BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic (0-3) Rovers

cn174

We are also exactly half-way through our games in total and our goal difference is back to 0.. tinykit.gif  rover.gif

370259[/snapback]

Just had a look back at recent league tables - If we were to double our current point haul and end up on 54 points we'd be likely to finish 7th/8th at the end of the season.

If we can find just a little extra in the next half of the season Europe's a real possibility!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no time to be negative now, surely ManU will hire a more high profile manager than Hughes, Capello or some other flashy bloke with a fansy suit... biggrin.gif

370269[/snapback]

Spiderman? Jonathan Ross?

wink.gif

Great result and perfomance from the lads! I wouldn't have predicted a 3-0. The other half is resigned to watching MOTD for the New Year!

smile.gif

Away games don't get much better than this. First two goals are rockets, Bellers rubs it in with the third. Brilliant 5,200 sell out away support creating excellent atmosphere, like days of old.

Grey patent leather shoes and grey slacks brigade, who have deserted us in droves, may just start twitching if we win one or two more like this.

Come on you blues! tinykit.gif Hughesey has created a superb team spirit now and we are firing on all cylinders. Not only that but there is quality on the bench and a very strong squad.

Roll on the next game, with or without the doubters. tinykit.gif

A brilliant win against a team flying high in the league. It was good to see Pedersen scoring, because he had gone off the boil lately, so hopefully this will get him going again. It sounds like Steven Reid scored a screamer today and I'm delighted for him because he's the type of player that we need. With Bellamy also scoring, after injury, this will give him and the whole team a huge amount of confidence. I think that the last two results could be massive in terms of the rest of the season and how we do. With a game against Porstmouth to come as well as the Sunderland game in hand, we have the chance to get six more points, which will take us the table and to the fringes of Europe. With the possibility of the team being strengthened in January, we have a lot to look forward to in the new year.

Just got back from the game. Sat in one of the Wigan stands today as my husband bought the tickets (he is from Wigan).

I have to say what a great sight it was to see the Rovers' end full to the brim and also to hear them on good form!! Don't usually look at our away fans from another stand! The Wigan fans were fed up to say the least when Jingle Bells started.

Plus, it's hard work staying quiet in light of some excellent goals! I was half on my feet when Reid's went in before I realised and had to sit back down!! smile.gif

What a day out !

Away end jam packed, 3-0 Rovers win and managed to escape from the car parks relatively quickly.

Two M-o-M - Nelsen / Zurab -the Wigan strikers had hardly a sniff of the ball all day and Lucas had a good game also. Brad made 1 outstanding save in the second half but was otherwise virtually unemployed. Dickov was less effective than usual but Bellamy was electric with some fantastic skill and ball control.

Down side - the huge scrum around the 1 kiosk selling food - no chance of a pie at any price.

Best moment - after the whistle went for FT with Robbie bowing down to the chant of the crowd.

Happy new year smile.gif

went corporate, hic hic tongue.gif

great result

no complaints whatsoever

no ratings today

fans fabulous from Ewood, crap for pieland

best moment of the day -

When Reid launched the spectacular howitzer, I jumped up, caught my Wigan associate plumb in the bonce, blood everywhere and all I could do was shout "YOU SHUTTTTTTT UUUPPPPPPPPP" rover.gif

Asked for a clear haul from Santa from Chrimbo, so I got my fill.

Happy New Year everyone, see you at Ewood Monday biggrin.gif

Excellent performance today, after only winning once away up until a few days before Christmas, the team have showed far greater steel and determination in winning three tricky looking away fixtures in ten days.

The success has been built by going back to basics in defence. A month or so ago we'd started to leak goals in Sounessque fashion again. Zurab played today instead of Todd but in all 3 games weve looked far meaner defwensively. I thought both full backs were particularly impressive today, areas in which we tend to have struggled in recent times. Gray in particular having against all odds come back from the dead just seems to get better and better.

In midfield Savage did a superb job of stopping Wigan play. IMO he is starting to get towards the fom he displayed at his previous clubs. I've never seen anyone cover as much ground in the cause. If only he'd been at the club for the last ten years. I was also very pleased for Reid who really has done nothing to deserve being left out.

Bentley and MGP showed signs of returning to some sort of form, if those two and Bellamy were firing on all cylinders I'd say we'd have a realistic chance of beating ManUre over two legs.

Up front Kuqi and Dickov did their best but it must have been completely galling for Wigan at 2-0 down to see Bellamy coming on. After that had we not been protecting our lead as much we looked as if we could have scored at will. Emerton and Thompson weren't bad options to throw on either. The bench is looking far stronger these days.

Great following, the weight of numbers meant we got some proper football songs for once instead of the usual silly "2 pounds per hour" and "There's only two/three of us singing"

Top day out. thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.