Riggott, Southgate, Rochemback, Pogatetz, Mendieta, Doriva, Yakubu, Parnaby, Viduka.

Subs: Jones, Hasselbaink, Bates, Kennedy, Johnson.

ROVERS: Friedel, Khizanishvili, Todd, Nelsen, Gray, Thompson, Tugay, Savage, Emerton, Bentley, Kuqi.

Subs: Enckelman, Bellamy, Reid, Mokoena, Peter.

I can not see us winning this one to be honest!

Boro 2

Rovers 0

368975[/snapback]

Good to see Peter and Bellamy on the bench. No Jansen, has to be the end of the road for him. Come on Thommo, make an impression!

I will stick with my 2-2 prediction.

I know MGP is being rested, my question is, is he being rested or protected for the January window?

368989[/snapback]

I would say there is absolutely no indication that Hughes is looking to sell Pedersen, or indeed any club is really looking to buy him.

Pedersen has been below par since the Man U game so Sparky is giving him a rest and showing him that his place is not assured in the side.

I would say there is absolutely no indication that Hughes is looking to sell Pedersen, or indeed any club is really looking to buy him.

Pedersen has been below par since the Man U game so Sparky is giving him a rest and showing him that his place is not assured in the side.

368992[/snapback]

Reasoned, good response. I was just playing Devil's Advocate. Ok Ok I admit it I was ###### stirring biggrin.gif

kuqiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

368990[/snapback]

Not going to pre-empt anything, because I am not sure how he is playing. But last season, when he switched to the left, Emerton seemed to be far more effective.

He provided the cross for Kuqi. Is this happening again?

368992[/snapback]

Pedersen is injured, not rested

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.