SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Sunderland 0

den

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well unlike some folks on here who are just waiting for the boys to slip up against lower opposition i have confidence that we can take the 3 points. in saying that we MUST NOT take them lightly and hopefully put in a very workman like performance.

not bothered what the score is as long as we win, but i'll go for 3-0 rovers!!

Its that time again, have a guess who said this:

Blackburn have had a good week with those league and cup wins over Middlesbrough but I think they'll find it difficult against Sunderland.

Mick McCarthy's side have struggled this season but against Bolton on Boxing Day they scrapped and fought for absolutely everything, which I expect them to repeat on Wednesday.

Verdict: 1-1

It's all right folks, those nasty Mackems won't ruin our Christmas....

Blackburn v Sunderland

Blackburn have had a good week with those league and cup wins over Middlesbrough but I think they'll find it difficult against Sunderland.

Mick McCarthy's side have struggled this season but against Bolton on Boxing Day they scrapped and fought for absolutely everything, which I expect them to repeat on Wednesday.

Full match preview

Phew! I really really thought even Lawrenson would have gone for a home win on this one....

We shoul'nt get complacent and think that Sunderland will be a walkover. Hope we keep the same concentration skills that we have shown recentley, if so then we can beat anyone on our day.

Nightmare senario.... 1-0 Stead

Dream senario...... 3-0 Bellamy/Kuqi

C'mon Rovers lets get 3 points

Screw the "Sunderland's our bogey team" or "We're bound to have a set-back after two clutch wins" craziness. We are great at home(Everton and Newc aside), we are on a high and we have most of our team back healthy (Bellamy most notably). Sunderland eaked out a point against Bolton who are nowhere near unbeatable and this causes concern for the Blackburn faithful? I understand the notions of "Oh God, this just can't continue" but come on people!

I'm not saying it'll be a walk in the park, but we'll enjoy a 3-1 game....

Stead (probably not, but if one of 'em has to, I'd like it to be him) 31'

Kuqi 42'

Bellamy 63'

Bellamy 88'

I can't see a Hughes outfit going into any fixture with a complacent attitude. Since the Bournemouth debacle last year we've done professional jobs on all the lower league opposition we've faced.

Add to that the current competition for places within the squad. Kuqi and Dickov are basically slugging it out for one spot. Whoever comes in for Tugay (Reid or Thompson moving into the middle) is going to be ultra eager to put their marker down. And Pedersen will need to up his game after the showing at Boro without him.

Plus, Sunderland are absolutely useless.

3-0

It's all right folks, those nasty Mackems won't ruin our Christmas....

Blackburn v Sunderland

Full match preview

Phew! I really really thought even Lawrenson would have gone for a home win on this one....

369233[/snapback]

It would be interesting to total up Lawrensons predictions for us this season, and convert them into predicted points and send the results to the bbc because it cant be more than 10/11

It would be interesting to total up Lawrensons predictions for us this season, and convert them into predicted points and send the results to the bbc because it cant be more than 10/11

369283[/snapback]

You won't have to wait long Bazza, I'd already got a little something planned for the Portsmouth preview wink.gif . By the way, in the 14 games I've been able to track down his predictions for us, the grand total is 7 points . Over to you to mail the beeb.

It's a huge game.

Not for the first time are we coming up against a team we should beat and anybody remembering the Newcastle and Everton debacles should be aware that things can go wrong. Agaginst Newcastle we showed no class and against Everton we missed chances and gave a poor goal away before Todd was correctly sent off.

It should be different tonight, let us hope it is.

pb

your crowd prediction is way off.

a holiday fixture at home with at least 3000 from sunderland will see a plus 22k crowd, probably more ohmy.gif

with stead if he cant handle a bit of extra fitness training then we were better off and the manager was right to get rid.

sunderland are a poor outfit, heads drop as soon as the opposition score so it is imperative for Rovers to notch early doors.

lawrenson is a complete clown (its christmas and I wont lower myself anymore), let him talk up Rovers on tv and then on the bbci website predict nothing more than a home draw or loss. Its him that doesnt matter whereas us Rovers fans are the one who make the proper judgements on our team. All Rovers have to do is put his comments in a one liner on the team board and let them shoot him down.

only 7 hours until we arrive at the Watersedge for a reet good session, just got to do the jobs the wife ordered me to do then its on with the footie kit, fill the pockets with dosh and hop in the lift to the pub for a good few carlings rover.gif

Happy New Year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.