BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Jansen will starst and doubt that he will het on at all but if he does i hope he gets a magnificient reception whatever the scoreline is.

374322[/snapback]

Somehow I can't really see it. I know Jansen has done well for us, but you have got to look at the facts:

o Matt has somehow got the 'hero' tag. Don't know how, don't know why. He's a nice lad for sure and he did have a couple of seasons where he bagged a few. He made a massive contribution to the promotion cause, but in my opinion no more so than the other 'heroes' of that season like Friedel, Berg, Hughes, Dunn, Duff, Flitcroft etc.

o He has done one of only three horrendous acts possible by a Blackburn Rovers player. Signing for @#/?s, signing for Nob End or signing for Wankies is a no-go, and he has done the latter. I'm sure many of us fans want to remember Matt for the goals, the skills etc, but unfortunately he is only going to be remembered really for wasting a career (arguably through no fault of his own) and then jumping ship to W-Wanderers. Matthew you silly silly boy.

Having said all that 44 goals in 104 league starts for Rovers does sound pretty impressive. Soccerbase clicky Matt I wish you no harm, but I hope you never play for your new club.

Edited by ihateburnley

Eh? Bitter? OK get this then..........

Good grief. rolleyes.gif

anyway.......pondering further,

I wonder who has actually been pulling the strings on this sudden urge to quit?  Unless I am mistaken this situation has been manipulated from outside. 

("Now then I've had a word with our chairman lad.  He knows that it's been a struggle for you since summer having to manage on just a few thousand quid each week. So if you can get yourself a free transfer from't Rovers, and are willing to make your own insurance arrangements and come on an appearence based arrangement we'll take a chance on you and pay you what you are asking for.)

No doubt we'll find out soon when he declares where he has decided to go over the past few months.

371931[/snapback]

Check the date guys and dont say that I didn't warn you!

Anybody can see that we've been shafted! MJ has got big wages / bung because he got himself out of his contract for sweet FA!

Obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse imo. To much mellow red wine and too many glorious sunsets over the Med are making you go soft Philp.

Edited by thenodrog

Good grief. Theno's been at the loopy juice again.

Jansen was fully fit and yet wasn't getting a look in. It's natural that he wants to leave. And if, and it's a big if, his agent has been lining up a club for him for a while so what? And who cares if he goes to Bolton? Everyone's been saying on here for ages that he's finished as a top class player, so his leaving is surely good for us and bad for Bolton.

And if he plays tomorrow he'll get a fantastic reception from the Rovers fans - those that aren't consumed with bitterness and jealousy anyway.

You cannot deny that he's cost us big money which could have been used elsewhere. He's rewarding our best intentions by cheating and conning his exit and in the process making sure that he gets paid what he really should owe us. Next thing scotty you'll be daft and soft enough to start demanding a testimonial for him.

Why else did he not simply come clean and say please can I leave and sign for Bolton? Why did Bolton not put an offer in in the proper time honoured fashion?

The injury scams surrounding the departures of Le saux and Sutton left a bad smell but this one stinks!

You cannot deny that he's cost us big money which could have been used elsewhere.  He's rewarding our best intentions by cheating and conning his exit and in the process making sure that he gets paid what he really should owe us.  Next thing scotty you'll be daft and soft enough to start demanding a testimonial for him. 

Why else did he not simply come clean and say please can I leave and sign for Bolton?  Why did Bolton not put an offer in in the proper time honoured fashion? 

The injury scams surrounding the departures of Le saux and Sutton left a bad smell but this one stinks!

374350[/snapback]

I thought he did us a favour really. I don't think anybody would of paid a fee for him and he was obviously still costing us a fair bit to sit on the bench.

The other option was him staying at rovers for the next six months eating up more cash without playing. I don't understand how he can of done anything 'conniving'. Hughes plainly didn't want him.

The only annoying thing is he signed for Bolton. But life goe on I suppose.

After reading the message on rovers.co.uk, I wanted him to go riding off into the football sunset and have a good career elsewhere. Now, I hope he doesnt get a look in a Bolton. I know he is a Carlisle man, and outside of a Rovers contract he has no reason not to turn down Bolton, but really, Bolton? I suppose better to rot in their reserves than ours, but I CAN see him playing tomorrow, even if he never plays again. He's fit, and most certainly motivated. Perhaps it was mis-interpretation of reading between the lines, but he does seem to think he deserved a start for Rovers recently, and I'm sure he'd love to prove Sparky wrong.

Can see why he has signed for bolton, prem team, managers rep with damaged goods, stay in area, and the absolute and final last chance at premiership football. Having said that I'm not sure it's a good move with Boltons style of play and the fact he won't be first choice. He'd have been much better moving down a division and regaining his form that way. This way it'll be a lot harder, the odds of him succeeding are minimal and it'll most probably be a waste of another 6 months for the lad.

To be honest Hughes knows about strikers, his judgement on Stead nad Kuqi for example went against popular trend, so if Hughes doesn't think he's good enough anymore, then I'm happy with the decision to let him go to anyone, it won't damage our chances. How many cheap strikers are there out there? Not many and Bolton need to boost their squad numbers what with the African Cup. As a pus fo us it also frees up a bit more wages for Hughes to play with.

As it is I hope it works out for Matty, even at Bolton, though preferably not at our expense. Hopefully he'll begin to regain his form and someone else will nab him off Bolton at the end of his short term contract.

I'm sure he'd lined up the Bolton move in advance. So what? Most of us would line-up another job before we left our current one. We wouldn't have got a fee for him. We haven't lost any money in wages (it's not as if we've paid his contract up as far as I'm aware). Hughes obviously didn't think he was good enough.

It's a great move for Matt, he gets to stay in the area and play for a manager with a track record of getting the best out of rejected players, it gets rid of a player who was never going to play off our wage bill, and we all get a chance to give him a send off tomorrow.

No-one's done anything wrong, it's just football. And I think we've done ok out of it as I think the release off Jansen and the transfer of Flitty will free up enough money for Hughes to get another forward on loan.

You cannot deny that he's cost us big money which could have been used elsewhere.  He's rewarding our best intentions by cheating and conning his exit and in the process making sure that he gets paid what he really should owe us.  Next thing scotty you'll be daft and soft enough to start demanding a testimonial for him. 

Why else did he not simply come clean and say please can I leave and sign for Bolton?  Why did Bolton not put an offer in in the proper time honoured fashion? 

374350[/snapback]

You're definately a glass half-empty man.

By the way, the government is tapping your phone, reading your e-mails, and there is a crack squad of Muslim terrorists assembling at the end of your garden ready to strangle your puppy and serve it up on a bed of pillau rice.

For god's sake man, take it easy. The way you get yourself worked up about everything, you're going to have a thrombie soon.

I don't think Jansen's done anything wrong Gordon, we didn't HAVE to offer him a new deal in the summer, it would obviously have been wiser to draw a line under the whole sorry saga then.

If anything the situation was brought about by our seemingly seeing enough potential in the lad to offer him another deal, but then denying him the run of games he needed to prove or disprove his capabilities once and for all. I'll never understand that one.

Granted he shouldn't have been arseing about on a scooter in Rome four years ago. But everyone is human and he seemed a really genuine and likeable lad. I really hope he enjoys an Indian summer to his career.

Starting AFTER today.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I don't think Jansen's done anything wrong Gordon,

374379[/snapback]

Well I bloody do Rev! It's all sneaky and underhand. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! We have honourably (stupidly imo) stood by this guy for 4 years yet he doesn't have the decency to take things through the proper channels. If he had been open and above board then I would imagine that the Rovers would have put small fee / appearence fee on him given that Notlob are a prem club and a local rival to boot. Who knows if that had happened maybe somebody else would have bid slightly higher. I'm not talking about a lot of money as far as football moves go but I am talking about a lot of money to all on here who have to survive in tghe real world (Chesh excepted of course wink.gif ) It's obvious that by doing it this way that at least half that estimated money has gone into his already stuffed bank account with a lump to his agent and the rest staying in Gartsides back sack.

Sorry but Jansen has made us a laughing stock in football business again. All this just 12 months after the conclusion of the last scam when Viola, Rangers Ferguson and their dodgy mate took us to the cleaners. They were making mugs of City too until City found out that it was a done deal and publically withdrew any hand of freindship asap before they stood to be tainted with the scam. What a tawt to not even do the decent thing by ringing Stuart Pearce to say he was not coming eh?

But I take the point that these days most people would try it on in this way, (is it greed or is it need? as the old saying goes). They do also say that fools and their money are soon parted don't they? Dahlin, Grabbi, Ferguson, et al and now bloody Jansen. Does anybody think Williams would have been as profligate with his own money? I wonder what Newell's interpretation of this would be?

If you lot cant see the devious and underhanded planning behind this scam then I am truly gobsmacked. Maybe if he was an ugly git without the floppy fringe and puppydog eyes etc there would be much less sympathy around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.