BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Sunderland 0

den

I just hope Mark Hughes makes it clear to the team, that failure to produce on Wednesday will not be acceptable.

Don't we all, Alan75. However, the most he can threaten them with is losing their place in the team and for most of them that isn't going to happen. If they think they are likely to leave in the summer they won't be arsed either. It's going to be a massive job to lift the players and get them wanting to play and win again especially against clubs in the lower half of the table in the cold dark miserable days of February.

After these last three results (and I include West Ham in this) the euphoria of the win over ManUre has long since gone.

If we lose the next match, more fans will walk (and who will blame them?) - and it will be no mean feat to get them back.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a massive job to lift the players and get them wanting to play and win again especially against clubs in the lower half of the table in the cold dark miserable days of February

It`s bewildering really, intit? How some players have to be 'lifted' & 'motivated' to play the game they are substantially paid to play? If they are lucky, they`ll play maybe 50 games a year, then they whinge when they get dropped.....then when they reach 'safety' they take their foot off the gas & saunter the rest of the season......whilst we freeze our nuts off supporting & clapping them.

Come on Rovers players!! A run of half a dozen good results could put us in European spot, meaning you can sod the Intertoto & have a longer sunshine break in the summer! cool.gif

....Now if that cannot motivate an end of season run......then we`re all DOOMED!! blink.gif

It`s bewildering really, intit? How some players have to be 'lifted' & 'motivated' to play the game they are substantially paid to play? If they are lucky, they`ll play maybe 50 games a year, then they whinge when they get dropped.....then when they reach 'safety' they take their foot off the gas & saunter the rest of the season......whilst we freeze our nuts off supporting & clapping them.

Come on Rovers players!! A run of half a dozen good results could put us in European spot, meaning you can sod the Intertoto & have a longer sunshine break in the summer!  cool.gif

....Now if that cannot motivate an end of season run......then we`re all DOOMED!!  blink.gif

383659[/snapback]

Its frustrating Cletus, like most on here I would bleed just to play for my club.....let alone be paid like a king to do a job you enjoy!!!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Cletus and SG194, I couldn't agree with you more.

To be honest, it's rather insulting to the fans, the manager and the club in my opinion. It's their choice of career and they are lucky enough to play in one of the best leagues in the world. Okay, everyone has a bad day now and again, but three in a row? And we could name other matches in this season............

Walk round your local park any Sunday morning and what do you see? Lads of all ages playing their football, in all sorts of conditions, often on unkempt grounds, and giving their all for their teams. And having to pay for the privilege!

cant see safc bringing 4k fans for a midweek away game at wintry Blackburn - wether forecast anyone ?

383696[/snapback]

You might just be in for a surprise Roverite!...for a team that is so poor they command bl00dy good support.

They had upwards of 4k travel down to BRENTFORD to see their FA cup exit.

Sunderland will win thanks to a goal from our old mate Jon Stead. I wish Sparky hadn't sold that lad, all he needs is a bit of confidence and by going to Sunderland he hasn't made it easy to find that.

Jon Stead hat-trick + Julio Arca 35 screamer

Rovers 1

Sunderland 4

Revised forcast.

Rovers 3 Sunderland 1 .................Bellamy 2 Bentley 1 STEAD!

We need,nay,fookin demand a responce from our team after 2 defeats on the bounce against poor opposition. mad.gif

I love a midweek night match, breaks the monotony of the working week up nicely......lets hope they give us something to cheer about.

Att: 20,800

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

If i remember correctly after coming back from the weds league game against manure there were some signs on the motorway indicating the slip road from the m66 to the m62 (leeds&hull) was to be closed on weds 15th in the evening.

Does anybody else who is travelling back to yorkshire after the game have any ideas which is the best way around this? Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers

Managed to find this on the Manchester News Page.

"NIGHTMARE roadworks today came to one of Greater Manchester's busiest motorways - and they will last for much of this year. A £4m contract for essential resurfacing and bridge work on the M66 will last until September.

Preliminary work began last month with a 40 mph speed limit imposed to protect workers while the temporary lanes were put in place. But they began in earnest today between the start of the motorway at the junction with the A56 at Edenfield and busy junction 4 where it links with the M60. The limit has been raised to 50mph.

Occasional overnight closures of entry and exit slip roadswill also be necessary at times. A 50 mph speed limit will be in force throughout the road works - enforced by highly-visible speed cameras. "

Sounds like its going to be fun sad.gif

Odds on another ex-Rover scoring against us?

383788[/snapback]

17/2 for the first goal and 9/4 at any time.

it's amazing they rate Jonathon Douglas at 16/1 to score the first goal and sergio peter has a massive reputation already at 5/1

Cletus and SG194, I couldn't agree with you more.

To be honest, it's rather insulting to the fans, the manager and the club in my opinion.  It's their choice of career and they are lucky enough to play in one of the best leagues in the world.  Okay, everyone has a bad day now and again, but three in a row?  And we could name other matches in this season............

383682[/snapback]

Surely you mean two in a row? I thought they did quite well against manchester united...

For all US based fans live coverage at 3pm FSC.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/2646572

383803[/snapback]

I'll have to tape it but I am not sure I dare watch. Got that horrible gut feeling the script for this one is already written. Sunderland will be giving 100%, from what I have seen they always have this season. We had better match them and then some.

If i remember correctly after coming back from the weds league game against manure there were some signs on the motorway indicating the slip road from the m66 to the m62 (leeds&hull) was to be closed on weds 15th in the evening.

It is closed from 2100 on Wednesday - went past last night - What about heading down the M61 to the M62 - probably quicker than diverting via Heap Bridge and Heywood to the M62.

As for the match - 3-1 Rovers, Stead will score, Bellamy x2 / Kuqi.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.