BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will applaud him if he makes a appearance today.

374489[/snapback]

While he is not playing against us applaud all you want but for all intensive purposes he is a bolton boy now and so should be hated for the 90mins!

As SouthAussieRover says he's finished anyway, problem is he has a habit of getting the odd important goal.

hahahahahahaha Bolton fan yeah mate I'm Peter Kay. Go get your head checked you Home & Away and Neighbours fanatic

374497[/snapback]

Peter Kay?

Are you one of the nouveau cuisine types on here? French for knows (Please don't use that word again) all.

Or a crayfish ie sh.it for brains?

Now, back to Matty, he's gone so get over it.

I might be wrong, but didn't he spend more time with us post-Rome injury than pre-Rome injury? Why the hell did we keep him so long?

After Rome he had two mangers at the Rovers and has impressed neither. He has a contract at Bolton until the end of the season, and I'd be surprised if he stays in the Premiership beyond that.

Glad he has finally gone, although he was one of my favourites in his pomp. But I was getting sick and tired of it all. Sorry.

Before anyone jumps all over this comment...

I wonder if Matty would've celebrated if he had scored.

374541[/snapback]

I thought he would be celebrating the fact that he had played!

Was watching the game in a busy pub with the sound turned down. Can anybody tell me what sort of reception Matt got?

Was watching the game in a busy pub with the sound turned down. Can anybody tell me what sort of reception Matt got?

374549[/snapback]

An excellent one.

And we finally got the chance to say thank you and goodbye.

I thought he got the final whistle spot on.

For those who werent there, he clapped the BBE from the halfway line to "one matt jansen" he then acknowledged the bolton fans, and went round the riverside, accross the blackburn end and finally the nuttall street.

A nice touch.

374549[/snapback]

Brilliant reception for Matty, Managed a lap of honour after final whistle too. smile.gif

Edited by EIEIEIO

He looked like a little boy lost when he came on and during the warm up. I thought he made the same contribution for Bolton that he has done every time he's been on the pitch since the accident - everywhere the ball was, he wasn't. Don't know if the crash has affected his head but he looks as though he's lost all the positional sense he had and what was one of his major assets.

Before the Bolton team came back into the dressing room before the match about 4 or 5 players where taking shots at Walker(?) and Matt was litteraly being the ball boy - not once did he shoot he just kept fetching the ball and watching the others.

Shame what's happened but it's going to take a miracle to make him a prem player again...

Couldn't bring myself to applaud his when he was subbed on, I can't accept him as a Wanky Wanderer. Gave him a hand after the match though.

Not that it matters who he goes to, he's finished. Just I hate Bolton.

374611[/snapback]

did i write this ..exactly what i did.

Couldn't bring myself to applaud his when he was subbed on, I can't accept him as a Wanky Wanderer. Gave him a hand after the match though.

374611[/snapback]

Same here, unlike the bloody annoying girl who sits near me who spent the whole game talking about him saying she hoped he would come on and score ten then actually cried at the end. FFS!

I'm so glad to see Jansen getting his career back on track. It's been a long time in coming.

I can understand club officials keeping Jansen from the starting 11 if he isn't putting enough in or if he simply isn't good enough. But the reasoning behind keeping him at the club for the last two seasons, just for the odd cameo performance is beyond me. He has been mislead and fed so many empty promises for so long that I do not blame him leaving. I wish the club had had the guts to tell him he either wasn't good enough for the team or didn't have a future at the club.

I'm so glad to see Jansen getting his career back on track.  It's been a long time in coming.

I can understand club officials keeping Jansen from the starting 11 if he isn't putting enough in or if he simply isn't good enough.  But the reasoning behind keeping him at the club for the last two seasons, just for the odd cameo performance is beyond me.  He has been mislead and fed so many empty promises for so long that I do not blame him leaving.  I wish the club had had the guts to tell him he either wasn't good enough for the team or didn't have a future at the club.

374642[/snapback]

Oh ffs! Are you daft? Yes indeed BRFC could have saved all that anguish easily! WE could've stopped paying him! The fact that we honoured his contract (whilst he did not) when we prob had no need to is now obviously the only reason that he stayed at all.

btw mods..... what tf are we running here nowadays....... a creche?

No a home for mad men...

1) I am satisfied that Hughes would have given Matty every chance consistent with not damaging the Rovers.

2) I am satisfied that the club did there very fairest by Mat.

3) His substitute cameo performance for Bolton was no better and no worse than he has done for us. He showed enormous guts courage and determination scrapping for the ball at the end with three Rovers round him and we were quite fortunate Riley blew for a foul when he emerged with the ball in the 94th minute.

4) Other than that nothing.

The thing which really bothered me for Mat's sake was that when the camera focused on his face before he came on, there was just a very blank look in his eyes. It was frightening compared with the way he was before that terrible accident.

The tragi-hero status everyone feels for Matty is absolutely right. The lad was goingt to be a Rovers great and that was robbed from him and us and from England by a moronic Roman taxi driver. The only part of the story everyone agrees with re the accident is that he was hit by the taxi driver, not the other way round. To that extent, whether you are a pedestrian, a biker or in another vehicle, you are at risk from those psychopaths in Rome.

Edited by philipl

Sigh this is getting wearisome. 1 & 2 we all agree on. 3 and 4 is daft.

But it's Matts fault not the taxi drivers. If he had adhered to the terms of his insurance he should have piggin well been in one! Simple as. Financially he's cost us big time, and there is no argument about that.

btw mods..... what tf are we running here nowadays....... a creche?

374643[/snapback]

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif quite probably

For me it was enough to say thanks to Matt. The whole thing is a great shame, I hope he does well at Bolton but I can't see it happening. There is no way Sparky would let a player of his potential talent leave if he thought there was any chance of him returning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.