SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Carling Cup Semi Final Draw Already Made

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple then.

Take all the tickets - and wotever we dont want - send back.

Aslong as we dont have to pay for non sold tickets then we may aswell take what we can and then nobody can moan about not getting a ticket

368541[/snapback]

Hughesy, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are an absolute genius. thumbs-up.gif

rover.gif we did get 9,000 last time at ot for the semi,sold just less than 6,000.the home game was not a sell out.the clubs will be rewarded handsomley from sky for the 2 semi's and i suggest we price it £15 for adults and £5 for kids,utd would do it as they are desperate to get their fans back on side tinykit.gif

368513[/snapback]

Surely UTD can't determine how much we charge for our home game ?

If Rovers overcharge then they're making a big mistake - we need to sell out this game , not scare people off and send them to the pub. But I'm not getting my hopes up ...

There is no way on earth Rovers will shift 23000 home tickets for the home leg ... so how about doing somthing radical... lets give the Mancs the Jack Walker Stand and put Rovers fans in the Darwen End. We would then only have to sell 21000 and having fans behind both goals may have a beneficial effect on the atmosphere. Just a thought.

368502[/snapback]

Sorry Neil, what a ridiculous suggestion. This is a home game where Rovers need all the advantage they can get. Why not go the whole hog and just ban Rovers fans from attending altogether?

With imaginative pricing there should be no difficulty in shifting 18-20,000 tickets to home fans.

I know we've taken the easy option and made a business out of selling tickets to away fans in recent seasons, but IMO we need to stop putting quite so much emphasis on that and concentrate on one thing and one thing alone, getting more home fans into Ewood.

Why not just for once taking the equally radical step of restricting the Manc allocation to the minimum allowable under the regs. Who's to say that it wouldn't have a beneficial effect on us and a detrimental one on them on the pitch?

Who's to say that a lot of non regular Rovers attenders wouldn't feel far more comfortable and less intimidated at the prospect of attending if there were 2,000 and not 10,000 Mancs hanging around Ewood?

It's a question of balancing short term loss against potential long term gain. I would argue that the policy of filling the ground with away fans for the major fixtures has in the long term clearly had an adverse effect on the level of home support at Ewood as a whole.

£2.20?!

That's a cheap pint!!

You forgot to add in the rovers factor. It would have been like this:

Potential 3880 x £2.20 x 60% turnout (as is the norm) = £5,122.

but hey we all knew I wasn't going to be wrong.

368415[/snapback]

£1.68 in my local smile.gif

I can't be arsed to go shopping really.

368499[/snapback]

Darn it, neither can I. Let the family starve.

I'm off to the ticket office - now how many away matches can I get to for a month's housekeeping rolleyes.gif .

RevidgeBlue Posted Today, 19:59

I would argue that the policy of filling the ground with away fans for the major fixtures has in the long term clearly had an adverse effect on the level of home support at Ewood as a whole.

Interesting point, Rev. Tend to feel you could be right.

Edited by roversmum

Personally, I think that our cup games against Charlton, Middlesbrough and now Many UTD are the most important and exciting of the season.

This is the only way we can really get into Europe and the rewards are complimented by the excitement associated with a knock out cup and a game plan aimed only at victory.

Charlton was the best game I have seen in a long while and to score against boro in the last minute was great stuff. We seem to play much better in the cups as well so it's great entertainment all round.

It's going to cost me about £60 to get to Blackburn and it will take uptwo days of the week, but I sure as hell aren't going to miss it.

I find it really surprising that people would rather see league fixtures than a cup semi, or not reach into their pockets when we are just two games away from a final at Cardiff.

I myself am up to my eyeballs in debt, but I'll be there. I think we need to really go for a good attendance at Ewood and support the lads. You can see it means a hell of a lot to them.

As far as the draw is concerned, we all knew deep down didn't we that Man Ure and the Arse would be kept separate.

The last time when we played Man Ure in the semis, the draw consisted of 4 large black numbered cubes drawn out of I think the top of the Cup! They obviously couldn't get away with that one again so the "fix" this time seemingly consisted of picking out the numbers from a legitimate closed container but allocating the teams to them afterwards.

Not that it should really matter. You should always have to be prepared to beat any given team in a cup competition to win it. The worry is as mentioned by someone else how far the referees in each tie will go to ensure the "dream" final.

Surely UTD can't determine how much we charge for our home game ?

If Rovers overcharge then they're making a big mistake - we need to sell out this game , not scare people off and send them to the pub.  But I'm not getting my hopes up ...

368571[/snapback]

rover.gif i'm sure i read that both teams can agree a price,like we did with sheff wed in the semi,s in 2002 tinykit.gif

As far as the draw is concerned, we all knew deep down didn't we that Man Ure and the Arse would be kept separate.

The worry is as mentioned by someone else how far the referees in each tie will go to ensure the "dream" final.

368580[/snapback]

A very pertinent point you have there Revidge. My personal opinion is that the draw is a total fix and I can just see the Football League top brass creaming themselves over the thought of a Manc v Arse final.

Come on you Blues!!!!................................and you Pie eaters. Lets hope we can both get to the final and do some good for football and not TV.

does anybody believe we can beat man u in the Cup? I hope to gd we can do, then it will be another Cardiff day out!

Will they field thier strongest team? - I think so, they are going to win feck all this season so will need this trophy.

And i hope we can beat them, but i wont get my hopes up!!

I dreaded the draw against charlton when it came out.

I dreaded the draw against boro when it came out.

and I was deverstated when we got manyoo.

So on that theme we should win, by a goal in the last minute!

Cardiff here we come! tinykit.gifrover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.