SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

He would be in his prime now at 28. Apprantley he refused america as they was fighting over him. This was on the news site today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/5361476.stm

I think that could just be a clever ploy by Matties people to say that he is available to all - come and get him.

Personally, I just want to see him playing again.

How has this got to 23 pages?

He's gone, he's useless now, still some of us can't face up to that.

I think a lot of people are interested in keeping tabs on a player who was a favourite of many.

Edited by Eddie

I hark back not so long ago to those great games at Preston,Bolton and that very special day in Cardiff with a smile and remember his goals.......

Oh what a talent lost! :(

or his two against burnley, you could tell he enojyed them 2 goals

Rember the game at the end of the season? Think it was fulham actually he came out on the end of season walk & was bangin the drum with the rest of the BBE, quality :rover:

Edited by OhmiBRFC

Jansen played his best football at Palace? I seriously doubt it. Even taking into consideration his accident and subsequent loss of transfer value, he was a great buy for Rovers.

His goals fired us to promotion and continued to flow in the Premiership. Prior to the 2002 World Cup I would have valued him at £10 million easily, and if only Sven hadnt had a characteristically bizarre change of mind at the last minute, he would have gone to Japan/Korea, and arguably done a job for England up front or on the left given the chance.

Had this been the case then the scooter accident would never have happened and Jansen would still be firing them in for us, if not for a bigger club.

(He scored in the Worthy Cup Final too...I think I know who got the better end of the deal - I take it that Palace spent the massive transfer fee on building a sustained Premiership force did they?)

Edited by Darth Paul

correct

EDIT: Matt Jansen goal vs liverpool

this was my first game live at Ewood Park, remember it so well...although the result turned out to be sh1te, the firs 10 min was awesome

That goal was after his crash as well. I thought that Matty was back for sure when he scored that.

Unfortunately it wasn't to be...

The reason everybody still wants to know what he's up to is because football is all about memories - and he has provided many of us with great ones.

Jansen played his best football at Palace? I seriously doubt it. Even taking into consideration his accident and subsequent loss of transfer value, he was a great buy for Rovers.

His goals fired us to promotion and continued to flow in the Premiership. Prior to the 2002 World Cup I would have valued him at £10 million easily, and if only Sven hadnt had a characteristically bizarre change of mind at the last minute, he would have gone to Japan/Korea, and arguably done a job for England up front or on the left given the chance.

Had this been the case then the scooter accident would never have happened and Jansen would still be firing them in for us, if not for a bigger club.

(He scored in the Worthy Cup Final too...I think I know who got the better end of the deal - I take it that Palace spent the massive transfer fee on building a sustained Premiership force did they?)

When matty left us we were in admin and needed to sell.Rovers paid about 4million for him and at that time, We needed the money to keep us afloat.

He did do well for us and scored some good goals.

When matty left us we were in admin and needed to sell.Rovers paid about 4million for him and at that time, We needed the money to keep us afloat.

He did do well for us and scored some good goals.

That's a bit different to "he played his best football for Palace"

One world cup ago really though. It has been just over 4 years. To be fair, I think all of us would do the same. He's still a young man and it would be very hard to give up what you love and have always done if you still think you have a chance.

Think it's pretty obvious he needs games and he isn't going to get that in the Premiership...something like Michael Bridges did would seem the best option. Go to a lower league club and slowly get back into it - last season Bridges was playing in the fourth tier...after a promotion and a transfer to Hull is in the Championship. If he'd just gone straight to Hull he may even have expected too much of himself. Seems like the best option to Matt...if he is really aiming to go back into the Premiership it's likely to be another false start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.