BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Carling Cup Semi Final Draw Already Made

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undeterred he then went to the disabled supporters area and then embraced a couple of wheelchair bound supporters with real affection.

laugh.gif

377669[/snapback]

He should be but on a register with that kind of carrying on wink.gif

They were good yesterday and shows why Wenger cocked up in the first leg by not taking it seriously.

I would like to state that I expect Rovers to be prevented from going to Cardiff, a dictact from upstairs will have been made ensuring that at least one of the "big teams" will make it

What chance a last minute penalty from a blatent dive to get Utd through.

You heard it here first

Wenger plays Henry for the first time in 7years or summat, gets the ref onside for none penalty duties, Senderos and Campbell both should have been sent off, Ole! Ole! Ole! Cry the Highbury crowd to each sumptious Gallic caress of the ball.

Fack all, you're gonna win fack all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to state that I expect Rovers to be prevented from going to Cardiff, a dictact from upstairs will have been made ensuring that at least one of the "big teams" will make it

What chance a last minute penalty from a blatent dive to get Utd through.

You heard it here first

377717[/snapback]

Flops, I presume you mean "dictat". Do correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I agree entirely with the rest of your post. We will be denied by the "need" to have a big team in the final.

If anyone needed any convincing that there is favouritism in the modern game toward big clubs then tonight's match was it.  there is no shadow of a doubt in my mind after two nailed on penalties were waved away.

377682[/snapback]

Not only that but the penalty given against Henchoz seemed very harsh. As he was running he had no chance whatsoever to get his hand out of the way of Henry's little flick. No way can that have been said to have been deliberate.

Bit nervous now in case the ref bottles it in our game.

flopsy - we go through if it is 2-2 or better but only after extra time.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Frightening thought: United will have twin strike force tonight of Van Nistelrooy and Rooney.

Ours will be Kuqi and A N Other (if he's not injured).

We don't stand a chance, do we ??

377759[/snapback]

But no midfield and a bit of a crap defence

Frightening thought: United will have twin strike force tonight of Van Nistelrooy and Rooney.

Ours will be Kuqi and A N Other (if he's not injured).

We don't stand a chance, do we ??

377759[/snapback]

BBC suggests that they could start with Rooney, Van Nistelrooy and Saha all up front! ohmy.gif

Stuck in work last night listening to the match on 5 live, the Arsenal fans cheering every successive pass from player to player; then deadly silent when that winner went in. smile.gif

Wenger claiming his priority was now the Champion's league, not a "well done wigan", arrogant ponce. Wenger german for W@nker ?

Payback time for Arsenal. If they'd have played their strongest side at Wigan, they could probably have got an away goal and gone through to the final.

Arrogant gits for thinking they are so much better than the rest.

Wenger plays Henry for the first time in 7years or summat, gets the ref onside for none penalty duties, Senderos and Campbell both should have been sent off, Ole! Ole! Ole! Cry the Highbury crowd to each sumptious Gallic caress of the ball.

Fack all, you're gonna win fack all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

377719[/snapback]

Good summary - so sweet that arsenal didnt win

Wigan fans were singing 'Where's your Ole's gone!!!'

2 of the penalties were 'stone wall' or whatever that is in French

Stuck in work last night listening to the match on 5 live, the Arsenal fans cheering every successive pass from player to player; then deadly silent when that winner went in.  smile.gif

Wenger claiming his priority was now the Champion's league, not a "well done wigan", arrogant ponce. Wenger german for W@nker ?

377805[/snapback]

You know he's French right?

I don't think you can have too much of a go at Arsenal for resting their players for the first leg and even to a certain extent they did in the second. Even though they are in the semi-finals this is the least important competition that they are in and it doesn't bring that many rewards for them if they win it. I know it's always good to win something but they would probably like to think they have a great chance of winning the FA Cup and a chance in Europe so it isn't as if it is all over for them after last night. They have a decent squad and the risk of injuries to key players at a key time in the season in a game that isn't that important was probably too much. The side they put out both last night and a fortnight ago would still have been good enough for most Premiership teams. Wigan played well, don't take that away from them by saying they were playing against a second string Arsenal, even if they were.

Don't say that! It has to be surely. Im not going to get to see the game tomorrow because my work is full of beestards so I will have Rovers world on the radio.

If I dance on my chair because the Ped scores in the 118th minute they are just going to have to deal with it.

377694[/snapback]

Last time we reached the final against Spurs they actually stated that the game was not interesting enough and if two bigger clubs such as Liverpool, Man U were playing they would air it. Buttheads or what? First things first though, we have tonight to get through. It will be even more lopsided refereeing tonightcos the FA simply MUST have at least one big market team in the final. You'll see.

I don't know if the fact "the dream final" can no longer happen increases or decreases the pressure on the ref in that respect.

Although Semi final or no semi final we know we get turned over by the officials at OT more often than not.

I suspect we will have to win the game by a clear margin to get a draw if you see what I mean. ph34r.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.