SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pitch Inspection

BringOnNextSeason

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sack all the thicko's involved with ground issues I say!!!

What a fu(kin disgrace!!

The clubs stuck in the 80's

369517[/snapback]

You weren't the only one going over board Greggy but what are you going to do with a sacked section of cracked underground piping which burst an hour before the game was postponed?

Got this from the Rovers email list.

>Despite living in LA I have managed to turn my son into a Rovers fan and

> organized for us to accompany his grandad to the Sunderland game during our 3

> day spell in England. Even though we paid close attention to Radio Blackburn

> we didn't hear of the postponement until we arrived at the ground and to make

> matters worse the club shop was closed so he couldn't buy a MGP shirt. So the

> next day we returned to the ground from St. Annes where my dad lives, while

> he was checking out the shop and getting the shirt I went into reception to

> see if he could at least see the pitch given the distance we'd travelled. The

> lady on reception said that there were no Ground tours that day, but she'd

> call Garry.

>

> Garry said he'd be happy to show us around, and even suggested we bought a

> disposable camera to record the event. What followed was a wonderful hour, we

> walked up to the half way line, took photos where the players come out , saw

> the post match interview room, changing rooms, premiership replica, Boardroom

> and finished off by having our photos taken together under the Jack Walker

> statue.

>

> It more than made up for missing the game and 13 year old Nick is a fan for

> life.

>

> Thanks Rovers - and especially Garry.

>

> Peter

>

This same thing occured to my Dad when he was in England for the Ashes. It was the first day of the season, and there was a bit of a rain delay so he decided to pay Ewood a visit to get some photos and merchandise for me. The people there were very helpful. Gave him a 30minute tour of the place including the ground, security room, change rooms, board room, and the trophy room.

So this aint a one off from the staff down at Ewood.

This same thing occured to my Dad when he was in England for the Ashes. It was the first day of the season, and there was a bit of a rain delay so he decided to pay Ewood a visit to get some photos and merchandise for me. The people there were very helpful. Gave him a 30minute tour of the place including the ground, security room, change rooms, board room, and the trophy room.

So this aint a one off from the staff down at Ewood.

371903[/snapback]

I was allowed into the ground on one occassion, gave me a full refund to a match I was not able to attend but had bought tickets for, and on the recommendation of Glenn (thanks mate), I asked and was granted access to the trophy room and player lounge after last season home Villa match.

The club strikes me as genuinely homely, I would imagine more so than any other in the Premiership, so it always strikes me odd that so many fans are down on the club itself. Not saying they are wrong, just my few experiences were all positive.

The same thing happened to me in 2003. So I will tell you all the story.

I was travelling in the Uk ... (I am australian ... but I hasten to add that my grandparents were from blackburn) ... I was in liverpool for a week. Caught the train and bus to get up to blackburn. Walked from the train station out to the ground. The little river was frozen over ... but I did throw a few rocks in to see if the ice would break.

I was in the carpark out the front of the main gates taking photos of the ground from every possible angle.

A little kid was kicking a ball around and he came up and said hello and wondered why I was taking photos of the ground. I explained to him that I came from a long way away and that it meant a lot to me to get some photos of this ground. He couldn't understand why I would be bothered following blackburn from the other side of the world.

Anyhow I went into the club shop and relieved them of every possible trinket ... I still cant bring myself to using the deck of cards ... i dont want to dirty them.

I pay for all the trinkets at the counter and say "can I also pay for a tour of the ground".

"No tours of the ground today."

I was shattered.

I say to the lady behind the counter "you dont understand".

Quick as a flash lady jumps on the phone. She hangs up and says "go over to that little door over there and the groundskeeper will take you for a tour".

Groundskeeper comes out from the little door under the stand. Takes me in and under the stand. Walk out onto the sideline ... groundskeeper says ... "now you mustn't walk on the pitch"

"oh please sir"

"oh go on"

so out I walk into the middle of the pitch ... get my phtos with hands stretched out wide. Full panorama from the middle of the pitch.

I didn't get to see the Boardroom and all that stuff but it was still a magical 20 minutes.

And I will confess ... when i was walking down the tunnel and out on the ground I was dead set crying.

The same thing happened to me in 2003. So I will tell you all the story.

372728[/snapback]

Yep, your story mirrors mine (same year). I only missed the 2002-2003 Southampton match because my flight from Paris to Liverpool was 3.5 hrs delayed. I arrived in liverpool at 2.30pm, 30mins before kick-off.

So I went to Blackburn the next day anyway. And that's how I got onto the pitch.

Yep, your story mirrors mine (same year). I only missed the 2002-2003 Southampton match because my flight from Paris to Liverpool was 3.5 hrs delayed. I arrived in liverpool at 2.30pm, 30mins before kick-off.

So I went to Blackburn the next day anyway. And that's how I got onto the pitch.

372744[/snapback]

And strangely that story almost mirrors a bloke that I met outside the Blackburn End taking photographs, he was from Austin Texas, I gave him a quick tour round the pitch.

• 3 weeks later...
rover.gif seeing both us and sunderland are out off the fa cup can this game not be played at the weekend,sat 18th instead of the wednesday night,makes sense to me tinykit.gif

379806[/snapback]

I think someone posted in WH thread a link ref Nelson being out. I think NZ have a game that weekend and he said he might not be able to play as we might be moving the Sunderland fixture to that date. At the time though I thought that they surely wouldn't move the re-arranged date. Would make sense though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.