BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic (0-3) Rovers

cn174

Rovers to win 1-0 in front of another sell out crowd at the JJB.

It'll be a cracker and the best away atmosphere for some considerable time.

There's mention somewhere of a marquee in our stand from 13.00 hrs selling dirty beer.

If I don't get a cheese & onion pie, there'll be trouble.

Come on you blues. tinykit.gif

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all to reguess the score

graham poll is the ref mad.gif

judging by his totally inept performance at Everton the other night I dread to think how many cards he will dish out on Saturday ph34r.gif

369815[/snapback]

Well, that's ruined what should have been a cracker

Just wondering, if all Mark Lawrenson's predictions were right, where would we be in the league right now?

I have not once seen him predict a win for us!

It would be interesting to see a league table based on all Lawro's predictions this season and see where the teams would all be!

Edited by murray92

all to reguess the score

judging by his totally inept performance at Everton the other night I dread to think how many cards he will dish out on Saturday ph34r.gif

369815[/snapback]

its not on tv though is it?

Shouldnt be that bad

If lawro's predictions had been all right, we would be bottom of the league with 7 points if you include the sunderland game. Wigan would be the place in front on goal diff, or so ive heard.

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Thats one reason why you cant easily access a sort of archive where all of Lawro's predictions for a particular season are stored. Instead as soon as the games are over, the predictions are removed from quick access.

Seeing them all at one place would only make him look like an absolute fool, with Blackburn bottom of the league. dry.gif

Over 5,000 tickets sold, less than 200 left according to the official site which has Todd definitely out and unlikely to be back for Pompey but MGP, Neill, Dickov, Bellamy all fit and raring to go.

Got a sneaky feeling we are going to miss Tugay's extra class very badly. Not anywhere near as confident now he's not available.

This game will come down to who wants it the most. We should prevail on that basis. If it turns into the Graham Poll show, we've had it!

Its also worth adding that if we lose, we will reach the halfway point in our season looking at a 13 point gap to Wigan and the possibility of European qualification through our league position will be very faint.

all to reguess the score

369815[/snapback]

BBC has Rob Styles as the referee for this one. Hope they're right.

I have read this on football 365 message board this morning, anyone know if its true or does it refer to the bars in the ground?

"Do to safety reason's the Bars will be shut on New Years Eve for the game at the JJB"

Is this the bars at the ground??

Can't see pubs being shut on NYE???

Great to hear that Rovers have got 5200 fans marching in Pie Land on Saturday Afternoon.

As far as predictions go, well I think this game will be a real character test of Rovers and our ambition in the Premier and will prove if Rovers are worthy of going for a European Place this season. If Hughes thinks we should be in the top half and gunning for a place then we should be able to go to places like Wigan and get a result. Good to hear that MGP and Neill are back and it would be a good test for Bellas up front.

Wigan will no doubt be favourites for this one and this game will depend on who gets to score first.

i never thought I would be saying this at the start of the season but I would be happy if we get a draw at the JJB and ecstatic if we manage a win.

As per usual Lawro's prediction says we will lose 2-1... well lets see if we can prove him worng again.

For some bizarre reason Im very confident of beating Wigan tomorow. I just think that they've been slightly fortunate with decisions etc this season (Fulham 100% pen got turned down if i remember) and if you get at them like Spurs did then they're not invincible at home. 2-0 for me and top half come the start of the year.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.