BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I bloody do Rev!  It's all sneaky and underhand.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!  We have honourably (stupidly imo) stood by this guy for 4 years yet he doesn't have the decency to take things through the proper channels.  If he had been open and above board then I would imagine that the Rovers would have put small fee / appearence fee on him given that Notlob are a prem club and a local rival to boot.  Who knows if that had happened maybe somebody else would have bid slightly higher.  I'm not talking about a lot of money as far as football moves go but I am talking about a lot of money to all on here who have to survive in tghe real world (Chesh excepted of course wink.gif )  It's obvious that by doing it this way that at least half that estimated money has gone into his already stuffed bank account with a lump to his agent and the rest staying in Gartsides back sack.

Sorry but Jansen has made us a laughing stock in football business again.  All this just 12 months after the conclusion of the last scam when Viola, Rangers Ferguson and their dodgy mate took us to the cleaners.  They were making mugs of City too until City found out that it was a done deal and publically withdrew any hand of freindship asap before they stood to be tainted with the scam.  What a tawt to not even do the decent thing by ringing Stuart Pearce to say he was not coming eh?

But I take the point that these days most people would try it on in this way, (is it greed or is it need? as the old saying goes).  They do also say that fools and their money are soon parted don't they?  Dahlin, Grabbi, Ferguson, et al and now bloody Jansen.  Does anybody think Williams would have been as profligate with his own money?  I wonder what Newell's interpretation of this would be? 

If you lot cant see the devious and underhanded planning behind this scam then I am truly gobsmacked.  Maybe if he was an ugly git without the floppy fringe and puppydog eyes etc there would be much less sympathy around.

374402[/snapback]

What a complete load of Tosh. Nobody I know is laughing at us over the Jansen move.

Some questions for you:-

If you were Matt Jansen would you stay at a club and finish your career in the reserves maybe playing about 6 matches. Or would you go somewhere else where you could play the game you love again?

If you were Mark Hughes would you play someone just because the fans want him to play again? Or would you let him leave a sign someone else at a later stage.

Think before you speak man dry.gif

What a complete load of Tosh.  Nobody I know is laughing at us over the Jansen move.

Some questions for you:-

If you were Matt Jansen would you stay at a club and finish your career in the reserves maybe playing about 6 matches.  Or would you go somewhere else where you could play the game you love again?

If you were Mark Hughes would you play someone just because the fans want him to play again? Or would you let him leave a sign someone else at a later stage.

Think before you speak man  dry.gif

374409[/snapback]

Think before you speak too! Where have you read that Sam has guaranteed him a place?

Let the scales fall from your eyes........Matt is not bothered about playing Matt is bothered about money. All this has happened since we changed his comfortable deal this summer.

My only point is that it has been underhand and if Jansen plays as much as you suggest then we quite rightly should have a perfect right to have included an

appearence money clause in the deal. Do you disagree with that Cocker? Cos if you do you must admit that his actions have bollaxed any such deal.

I'm with you on this... The club looks to have been either very naive or just wanted rid of him as easy as possible. If Rovers had known of the interest from Man City, Bolton, Everton & Wigan they should have let him go on a free transfer with clauses for goals, appearences & a sell on percentage. The fact that they did not insist on this indicates they did not anticipate Matt Jansen would be at another Premiership club within 48 hours.

If he makes an appearance today I wont boo him but moving to BWFC makes it hard to give him applause. 4-0 with a Jemal Johnson hatrick after coming on as sub in the 4th striker role please!.... smile.gif

In all honesty im gutted Matty has gone but i can understand his decision.I just really wish him all the luck in the world and hope after today it all goes right for the lad i think he deserves it.i would like Matty to score a consulation goal today just so we can so theres no hard feelings and wish him on his way.Good luck Matty and thanks for the memories.

I for one was already sick and tired of the Jansen soap opera before the Bolton thing, so no surprise that I am in Theno's camp.

There is no question that the heart-rendering tales of Matt's depression at not being in the team and his immediate move to one of the 7 clubs in the country higher up the league than us are incompatable. It makes no sense if you accept Jansen's story at face value. Failing to be in the first team at his next club would surely deepen the depression, and has been pointed out, Bolton would be nuts to change the formula built around Davies and Spit.

I never had much sympathy for the sob story in the first place. Sure, an accident prevented him fulfilling his potential; but I know plenty of people who, through illness or economic conditions, will not reach their potential and who never complain. He has health, wealth, a hot wife and good looks. And now a bit more wealth.

Well I bloody do Rev!  It's all sneaky and underhand.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!  We have honourably (stupidly imo) stood by this guy for 4 years yet he doesn't have the decency to take things through the proper channels.  If he had been open and above board then I would imagine that the Rovers would have put small fee / appearence fee on him given that Notlob are a prem club and a local rival to boot.  Who knows if that had happened maybe somebody else would have bid slightly higher.  I'm not talking about a lot of money as far as football moves go but I am talking about a lot of money to all on here who have to survive in tghe real world (Chesh excepted of course wink.gif )  It's obvious that by doing it this way that at least half that estimated money has gone into his already stuffed bank account with a lump to his agent and the rest staying in Gartsides back sack.

Sorry but Jansen has made us a laughing stock in football business again.  All this just 12 months after the conclusion of the last scam when Viola, Rangers Ferguson and their dodgy mate took us to the cleaners.  They were making mugs of City too until City found out that it was a done deal and publically withdrew any hand of freindship asap before they stood to be tainted with the scam.  What a tawt to not even do the decent thing by ringing Stuart Pearce to say he was not coming eh?

But I take the point that these days most people would try it on in this way, (is it greed or is it need? as the old saying goes).  They do also say that fools and their money are soon parted don't they?  Dahlin, Grabbi, Ferguson, et al and now bloody Jansen.  Does anybody think Williams would have been as profligate with his own money?  I wonder what Newell's interpretation of this would be? 

If you lot cant see the devious and underhanded planning behind this scam then I am truly gobsmacked.  Maybe if he was an ugly git without the floppy fringe and puppydog eyes etc there would be much less sympathy around.

374402[/snapback]

1) I agree we stood by him more than honourably for the duration of his last deal when arguably we might have been perfectly entitled to terminate for breach of contract. I presume we would have taken legal advice on the matter. If we did indeed stand by him when we didn't have to that was our decision, not the lad's fault.

Don't forget that it works two ways. If we took that stance it wasn't out of being soppy and sentimental, it would have been a calculated gamble in the hope that our 10m asset would recover his previous form.

2) No-one forced the club to offer him a new deal in the summer. Again not Jansen's fault.

3) No-one has forced us to release him from his current deal. Jansen was not getting first team football and asked to be released from his contract. If Hughes believed there was the remotest possibility of getting either a modest fee or an appearance based fee I'm sure he wouldn't have acceded to Jansen's request.

Totally different from the Ferguson scenario IMO which I agree we handled extremely badly.

Mind you personaly I'm not yet 100% convinced Jansen can't do a passable job at this level. However if Hughes is convinvced of that he's done the right thing and has to live or die by his decisions

I'd like to say good luck Matty and all the best at Bolton. If theres one man who can get the best out of players it's Big Sam. I look forward to seeing him score tons of goals for Bolton and Mark Hughes sitting at home and thinking why did I let him go. Oh aye and he is no traitor, a mans got to earn his crust, so those who call him a traitor keep your mouths shut because thats just your selfishness showing, be pleased for the lad

...whos laughing at us FFS...

If you leave your job you can go and work for anyone you choose - are some people suggesting that Jansen should have been put on bloody garden leave??

Another point is that Rovers have not being paying vast wages to Jansen as the insurance policy was void due to the nature of his accident - he has been paid on appearences since his accident which I believe will not amount to very much (comparitively). He has hardly been milking us since squashed his melon in Rome.

I for one wish him luck and do any of you really honestly think for a minute that he will come back and haunt us? Hughes is no fool - he would not have let him go if thought for a moment that Jansen could return to form.

Edited by Dufflite

No read all of this thread but why did not Rovers include a clause in his transfer that he could not play against us today ?

374457[/snapback]

"...off you pop Matty we dont want you anymore cause we think you are crap - Oh and by the way, you cant play against us with your new team whoever they may be"

I know what I would have said....

Edited by Dufflite

Interesting thread now! If only for identifying the more clear thinking and businesslike members huh.gif from the naive romantics. blink.gif

I suggest that if posters included age and occupation it would provide even more revealing. wink.gif

Jim...... never mind that, why didn't we simply loan him?

Take a chill pill Theno.

Fact:

1 He's finished.

2 He's no longer a Blackburn player.

3. He's been a liability on the wage bill for 3-4 years.

4. Bolton are welcome to him.

374475[/snapback]

I wonder if Jim would like to make that his signature? ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Take a chill pill Theno.

Fact:

1 He's finished.

2 He's no longer a Blackburn player.

3. He's been a liability on the wage bill for 3-4 years.

4. Bolton are welcome to him.

374475[/snapback]

Call yourself a true Rovers fan your nothing but a fake.

Jansen was going to take the best deal he was offered and it was obvious that some Prem clubs , especially North West clubs would be interested in him and if one of them offer him a deal he's gonna accept it over a offer from a Championship or League 1 or 2 club.

Don't think Rovers could have said to him , "we'll release you but you can only join Accy Stanley or Morecambe."

I for one will applaud him if he makes a appearance today.

Call yourself a true Rovers fan your nothing but a fake.

374487[/snapback]

I agree entirely with him.

And I AM a true Rovers fan.

Matty has had FOUR years to prove it, he hasnt. I trust the decision making of our team of professional coaches. They have worked with him for an extended period of time. They are not some besotted fan, they see him day in day out.

I had kind of hoped this would go away now hes left us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.